|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fred go to pick up his gown before speaking?
2. Who happens by during Fred's brawl and offers to lend a hand?
3. At what building does Daisy stop while walking with Kelly?
4. What leaving present do Daisy's co-workers give to her?
5. Who/what is found in a basket at Botanic Gardens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
2. When Daisy returns to the hospital after visiting the newspaper, what does she discover about patient 23? Who is patient 23?
3. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
4. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
5. Who comes to visit Fred in Cambridge? What does Fred reveal to the visitors?
6. How does Daisy respond to Kelly's remarks during her newspaper office visit?
7. Who is cited concerning Fred's accident? What are the charges?
8. Why does Daisy lose her job at the hospital? Where does she intend to seek her next job?
9. Fred asks Daisy why she lied in court about not knowing Kelly. What answer is Fred hoping to hear from Daisy? What answer does Daisy give?
10. In Part 3, Section 15, why does Mr. Wrayburn regret his having been hospitable to Fred and Daisy after their biking accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kelly is deceptive on several occasions in the story. Choose two such occasions and elaborate on what occurred.
Essay Topic 2
Fellows of St. Angelicus are not allowed to marry. What are possible reasons for this rule? Are the reasons still valid for continuing this practice? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Daisy is quite competent and confident in her Nurse Probationer's position at Blackfriars, and then one day, she mistakenly answers a question by Dr. Sage. 1) What question is posed by the doctor? 2) What is Daisy's answer? 3) What is the source of Daisy's answer? 4) Is Dr. Sage's name consistent with his response to Daisy? Why or why not?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)