|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Sage, who should have the right to vote?
(c) No anyone.
2. From what century are the instruments that Fred tries to tune?
(a) The fifteenth.
(b) The thirteenth.
(c) The ninth.
(d) The sixteenth.
3. Who makes quince preserves?
(a) The Benedictine nuns.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Provost.
(d) Fred Fairly.
4. By what name does James Elder call to Daisy?
(a) Night Sister.
(d) Miss Saunders.
5. What does Daisy wear on her wedding finger?
(a) A garnet.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) A pearl ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Daisy the ring on her wedding finger?
2. What ingredients do many of Dr. Sage's prescriptions contain?
3. How many hours per day does Daisy work?
4. Who is the the Senior Registrar at the hospital?
5. What is in the jar where Daisy places the thermometer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Daisy make concerning Dr. Sage?
2. What is Skippey asking Fred to debate on at the next Disobligers' Society's meeting? Why does he ask Fred to take this side at the debate? What are the religious beliefs of Fred's debate opponent?
3. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 3, what does Fred know about Professor Flowerdew? What does Flowerdew know about Fred?
4. What incident does Fred recall concerning Daisy and a recent biking trip? Give details about the incident.
5. According to the beginning of Part 2, Section 8, where does Daisy live? Give at least three details describing the city.
6. Why is the use of the word "fortunate" in reference to Flowerdew's appointment a shock to Fred?
7. In Part 2, Section 9, where does Daisy seek employment? Describe the job applicants' waiting room.
8. Explain how accepting Christianity on faith is contrary to Fred's education.
9. What happens during Daisy's childhood that changes the plight of her and her mother?
10. What happens to Daisy's mother after visiting the opening of Selfridge Department Store? How is Daisy affected by this mentally? What changes occur in Daisy's lifestyle after the event?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)