|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What land are the Shawnees given in a peace treaty?
2. What year does Simon's brother die?
3. What do Simon and Martha call their daughter?
4. How many lost their lives in the battle on September 16th, 1791?
5. What is important about February 15th, 1787?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does America go to war in 1812?
2. In what way does Tecumseh's brother almost fumble Tecumseh's best-laid plans?
3. What event in Chapter 8 helps the States join together?
4. Why is literacy and education becoming important in Chapter 8?
5. What feelings does Blue Jacket have towards the Braves under his command?
6. What military role is Simon Kenton given in Chapter 9?
7. What natural occurrence predicts the war between Tecumseh and the Americans?
8. Why does Blue Jacket kill his own brother?
9. What actions do the British take in Chapter 10?
10. Why is Simon Kenton suddenly in financial trouble in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Simon Kenton as a child. Describe Tecumseh as a child. How are the two similar? Dissimilar?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think about Blue Jacket's conversion to the Shawnee tribe? Does Blue Jacket lose some of his own heritage in doing so? Assess Blue Jacket's character in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)