|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wrayburn accept from Daisy as a parting gift?
(a) A sapphire pin.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) A gold writing pen.
2. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 19, where does Fred go after the court adjourns?
(a) To Dr. Sage's hospital.
(b) To St. Angelicus.
(c) To the Rectory.
(d) To a small cafe.
3. What year is the setting for Dr.Matthews' story?
4. Who is in charge of Dr. Matthews' story's expedition?
(a) Edward Hinton.
(b) Edward Nisbet.
(c) Bishop of Ely.
(d) Dr. Matthews.
5. What question does Fred ask Daisy at the end of Part 3, Section 15?
(a) May I see you again?
(b) Why are you returning to London?
(c) Why did you leave Blackfriars?
(d) Will you marry me?
6. At what building does Daisy stop while walking with Kelly?
(a) Blackfriars Hospital.
(b) A church.
(c) The library.
(d) A restaurant.
7. Where does Daisy reside when she reaches Cambridge?
(a) The Wrayburns' attic.
(b) The Rectory.
(c) Dr. Sage's guest house.
(d) St. Angelicus Hall.
8. What does Fred know to be true about Daisy at the end of Part 4, Section 21?
(a) She is leaving her current employment.
(b) She is anxious to see him again.
(c) She loves Kelly.
(d) She is very ill.
9. Who is Thomas Kelly?
(a) The newspaper boy.
(b) A Blackfriars' patient.
(c) The newspaper editor.
(d) A colleague of Dr. Sage.
10. Who is charged before the witnesses are allowed into the courtroom?
(a) John Gauss.
(b) Tom Kelly.
(c) Richard Catcher.
(d) George Turner.
11. Who at Blackfriars Hospital discovers that Daisy has given information about a patient to the newspaper?
(a) Dr. Sage.
(b) The Matron.
(c) Dr. Kelly.
(d) Floreen Harris.
12. At the beginning of Part 2, Section 12, who is seated in the library's reading room when Daisy enters?
(a) An old man.
(c) Fred Fairly.
(d) The Matron.
13. What news does the visitor bring to Fred?
(a) Daisy has returned to the Wrayburn house.
(b) Daisy has been in an accident.
(c) Daisy is looking for Fred.
(d) Daisy is seeking employment.
14. According to Part 4, Section 20, what is considered to have been Fred's first teaching job in life?
(a) His teaching assistant's job in undergraduate school.
(b) His helping out at Sunday School.
(c) His current Fellowship.
(d) His peer tutoring in high school.
15. Who does Daisy encounter when she goes to the kitchen to return her apron?
(a) Mrs. Martinez.
(b) Thomas Kelly.
(d) The Matron.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years ago did the events occur in Dr. Matthews' ghost story?
2. Who owns the paper?
3. Who does Skippey want to see at Botanic Gardens?
4. At the beginning of Part 4, Section 22, who does Fred call upon?
5. What is analogous to Dr. Matthews' ghost story?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)