|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is regarding Fred's bicycle accident as mysterious?
(a) Mr. Wrayburn.
(b) Dr. Matthews.
(c) Dr. Sage.
(d) Fred's father.
2. What is analogous to Dr. Matthews' ghost story?
(a) Mrs. Hinton's experience.
(b) St. Angelicus's closed gate.
(c) Fred's accident.
(d) Daisy's disappearance.
3. Who has keys to the house that is for sale just outside the village?
(a) The constable.
(b) The gardener.
(c) Mr. Wrayburn.
(d) The ironmonger.
4. What question does Fred ask Daisy concerning Kelly?
(a) Does she love Kelly?
(b) Does she know where Kelly is living?
(c) Is she seeing Kelly this evening?
(d) Will she deliver a note to Kelly?
5. According to Part 4, Section 20, what is considered to have been Fred's first teaching job in life?
(a) His teaching assistant's job in undergraduate school.
(b) His peer tutoring in high school.
(c) His helping out at Sunday School.
(d) His current Fellowship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred notice about Daisy after twenty minutes with her in the witnesses' waiting room?
2. Who does Daisy meet at the end of the story?
3. How many undergraduate students are at the Cavendish when Fred arrives?
4. What name does Daisy give one of the flowers in the meadow?
5. What is Daisy's position at the asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who does Fred call after arriving back at St. Angelicus following the day in court ? Why?
2. Why does Daisy lose her job at the hospital? Where does she intend to seek her next job?
3. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
4. Who has written Fred another note about Daisy Saunders? What does the note say about Daisy?
5. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
6. Who helps Fred after his brawl with Kelly? Where do they take Kelly?
7. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
8. Why is Daisy back in Cambridge in Part 3, Section 14? Where is she staying and why?
9. In Part 4, Section 21, after his lecture, where does Fred go looking for "Nurse Saunders"? What does Fred discover about Daisy's new job?
10. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 14, Fred is still attempting to write a letter to Daisy. Why does he not want to throw away his previous attempts? How much contact has he actually had with Daisy at this point?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)