Chapter 1, Maestro
1. What month does the narrator reference in the opening of Chapter 1?
2. How old is the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Where does the narrator go at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Adirondacks.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Berkshires.
(d) The Appalachians.
4. What type of suit is the "great man" wearing in Chapter 1?
5. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
(a) Otto Frank.
(b) E.I. Lonoff.
(c) Nathan Zuckerman.
(d) Dr. Zuckerman.
6. What are the watercolor paintings in the living room of?
(b) A dog.
(c) The ocean.
(d) An old farmhouse.
7. How old is the house, according to the narrator, in Chapter 1?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 400 years.
(d) 300 years.
8. What do Lonoff's friends call him?
9. What year is it in Chapter 1?
10. Where did the narrator grow up?
(b) New York.
(c) Coney Island.
This section contains 2,755 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)