|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Herbert Wrayburn to dine at Angels?
(a) Fred Fairly.
(b) The Master.
(c) Thomas Kelly.
(d) Professor Flowerdew.
2. What does Fred know to be true about Daisy at the end of Part 4, Section 21?
(a) She is leaving her current employment.
(b) She is anxious to see him again.
(c) She loves Kelly.
(d) She is very ill.
3. Who does Tom accuse of being the cart driver?
(a) Mr. Turner.
(b) Mr. Turner's son.
(c) Dr. Matthews.
(d) Mr. Wrayburn.
4. Who is Hans Geiger?
(a) The personal assistant of Ernest Rutherford.
(b) A new Junior Fellow.
(c) Fred's new acquaintance.
(d) Dr. Matthew's new assistant.
5. In Part 2, Section 12, who does Kelly call a liar?
(a) James Elder.
(b) Mr. Sweedon.
(d) Dr. Sage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daisy meet at the end of the story?
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 15, who regrets talking to Fred about Daisy?
3. What does the sacristan take from a cupboard inside the door of the pillars?
4. What leaving present do Daisy's co-workers give to her?
5. What name does Daisy give one of the flowers in the meadow?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 4, Section 22, Daisy is leaving Cambridge. What happens as she nears Guestingley Road? Who offers Daisy a ride? Why does Daisy not reach London?
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 14, Fred is still attempting to write a letter to Daisy. Why does he not want to throw away his previous attempts? How much contact has he actually had with Daisy at this point?
3. Where does Fred go after leaving the courtroom? Why?
4. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
5. While waiting in the courtroom, what does Fred notice about Daisy's appearance? When does her appearance become even more noticeable to Fred?
6. In Part 4, Section 21, after his lecture, where does Fred go looking for "Nurse Saunders"? What does Fred discover about Daisy's new job?
7. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
8. In Part 3, Section 15, why does Mr. Wrayburn regret his having been hospitable to Fred and Daisy after their biking accident?
9. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
10. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)