|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is the setting for Dr.Matthews' story?
2. Who does Fred Fairly wish to marry?
3. Who is Fred waiting on after court?
4. Who does Skippey want to see at Botanic Gardens?
5. What leaving present do Daisy's co-workers give to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 16, Mr. Wrayburn is speaking to Daisy about her involvement with Fred. What does he want Daisy to do in regards to the relationship? Why?
2. Fred asks Daisy why she lied in court about not knowing Kelly. What answer is Fred hoping to hear from Daisy? What answer does Daisy give?
3. In Part 3, Section 15, why does Mr. Wrayburn regret his having been hospitable to Fred and Daisy after their biking accident?
4. Who helps Fred after his brawl with Kelly? Where do they take Kelly?
5. Who comes to visit Fred in Cambridge? What does Fred reveal to the visitors?
6. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
7. While waiting in the courtroom, what does Fred notice about Daisy's appearance? When does her appearance become even more noticeable to Fred?
8. When Daisy returns to the hospital after visiting the newspaper, what does she discover about patient 23? Who is patient 23?
9. Who is cited concerning Fred's accident? What are the charges?
10. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe the Wrayburns and their initial contact with Daisy. 2) As the story progresses, how could the relationship between Daisy and the Wrayburns be defined? Use examples of interaction between Daisy and the Wrayburns for support.
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Matthews is both a fan and critic of the Fellows . 1) Discuss these two sides of his relationship with the Fellows. 2) How do the Fellows view Dr. Matthews? Give details for support.
Essay Topic 3
The logical side of St. Angelicus is made apparent by its professors and Fellows. 1) Discuss the aesthetic qualities that are part of the college. 2) Explore a specific character's role/contribution for each venue.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)