|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fred's earliest nickname in Blowhalt?
(a) Master Freddie.
(b) Mr. Fred.
(c) Friendly Freddie.
(d) Freddie boy.
2. Who are the Fellows of Angels?
(a) Professors and philosophers.
(b) Philosophers and scientists.
(c) Writers and artists.
(d) Mathematicians and scientists.
3. In Part 1, Section 5, how long has Fred been a Junior Fellow?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
4. Why do patients trust Dr. Sage?
(a) He uses modern medicine to help each patient.
(b) He uses complex medical terms when he speaks.
(c) He prescribes individual draughts for each patient.
(d) He looks trustworthy with his stethoscope.
5. What does Mrs. Wrayburn place on Fred's nightstand?
(a) His wallet and toothbrush.
(b) Grapes and scissors.
(c) A photo and calling card.
(d) Pen and paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has offered Fred a post at Cambridge?
2. How much does Daisy earn per week?
3. At the end of Part 1, Section 1, to whom is Fred penning a note?
4. Who is Fred displeased to see at the debate?
5. What mistake does Daisy make in answering Dr. Sage's question?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Fred, what is meant by "conditional unbelief"?
2. In Part 2, Section 9, where does Daisy seek employment? Describe the job applicants' waiting room.
3. What are the two great distinctions of St. Angelicus?
4. What incident does Fred recall concerning Daisy and a recent biking trip? Give details about the incident.
5. What are Professor Flowerdew's religious beliefs?
6. Explain how accepting Christianity on faith is contrary to Fred's education.
7. What happens to Daisy's mother after visiting the opening of Selfridge Department Store? How is Daisy affected by this mentally? What changes occur in Daisy's lifestyle after the event?
8. What mistake does Daisy make concerning Dr. Sage?
9. In Part 1, Section 4, Dr. Matthews is introduced. Describe Dr. Matthews, the Provost of James's.
10. During the debate, who enters the room to speak to Fred? What does he tell Fred?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)