|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Herbert Wrayburn to dine at Angels?
2. Who does Fred call from Porter's Lodge?
3. What motion does Skippey want discussed next week at the Disobligers' Society's meeting?
4. Who does Daisy meet at the end of the story?
5. According to Tom Kelly, who is he trying to protect from embarrassment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Fred asks Daisy why she lied in court about not knowing Kelly. What answer is Fred hoping to hear from Daisy? What answer does Daisy give?
2. Who is cited concerning Fred's accident? What are the charges?
3. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is dwelling on the aspects of Fred's biking accident? Why? Who is fearful of this undue interest?
4. In Part 3, Section 15, why does Mr. Wrayburn regret his having been hospitable to Fred and Daisy after their biking accident?
5. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
6. Why is Daisy back in Cambridge in Part 3, Section 14? Where is she staying and why?
7. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 16, Mr. Wrayburn is speaking to Daisy about her involvement with Fred. What does he want Daisy to do in regards to the relationship? Why?
8. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 14, Fred is still attempting to write a letter to Daisy. Why does he not want to throw away his previous attempts? How much contact has he actually had with Daisy at this point?
9. When Daisy returns to the hospital after visiting the newspaper, what does she discover about patient 23? Who is patient 23?
10. In Part 4, Section 21, after his lecture, where does Fred go looking for "Nurse Saunders"? What does Fred discover about Daisy's new job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe the Wrayburns and their initial contact with Daisy. 2) As the story progresses, how could the relationship between Daisy and the Wrayburns be defined? Use examples of interaction between Daisy and the Wrayburns for support.
Essay Topic 2
Daisy is quite competent and confident in her Nurse Probationer's position at Blackfriars, and then one day, she mistakenly answers a question by Dr. Sage. 1) What question is posed by the doctor? 2) What is Daisy's answer? 3) What is the source of Daisy's answer? 4) Is Dr. Sage's name consistent with his response to Daisy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In making plans to tell his father about his unbelief, Fred overlooks the father's "human" role in a son's life. 1) Compare/contrast the two roles (minister/father) that Mr. Fairly plays in Fred's life. 2) If a parishoner approached Mr. Fairly with the same unbelief, would his reaction be different? Why or why not?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)