|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Turner, where is the cart driver?
(a) He is sitting in the courtroom.
(b) He is in jail for another charge.
(c) He is buried under Guestingley Road.
(d) He is in London.
2. What does Daisy do during her spare time in Cambridge?
(a) Volunteers at the Rectory.
(b) Sketches flowers in her journal.
(c) Keeps records for Professor Flowerdew.
(d) Works in the Wrayburns' house.
3. How many undergraduate students are at the Cavendish when Fred arrives?
4. According to Tom Kelly, who is he trying to protect from embarrassment?
(a) Mrs. Wrayburn.
(b) Mrs. Hinton.
(c) Fred Fairly.
(d) Daisy Saunders.
5. Which experiments are being conducted by Skippey that need more funding?
(a) The Michelson-Morley experiments.
(b) The Fitzgerald-Morley experiments.
(c) The Michelson Interferometer expermiment.
(d) The Interferometer Effect experiment.
6. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 20, who is Fred preparing to address?
(a) His second term practical physics students.
(c) The Disobligers' Society.
(d) The Junior Fellowship.
7. Who compares Daisy to the father in an opera?
(b) The preacher.
(c) Mrs. Fairly.
8. Where is Fred's family when he tells them that he loves Daisy?
(a) At the Anglican Hostel.
(b) At the Wrayburns' home.
(c) On their way to Cambridge.
(d) At St. Angelicus.
9. Who has keys to the house that is for sale just outside the village?
(a) The constable.
(b) The gardener.
(c) Mr. Wrayburn.
(d) The ironmonger.
10. What is Daisy's reaction to Fred's brawl with Kelly?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She is grateful.
(d) She is overjoyed.
11. Who tells Mr. Fairly at dinner that he holds out no great hopes for "the future of the material universe"?
(a) Thomas Kelly.
(b) Professor Flowerdew.
(c) Fred Fairly.
(d) Dr. Wilson.
12. Who looks at a sink loaded with dishes from her husband's daily meals?
(a) Mrs. Martinez.
(b) Mrs. Sage.
(c) Mrs. Wrayburn.
(d) Mrs. Fairly.
13. Where does Fred go to pick up his gown before speaking?
(a) The Rectory.
(b) King's Hall.
(c) The Chancery.
(d) St. Angelicus.
14. What leaving present do Daisy's co-workers give to her?
(a) A cameo.
(b) A traveling salt and pepper set.
(c) A trunk.
(d) A scarf.
15. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 21, where does Fred go?
(a) The Cavendish.
(b) The Wrayburns' house.
(c) Dr. Sage's Hospital.
(d) The Rectory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Fred during the week of the Disobligers' Society debates?
2. What does Fred notice about Daisy after twenty minutes with her in the witnesses' waiting room?
3. Who does Daisy meet at the end of the story?
4. What does the sacristan take from a cupboard inside the door of the pillars?
5. At what building does Daisy stop while walking with Kelly?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)