|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who looks at a sink loaded with dishes from her husband's daily meals?
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 15, who regrets talking to Fred about Daisy?
3. Who/what is found in a basket at Botanic Gardens?
4. Who compares Daisy to the father in an opera?
5. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is regarding Fred's bicycle accident as mysterious?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Daisy returns to the hospital after visiting the newspaper, what does she discover about patient 23? Who is patient 23?
2. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
3. Fred asks Daisy why she lied in court about not knowing Kelly. What answer is Fred hoping to hear from Daisy? What answer does Daisy give?
4. Who comes to visit Fred in Cambridge? What does Fred reveal to the visitors?
5. Why does Daisy lose her job at the hospital? Where does she intend to seek her next job?
6. Who helps Fred after his brawl with Kelly? Where do they take Kelly?
7. Who has written Fred another note about Daisy Saunders? What does the note say about Daisy?
8. In Part 4, Section 21, after his lecture, where does Fred go looking for "Nurse Saunders"? What does Fred discover about Daisy's new job?
9. Where does Fred go after leaving the courtroom? Why?
10. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who does Fred call after arriving back at St. Angelicus following the day in court ? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Discuss at least four instances in the book where the motif "seeing is believing" can be found. 2) Does the adage benefit or hinder the characters in each event?
Essay Topic 2
Fred visits his father because he wants to share that he is now an unbeliever. He corrects his title to a "conditional unbeliever." 1) According to Fred, what is the difference between an "unbeliever" and a "conditional unbeliever"? 2) Which title is more appropriate for Fred? Why? Give at least three examples of Fred's reactions to story events that support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Daisy's early life is one of poverty and love. 1) Discuss Daisy's early lifestyle with her mother in London. 2) What values were instilled in Daisy by her mother's own work ethic? 3) How could the relationship between Daisy and her mother be described? Give details for support.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)