|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which experiments are being conducted by Skippey that need more funding?
(a) The Fitzgerald-Morley experiments.
(b) The Michelson-Morley experiments.
(c) The Michelson Interferometer expermiment.
(d) The Interferometer Effect experiment.
2. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 22, who does Fred call upon?
(a) Professor Flowerdew.
(c) The Provost.
3. Where is Fred's family when he tells them that he loves Daisy?
(a) At the Anglican Hostel.
(b) At St. Angelicus.
(c) On their way to Cambridge.
(d) At the Wrayburns' home.
4. According to Mr. Turner, where is the cart driver?
(a) He is in jail for another charge.
(b) He is in London.
(c) He is buried under Guestingley Road.
(d) He is sitting in the courtroom.
5. Who invites Herbert Wrayburn to dine at Angels?
(a) The Master.
(b) Professor Flowerdew.
(c) Thomas Kelly.
(d) Fred Fairly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wrayburn accept from Daisy as a parting gift?
2. Who does Skippey want to see at Botanic Gardens?
3. Why is Daisy going to Cambridge?
4. Who at Blackfriars Hospital discovers that Daisy has given information about a patient to the newspaper?
5. Who is interviewing Daisy for a "vacancy" while riding in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 16, Mr. Wrayburn is speaking to Daisy about her involvement with Fred. What does he want Daisy to do in regards to the relationship? Why?
2. Who has written Fred another note about Daisy Saunders? What does the note say about Daisy?
3. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
4. In Part 4, Section 21, after his lecture, where does Fred go looking for "Nurse Saunders"? What does Fred discover about Daisy's new job?
5. What door does Daisy reach that is standing open? What does she hear as she tries to walk away from the door? Who does she encounter as a result of a delay?
6. While waiting in the courtroom, what does Fred notice about Daisy's appearance? When does her appearance become even more noticeable to Fred?
7. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 17, who is dwelling on the aspects of Fred's biking accident? Why? Who is fearful of this undue interest?
8. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who does Fred call after arriving back at St. Angelicus following the day in court ? Why?
9. Why is Daisy back in Cambridge in Part 3, Section 14? Where is she staying and why?
10. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 14, Fred is still attempting to write a letter to Daisy. Why does he not want to throw away his previous attempts? How much contact has he actually had with Daisy at this point?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)