|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks to Daisy about the importance of Fred's marital status to his Junior Fellowship?
2. Who is charged before the witnesses are allowed into the courtroom?
3. Who/what is found in a basket at Botanic Gardens?
4. What does Fred know to be true about Daisy at the end of Part 4, Section 21?
5. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is regarding Fred's bicycle accident as mysterious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Fred asks Daisy why she lied in court about not knowing Kelly. What answer is Fred hoping to hear from Daisy? What answer does Daisy give?
2. Who has written Fred another note about Daisy Saunders? What does the note say about Daisy?
3. Where does Fred go after leaving the courtroom? Why?
4. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is dwelling on the aspects of Fred's biking accident? Why? Who is fearful of this undue interest?
5. Who helps Fred after his brawl with Kelly? Where do they take Kelly?
6. In Part 3, Section 15, why does Mr. Wrayburn regret his having been hospitable to Fred and Daisy after their biking accident?
7. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
8. Why is Daisy back in Cambridge in Part 3, Section 14? Where is she staying and why?
9. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who does Fred call after arriving back at St. Angelicus following the day in court ? Why?
10. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The allowance left by Daisy's aunt stops after her mother's death. Daisy decides to apply for work at Blackfriars Hospital. 1) Describe Daisy's visit to the hospital's employment office. 2) What happens that might discourage another applicant from waiting on an interview with the matron? 3) In spite of the less than encouraging atmosphere during the hiring process, why is Daisy not deterred from her goal of working at the hospital?
Essay Topic 2
Fred meets Daisy after a biking accident. 1) Describe the first meeting between Fred and Daisy. 2) What is a plausible explanation for Fred's love at first sight? 3) How does Daisy's inaccessibility fuel Fred's feelings?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, it seems that "fate" has brought Fred his wish for being with Daisy. Discuss fate's role in bringing the two face to face at the end of the story.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)