|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is regarding Fred's bicycle accident as mysterious?
2. Where is Fred's family when he tells them that he loves Daisy?
3. What does Mrs. Wrayburn accept from Daisy as a parting gift?
4. Who happens by during Fred's brawl and offers to lend a hand?
5. Who is Fred waiting on after court?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who does Fred call after arriving back at St. Angelicus following the day in court ? Why?
2. While waiting in the courtroom, what does Fred notice about Daisy's appearance? When does her appearance become even more noticeable to Fred?
3. Who comes to visit Fred in Cambridge? What does Fred reveal to the visitors?
4. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
5. In Part 3, Section 15, why does Mr. Wrayburn regret his having been hospitable to Fred and Daisy after their biking accident?
6. Who has written Fred another note about Daisy Saunders? What does the note say about Daisy?
7. Why is Daisy back in Cambridge in Part 3, Section 14? Where is she staying and why?
8. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is dwelling on the aspects of Fred's biking accident? Why? Who is fearful of this undue interest?
9. Who is cited concerning Fred's accident? What are the charges?
10. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The logical side of St. Angelicus is made apparent by its professors and Fellows. 1) Discuss the aesthetic qualities that are part of the college. 2) Explore a specific character's role/contribution for each venue.
Essay Topic 2
Fellows of St. Angelicus are not allowed to marry. What are possible reasons for this rule? Are the reasons still valid for continuing this practice? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, it seems that "fate" has brought Fred his wish for being with Daisy. Discuss fate's role in bringing the two face to face at the end of the story.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)