|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Tecumseh's closest brother?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Simon Kenton's son request to do?
3. Who kills Moluntha?
4. What businesses of Kenton's son goes bust?
5. In what year do the British give up their claims on their American Territories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What natural occurrence predicts the war between Tecumseh and the Americans?
2. What military role is Blue Jacket given in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Blue Jacket kill his own brother?
4. Who is Martha Dowden?
5. What is the significance of the death of Johnny Logan?
6. What does Kenton witness, that causes him to urge for increased military action against Tecumseh?
7. What event in Chapter 8 helps the States join together?
8. What happens to Chiksika?
9. Why do the Indians hate Greathouse?
10. In what way does Tecumseh's brother almost fumble Tecumseh's best-laid plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Greed in The Frontiersman by Allan W. Ekert. Which character(s) personify it? What does it motivate them to do?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tecumseh come to depend on his younger brother? What's the outcome of that alliance?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the differences between the living conditions of the early settlers and the life of someone such as yourself today.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)