|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces at the debate that Fred will be speaking, opposing a motion?
(a) Dr. Matthews.
(b) The Provost of St. James.
2. What is the smallest college in Cambridge?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) St. Andrews.
(c) Surrey University.
(d) St. Angelicus.
3. What ingredients do many of Dr. Sage's prescriptions contain?
(a) Ginger and opium.
(b) Rhubarb, ginger, and strychnine.
(c) Rhubarb, ginger, and honey.
(d) Brandy and honey.
4. What is the only thing in working order at the Rectory.
(a) The front door.
(b) The new back gate.
(c) The front gate.
(d) The doorbell.
5. What is the name of the debate group in Part 1, Section 6?
(a) Obligers' Society.
(b) Junior Fellows of Cambridge.
(c) St. Angelicus Fellows.
(d) Disobligers' Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smells filled Daisy's childhood?
2. In Part 1, Section 7, who does Fred think would not be able to tell him about Daisy's "marriageable class"?
3. What is the name of Fred's college?
4. According to college records, how many times has the gate at the southwest entrance been found standing open?
5. What is the only item that Daisy keeps from her mother's belongings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Professor Flowerdew's religious beliefs?
2. How does Fred's father react to Fred's news that he is now a non-believer? What does the father ask of Fred?
3. During the debate, who enters the room to speak to Fred? What does he tell Fred?
4. During the debate, who asks that the motion concerning the soul be repeated? What statement does this person make about the debate's topic?
5. In Part 1, Section 4, how does Fred feel towards the Master of the college? Give details for support.
6. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 3, what does Fred know about Professor Flowerdew? What does Flowerdew know about Fred?
7. What does Fred remember about his recuperation from the accident?
8. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 1, what is happening on the way into Cambridge?
9. Which jobs did Fred inherit with his Junior Fellowship?
10. How does the beginning scene contrast to the actual city of Cambridge?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)