|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses Daisy about the meadow?
(a) The perfectuly cut grass.
(b) The smell of cut hay.
(c) The fresh air and wildflowers.
(d) The quantity of birds and flowers.
2. Who visits Fred during the week of the Disobligers' Society debates?
(a) Mr. Wrayburn.
(b) Dr. Sage.
3. Who is interviewing Daisy for a "vacancy" while riding in the country?
(a) Fred's mother.
(b) Mrs. Wrayburn.
(c) Professor Flowerdew.
4. According to Fred in Part 4, Section 21, who is a horrible person?
(a) Dr. Sage.
(d) Dr. Matthews.
5. What does Fred know to be true about Daisy at the end of Part 4, Section 21?
(a) She is leaving her current employment.
(b) She loves Kelly.
(c) She is very ill.
(d) She is anxious to see him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Fred ask Daisy concerning Kelly?
2. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is regarding Fred's bicycle accident as mysterious?
3. What name does Daisy give one of the flowers in the meadow?
4. According to Tom Kelly, who is he trying to protect from embarrassment?
5. What is Daisy's position at the asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is dwelling on the aspects of Fred's biking accident? Why? Who is fearful of this undue interest?
2. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who does Fred call after arriving back at St. Angelicus following the day in court ? Why?
3. In Part 4, Section 22, Daisy is leaving Cambridge. What happens as she nears Guestingley Road? Who offers Daisy a ride? Why does Daisy not reach London?
4. Why is Daisy back in Cambridge in Part 3, Section 14? Where is she staying and why?
5. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
6. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 14, Fred is still attempting to write a letter to Daisy. Why does he not want to throw away his previous attempts? How much contact has he actually had with Daisy at this point?
7. When Daisy returns to the hospital after visiting the newspaper, what does she discover about patient 23? Who is patient 23?
8. How does Daisy respond to Kelly's remarks during her newspaper office visit?
9. Who is cited concerning Fred's accident? What are the charges?
10. Who comes to visit Fred in Cambridge? What does Fred reveal to the visitors?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)