|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fred anticipate that he will awaken a sleeping Professor Flowerdew?
(a) By sending his assistant.
(b) By calling.
(c) On the piano.
(d) With the Hall's harp.
2. Who has keys to the house that is for sale just outside the village?
(a) The ironmonger.
(b) The constable.
(c) The gardener.
(d) Mr. Wrayburn.
3. According to Mr. Turner, where is the cart driver?
(a) He is sitting in the courtroom.
(b) He is buried under Guestingley Road.
(c) He is in jail for another charge.
(d) He is in London.
4. Which experiments are being conducted by Skippey that need more funding?
(a) The Interferometer Effect experiment.
(b) The Michelson-Morley experiments.
(c) The Fitzgerald-Morley experiments.
(d) The Michelson Interferometer expermiment.
5. What motion does Skippey want discussed next week at the Disobligers' Society's meeting?
(a) The rain forests are toxic.
(b) The Greenhouse Effect is a hoax.
(c) We need to save the forests.
(d) We are better off without trees.
6. Who does Daisy encounter when she goes to the kitchen to return her apron?
(a) Mrs. Martinez.
(b) The Matron.
(c) Thomas Kelly.
7. What year is the setting for Dr.Matthews' story?
8. According to Fred in Part 4, Section 21, who is a horrible person?
(a) Dr. Sage.
(d) Dr. Matthews.
9. According to Tom Kelly, who is he trying to protect from embarrassment?
(a) Daisy Saunders.
(b) Fred Fairly.
(c) Mrs. Hinton.
(d) Mrs. Wrayburn.
10. Where does Fred go to pick up his gown before speaking?
(a) King's Hall.
(b) The Rectory.
(c) The Chancery.
(d) St. Angelicus.
11. What leaving present do Daisy's co-workers give to her?
(a) A cameo.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A traveling salt and pepper set.
(d) A scarf.
12. What impresses Daisy about the meadow?
(a) The quantity of birds and flowers.
(b) The fresh air and wildflowers.
(c) The smell of cut hay.
(d) The perfectuly cut grass.
13. Who invites Herbert Wrayburn to dine at Angels?
(a) The Master.
(b) Thomas Kelly.
(c) Professor Flowerdew.
(d) Fred Fairly.
14. According to Fred, who is a writer of fiction, not to be trusted?
(a) Dr. Matthews.
(b) The Provost.
(d) Professor Flowerdew.
15. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who is Fred preparing to address?
(a) The Junior Fellowship.
(b) The Disobligers' Society.
(c) His second term practical physics students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks to Daisy about the importance of Fred's marital status to his Junior Fellowship?
2. Who tells Mr. Fairly at dinner that he holds out no great hopes for "the future of the material universe"?
3. Who at Blackfriars Hospital discovers that Daisy has given information about a patient to the newspaper?
4. Where does Daisy reside when she reaches Cambridge?
5. According to Part 4, Section 20, what is considered to have been Fred's first teaching job in life?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)