|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom accuse of being the cart driver?
2. Who is charged before the witnesses are allowed into the courtroom?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Section 12, who is seated in the library's reading room when Daisy enters?
4. What impresses Daisy about the meadow?
5. What year is the setting for Dr.Matthews' story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The allowance left by Daisy's aunt stops after her mother's death. Daisy decides to apply for work at Blackfriars Hospital. 1) Describe Daisy's visit to the hospital's employment office. 2) What happens that might discourage another applicant from waiting on an interview with the matron? 3) In spite of the less than encouraging atmosphere during the hiring process, why is Daisy not deterred from her goal of working at the hospital?
Essay Topic 2
1) Discuss at least four instances in the book where the motif "seeing is believing" can be found. 2) Does the adage benefit or hinder the characters in each event?
Essay Topic 3
Fred seems to be very much in awe of the work of a particular scientist named Rutherford. Taking all of Fred's comments and actions into account, is his reverence for Rutherford genuine or a contrived? Give several details for support.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)