|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does the Provost use to describe Holcombe?
2. Who leaves from the debate with Fred?
(a) Miss Saunders.
(b) Dr. Matthews.
3. How does Mrs. Saunders die?
(a) From an accident?
(b) Unknown causes.
(c) From a heart attack.
(d) From pneumonia.
4. Who makes quince preserves?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Fred Fairly.
(c) The Benedictine nuns.
(d) The Provost.
5. Why does Professor Flowerdew need an assistant?
(a) To help develop an atomic model.
(b) To help him with experiments.
(c) To help establish a laboratory.
(d) To instruct his students in physics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many applicants are accepted at Blackfriars Hospital every year?
2. What does Daisy give to Mrs. Martinez?
3. Whom does Fred decide to tell about his lack of religious convictions?
4. Who is the the Senior Registrar at the hospital?
5. Who is remembered for being dethroned two years after his election in 1394?
Short Essay Questions
1. What name does the suicidal patient call Daisy? What does he ask Daisy to get for him?
2. According to Fred In Part 1, Section 7, why is he writing Daisy? Why is the letter out of line with Fred's usual reasoning?
3. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 1, what is happening on the way into Cambridge?
4. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 3, what does Fred know about Professor Flowerdew? What does Flowerdew know about Fred?
5. In Part 2, Section 11, who tries to commit suicide by jumping into the Thames? What is the outcome of the attempt?
6. In Part 1, Section 4, Dr. Matthews is introduced. Describe Dr. Matthews, the Provost of James's.
7. Describe the inconveniences experienced by students due to the size of St. Angelicus.
8. What incident does Fred recall concerning Daisy and a recent biking trip? Give details about the incident.
9. According to Skippey, why is Fred's opponent's performance at the debate not very noteworthy?
10. During the debate, who enters the room to speak to Fred? What does he tell Fred?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)