|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the paper?
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 15, who regrets talking to Fred about Daisy?
3. What year is the setting for Dr.Matthews' story?
4. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is regarding Fred's bicycle accident as mysterious?
5. Who is Fred waiting on after court?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 4, Section 22, Daisy is leaving Cambridge. What happens as she nears Guestingley Road? Who offers Daisy a ride? Why does Daisy not reach London?
2. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
3. Why is Daisy back in Cambridge in Part 3, Section 14? Where is she staying and why?
4. Who has written Fred another note about Daisy Saunders? What does the note say about Daisy?
5. Where does Fred go after leaving the courtroom? Why?
6. Who helps Fred after his brawl with Kelly? Where do they take Kelly?
7. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
8. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 16, Mr. Wrayburn is speaking to Daisy about her involvement with Fred. What does he want Daisy to do in regards to the relationship? Why?
9. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
10. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 14, Fred is still attempting to write a letter to Daisy. Why does he not want to throw away his previous attempts? How much contact has he actually had with Daisy at this point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The logical side of St. Angelicus is made apparent by its professors and Fellows. 1) Discuss the aesthetic qualities that are part of the college. 2) Explore a specific character's role/contribution for each venue.
Essay Topic 2
Daisy's early life is one of poverty and love. 1) Discuss Daisy's early lifestyle with her mother in London. 2) What values were instilled in Daisy by her mother's own work ethic? 3) How could the relationship between Daisy and her mother be described? Give details for support.
Essay Topic 3
Fred meets Daisy after a biking accident. 1) Describe the first meeting between Fred and Daisy. 2) What is a plausible explanation for Fred's love at first sight? 3) How does Daisy's inaccessibility fuel Fred's feelings?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)