Part 1, Section 1
• As a storm brews in the college town of Cambridge, Fred Fairly is biking to his college, St. Angelicus.
• Upon arriving at the college, Fred is told by Beazeley that he has three urgent messages.
• The note from Skippey asks Fred to take part in the evening's debate, which is sponsored by the Disobliger's Society.
• Fred begins a note to "Miss Saunders."
Part 1, Section 2
• The history of St. Angelicus is noteworthy. It was established by Pope Benedict, who was dethroned in 1396.
• St. Angelicus is the smallest college in Cambridge.
• Fred Fairly is a Junior Fellow at St. Angelicus.
• Fellows are not allowed to marry.
Part 1, Section 3
• Fred meets with Professor Flowerdew, who is responsible for Fred's Fellow position.
• Fred and the Professor discuss physics and its future over the next century.
• Professor Flowerdew mentions his need of an assistant to keep the fifteenth instruments tuned.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)