|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edgar's wife so loathe to see Kenton go?
2. After Boone escapes in Chapter 4, what activity does he and Simon take up?
3. What happens to Daniel Boone's daughter?
4. What Native American chief goes to Fort Randolph to talk to the Whites?
5. What offer does Simon refuse in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Moravian Indians in Chapter 6?
2. What role does Simon Kenton play in the battles with the Indians in Chapter 2?
3. How does Simon's father die?
4. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
5. Who surveys the site for the first city in Kentucky?
6. How is Simon rescued?
7. What does Simon Kenton become famous for?
8. How does Simon find out in Chapter 5 that he can use his real name once again?
9. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
10. What family is hiding Kenton in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your own words, would you suggest that The Frontiersman presents an accurate picture of American history? How could you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of foreshadowing in the book. How can we detect the spiralling violence, the escalation of threat in the players’ lives? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Studying the use of foreshadowing, dramatic tension and resolution, discuss whether the ending of the story is a fitting resolution to the plot.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)