|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the adopted Blue Jacket want to see happen?
2. Whom does Simon first meet on the road after running away?
3. What name did the protagonist’s mother want to call him originally?
4. What happens to Daniel Boone's expedition?
5. Whom does Simon fight before running away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
2. Who surveys the site for the first city in Kentucky?
3. Where is Simon Kenton attempting to travel to in Chapter 1?
4. What is 'the gauntlet', and why does Simon have to run it?
5. How is Simon adopted into the Shawnee tribe?
6. What is so devastating about the British military force?
7. How do the hostilities with the Indians start in Chapter 2?
8. What happens to Yaeger and George Strader at the beginning of Chapter 2?
9. How does Simon find out in Chapter 5 that he can use his real name once again?
10. Why has Simon got so much land in Chapter 6?
Essay Topic 1
How does Simon Kenton become known as Simon Butler? When does he change his name back?
Essay Topic 2
In your own words, would you suggest that The Frontiersman presents an accurate picture of American history? How could you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 3
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)