|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do hostilities break out at the festive event in Chapter 7?
2. What financial danger is presented to Simon Kenton Senior?
3. What year does Simon's brother die?
4. Who is Simon Kenton betrothed to in Chapter 7?
5. What causes Harrison to attack Tecumseh's forces first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the aging chief of the Shawnee tribe in Chapter 7, and how does he pass away?
2. What happens when Blue Jacket is captured in Chapter 7?
3. What happens to Simon Kenton's family in Chapter 10?
4. What does Kenton witness, that causes him to urge for increased military action against Tecumseh?
5. In Chapter 8, why do the French colonists arrive in Ohio?
6. What does Tecumseh plan to do in Chapter 10?
7. How does Simon take to protecting his fellow colonists in Chapter 7?
8. What actions do the British take in Chapter 10?
9. What military role is Blue Jacket given in Chapter 9?
10. Why is St. Claire forced to resign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Simon Kenton become known as Simon Butler? When does he change his name back?
Essay Topic 2
Studying the use of foreshadowing, dramatic tension and resolution, discuss whether the ending of the story is a fitting resolution to the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)