|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daisy's position at the asylum?
(a) Patient liason.
(b) Ward maid.
2. Where does Daisy reside when she reaches Cambridge?
(a) The Rectory.
(b) St. Angelicus Hall.
(c) Dr. Sage's guest house.
(d) The Wrayburns' attic.
3. According to Fred in Part 4, Section 21, who is a horrible person?
(b) Dr. Matthews.
(d) Dr. Sage.
4. Who is Fred waiting on after court?
(a) Tom Kelly.
(b) Mrs. Wrayburn.
(d) The Magistrate.
5. What impresses Daisy about the meadow?
(a) The quantity of birds and flowers.
(b) The fresh air and wildflowers.
(c) The perfectuly cut grass.
(d) The smell of cut hay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of Dr. Matthews' story's expedition?
2. What name does Daisy give one of the flowers in the meadow?
3. Who is interviewing Daisy for a "vacancy" while riding in the country?
4. According to Tom Kelly, who is he trying to protect from embarrassment?
5. What does the sacristan take from a cupboard inside the door of the pillars?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who does Fred call after arriving back at St. Angelicus following the day in court ? Why?
2. In Part 4, Section 21, after his lecture, where does Fred go looking for "Nurse Saunders"? What does Fred discover about Daisy's new job?
3. Who suddenly appears in the courtroom? What knowledge does he share about the accident?
4. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 16, Mr. Wrayburn is speaking to Daisy about her involvement with Fred. What does he want Daisy to do in regards to the relationship? Why?
5. Fred asks Daisy why she lied in court about not knowing Kelly. What answer is Fred hoping to hear from Daisy? What answer does Daisy give?
6. While taking a country walk, where do Fred and Daisy stop? What do they find inside on the floor? What comment does Fred make after their discovery?
7. Who helps Fred after his brawl with Kelly? Where do they take Kelly?
8. Who is cited concerning Fred's accident? What are the charges?
9. In Part 2, Section 12, why is Daisy visiting the newspaper office? What happens during the visit?
10. Why does Daisy lose her job at the hospital? Where does she intend to seek her next job?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)