|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which experiments are being conducted by Skippey that need more funding?
2. What question does Fred ask Daisy at the end of Part 3, Section 15?
3. How many years ago did the events occur in Dr. Matthews' ghost story?
4. Who is Thomas Kelly?
5. What news does the visitor bring to Fred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to visit Fred in Cambridge? What does Fred reveal to the visitors?
2. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
3. Who has written Fred another note about Daisy Saunders? What does the note say about Daisy?
4. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 16, Mr. Wrayburn is speaking to Daisy about her involvement with Fred. What does he want Daisy to do in regards to the relationship? Why?
5. Where does Fred go after leaving the courtroom? Why?
6. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
7. Why is Daisy back in Cambridge in Part 3, Section 14? Where is she staying and why?
8. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
9. How does Daisy respond to Kelly's remarks during her newspaper office visit?
10. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The logical side of St. Angelicus is made apparent by its professors and Fellows. 1) Discuss the aesthetic qualities that are part of the college. 2) Explore a specific character's role/contribution for each venue.
Essay Topic 2
Daisy is quite competent and confident in her Nurse Probationer's position at Blackfriars, and then one day, she mistakenly answers a question by Dr. Sage. 1) What question is posed by the doctor? 2) What is Daisy's answer? 3) What is the source of Daisy's answer? 4) Is Dr. Sage's name consistent with his response to Daisy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The allowance left by Daisy's aunt stops after her mother's death. Daisy decides to apply for work at Blackfriars Hospital. 1) Describe Daisy's visit to the hospital's employment office. 2) What happens that might discourage another applicant from waiting on an interview with the matron? 3) In spite of the less than encouraging atmosphere during the hiring process, why is Daisy not deterred from her goal of working at the hospital?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)