|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fred Fairly wish to marry?
2. Who/what is found in a basket at Botanic Gardens?
3. Which experiments are being conducted by Skippey that need more funding?
4. Where is Fred's family when he tells them that he loves Daisy?
5. What does Mrs. Wrayburn accept from Daisy as a parting gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is dwelling on the aspects of Fred's biking accident? Why? Who is fearful of this undue interest?
2. In Part 3, Section 15, why does Mr. Wrayburn regret his having been hospitable to Fred and Daisy after their biking accident?
3. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
4. Who has written Fred another note about Daisy Saunders? What does the note say about Daisy?
5. How does Daisy respond to Kelly's remarks during her newspaper office visit?
6. In Part 4, Section 21, after his lecture, where does Fred go looking for "Nurse Saunders"? What does Fred discover about Daisy's new job?
7. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
8. In Part 4, Section 22, Daisy is leaving Cambridge. What happens as she nears Guestingley Road? Who offers Daisy a ride? Why does Daisy not reach London?
9. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
10. While waiting in the courtroom, what does Fred notice about Daisy's appearance? When does her appearance become even more noticeable to Fred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Matthews is both a fan and critic of the Fellows . 1) Discuss these two sides of his relationship with the Fellows. 2) How do the Fellows view Dr. Matthews? Give details for support.
Essay Topic 2
1) Discuss at least four instances in the book where the motif "seeing is believing" can be found. 2) Does the adage benefit or hinder the characters in each event?
Essay Topic 3
Fred seems to be very much in awe of the work of a particular scientist named Rutherford. Taking all of Fred's comments and actions into account, is his reverence for Rutherford genuine or a contrived? Give several details for support.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)