|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what building does Daisy stop while walking with Kelly?
2. Who/what is found in a basket at Botanic Gardens?
3. What is Daisy's reaction to Fred's brawl with Kelly?
4. Where do Daisy and Fred go on their first "date"?
5. Who does Fred Fairly wish to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
2. In Part 4, Section 21, after his lecture, where does Fred go looking for "Nurse Saunders"? What does Fred discover about Daisy's new job?
3. While waiting in the courtroom, what does Fred notice about Daisy's appearance? When does her appearance become even more noticeable to Fred?
4. Who has written Fred another note about Daisy Saunders? What does the note say about Daisy?
5. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 16, Mr. Wrayburn is speaking to Daisy about her involvement with Fred. What does he want Daisy to do in regards to the relationship? Why?
6. Why does Daisy lose her job at the hospital? Where does she intend to seek her next job?
7. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who does Fred call after arriving back at St. Angelicus following the day in court ? Why?
8. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 14, Fred is still attempting to write a letter to Daisy. Why does he not want to throw away his previous attempts? How much contact has he actually had with Daisy at this point?
9. Where does Fred go after leaving the courtroom? Why?
10. Who comes to visit Fred in Cambridge? What does Fred reveal to the visitors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fred attends the Disobliger's Society to speak in favor of the soul's existence. This motion, of course, is against his present unbelief. 1) What is Fred's childhood connection to religion? 2) Why would this connection make it easier for him to defend this motion? 3) What scientific reasons does Fred give for rebuking his childhood's beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Fred meets Daisy after a biking accident. 1) Describe the first meeting between Fred and Daisy. 2) What is a plausible explanation for Fred's love at first sight? 3) How does Daisy's inaccessibility fuel Fred's feelings?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Matthews is both a fan and critic of the Fellows . 1) Discuss these two sides of his relationship with the Fellows. 2) How do the Fellows view Dr. Matthews? Give details for support.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)