|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Skippey want to see at Botanic Gardens?
2. Who visits Fred during the week of the Disobligers' Society debates?
(c) Dr. Sage.
(d) Mr. Wrayburn.
3. What is Daisy's reaction to Fred's brawl with Kelly?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is grateful.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is overjoyed.
4. Who tells Mr. Fairly at dinner that he holds out no great hopes for "the future of the material universe"?
(a) Professor Flowerdew.
(b) Fred Fairly.
(c) Dr. Wilson.
(d) Thomas Kelly.
5. Who speaks to Daisy about the importance of Fred's marital status to his Junior Fellowship?
(a) Mrs. Wrayburn.
(b) The Master.
(c) Mr. Wrayburn.
(d) Father Haggett.
6. Who/what is found in a basket at Botanic Gardens?
(a) Daisy's photo.
(b) A child.
(c) A man.
(d) An orchid.
7. Who does Daisy meet at the end of the story?
(a) Tom Kelly.
(b) Fred Fairly.
(c) Mrs. Martinez.
(d) Dr. Sage.
8. Who does Tom accuse of being the cart driver?
(a) Mr. Wrayburn.
(b) Dr. Matthews.
(c) Mr. Turner's son.
(d) Mr. Turner.
9. Which experiments are being conducted by Skippey that need more funding?
(a) The Michelson-Morley experiments.
(b) The Interferometer Effect experiment.
(c) The Fitzgerald-Morley experiments.
(d) The Michelson Interferometer expermiment.
10. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 18, who is waiting in the witnesses' room for the court to begin?
(a) Fred, Daisy, and the Master.
(b) Fred, Daisy, and Mrs. Wrayburn.
(c) Fred, Daisy, and Mr. Wrayburn.
(d) Fred, Daisy, and Dr. Matthews.
11. Why is Daisy going to Cambridge?
(a) To see Dr. Sage.
(b) To find a relative.
(c) To apply for a job at the college.
(d) To see Fred Fairly.
12. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who is Fred preparing to address?
(b) His second term practical physics students.
(c) The Junior Fellowship.
(d) The Disobligers' Society.
13. According to Fred in Part 4, Section 21, who is a horrible person?
(a) Dr. Sage.
(d) Dr. Matthews.
14. Who is Fred waiting on after court?
(a) The Magistrate.
(c) Tom Kelly.
(d) Mrs. Wrayburn.
15. How many years ago did the events occur in Dr. Matthews' ghost story?
(a) Fifty years ago.
(b) Forty-two years ago.
(c) Thirty-five years ago.
(d) Twenty-five years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fred call from Porter's Lodge?
2. What question does Fred ask Daisy at the end of Part 3, Section 15?
3. According to Mr. Turner, where is the cart driver?
4. What impresses Daisy about the meadow?
5. At the beginning of Part 3, Section 15, who regrets talking to Fred about Daisy?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)