|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fred go to pick up his gown before speaking?
2. What motion does Skippey want discussed next week at the Disobligers' Society's meeting?
3. According to Fred in Part 4, Section 21, who is a horrible person?
4. According to Tom Kelly, who is he trying to protect from embarrassment?
5. Where do Daisy and Fred go on their first "date"?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 14, Fred is still attempting to write a letter to Daisy. Why does he not want to throw away his previous attempts? How much contact has he actually had with Daisy at this point?
2. In Part 3, Section 15, why does Mr. Wrayburn regret his having been hospitable to Fred and Daisy after their biking accident?
3. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is dwelling on the aspects of Fred's biking accident? Why? Who is fearful of this undue interest?
4. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
5. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
6. While waiting in the courtroom, what does Fred notice about Daisy's appearance? When does her appearance become even more noticeable to Fred?
7. Where does Fred go after leaving the courtroom? Why?
8. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
9. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
10. When Daisy returns to the hospital after visiting the newspaper, what does she discover about patient 23? Who is patient 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Matthews is both a fan and critic of the Fellows . 1) Discuss these two sides of his relationship with the Fellows. 2) How do the Fellows view Dr. Matthews? Give details for support.
Essay Topic 2
Fred seems to be very much in awe of the work of a particular scientist named Rutherford. Taking all of Fred's comments and actions into account, is his reverence for Rutherford genuine or a contrived? Give several details for support.
Essay Topic 3
Fellows of St. Angelicus are not allowed to marry. What are possible reasons for this rule? Are the reasons still valid for continuing this practice? Why or why not?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)