|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Kenton want the militia and the federal government to do?
2. What rule does Tecumseh impose upon his followers in Chapter 11?
3. What meeting happens in 1789 that clears the way for Ohio's Statehood?
4. What happens to Greathouse in Chapter 8?
5. What family member does Blue Jacket meet in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simon take to protecting his fellow colonists in Chapter 7?
2. Who is the aging chief of the Shawnee tribe in Chapter 7, and how does he pass away?
3. Why is St. Claire forced to resign?
4. What does Kenton witness, that causes him to urge for increased military action against Tecumseh?
5. What does Tecumseh plan to do in Chapter 10?
6. Who is Martha Dowden?
7. What actions do the British take in Chapter 10?
8. Why is literacy and education becoming important in Chapter 8?
9. What military role is Simon Kenton given in Chapter 9?
10. Why does Blue Jacket kill his own brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Simon's relationship with Martha, and then with Elizabeth. How were the two women similar?
Essay Topic 2
Studying the use of foreshadowing, dramatic tension and resolution, discuss whether the ending of the story is a fitting resolution to the plot.
Essay Topic 3
In your own words, would you suggest that The Frontiersman presents an accurate picture of American history? How could you agree or disagree?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)