|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is analogous to Dr. Matthews' ghost story?
2. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 19, where does Fred go after the court adjourns?
3. Who is Fred waiting on after court?
4. What does Fred know to be true about Daisy at the end of Part 4, Section 21?
5. Where does Fred go to pick up his gown before speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 4, Section 21, after his lecture, where does Fred go looking for "Nurse Saunders"? What does Fred discover about Daisy's new job?
2. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
3. Fred asks Daisy why she lied in court about not knowing Kelly. What answer is Fred hoping to hear from Daisy? What answer does Daisy give?
4. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 16, Mr. Wrayburn is speaking to Daisy about her involvement with Fred. What does he want Daisy to do in regards to the relationship? Why?
5. In Part 3, Section 15, why does Mr. Wrayburn regret his having been hospitable to Fred and Daisy after their biking accident?
6. Why is Daisy back in Cambridge in Part 3, Section 14? Where is she staying and why?
7. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who does Fred call after arriving back at St. Angelicus following the day in court ? Why?
8. Where does Fred go after leaving the courtroom? Why?
9. While waiting in the courtroom, what does Fred notice about Daisy's appearance? When does her appearance become even more noticeable to Fred?
10. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Discuss at least four instances in the book where the motif "seeing is believing" can be found. 2) Does the adage benefit or hinder the characters in each event?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe the Wrayburns and their initial contact with Daisy. 2) As the story progresses, how could the relationship between Daisy and the Wrayburns be defined? Use examples of interaction between Daisy and the Wrayburns for support.
Essay Topic 3
Fred meets Daisy after a biking accident. 1) Describe the first meeting between Fred and Daisy. 2) What is a plausible explanation for Fred's love at first sight? 3) How does Daisy's inaccessibility fuel Fred's feelings?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)