|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tecumseh's new wife?
2. What does Stephen Ruddell teach Tecumseh?
3. When is Kentucky given statehood?
4. What family member does Blue Jacket meet in Chapter 9?
5. What does Tecumseh say in response to the Presidents request in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is literacy and education becoming important in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Blue Jacket kill his own brother?
3. What impact do the deaths of Simon Kenton's family have on his character?
4. What event in Chapter 8 helps the States join together?
5. What breaks up Tecumseh's relationship with Rebecca?
6. Who is Martha Dowden?
7. What natural occurrence predicts the war between Tecumseh and the Americans?
8. What happens to Chiksika?
9. What actions do the British take in Chapter 10?
10. What does Tecumseh plan to do in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of 'Coming of Age' in The Frontiersman. To whom does this theme apply? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the actions of the character Simon Girty in the book. Why does he appear to help two sides of the war at the same time? What quotes point towards his real motivations and inner character?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tecumseh come to depend on his younger brother? What's the outcome of that alliance?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)