|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Colonists start attacking the British forces in Chapter 3?
2. Who does John Yaeger say that he lived with for many years?
3. What challenge do the Indians force Simon to pass?
4. When does Simon Kenton meet again with Daniel Boone in Chapter 4?
5. What sort of friction is there between Colonel Lewis and General Dunmore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so devastating about the British military force?
2. Who is Ruth?
3. Why does Bill Grills quit the Frontier?
4. What is 'the gauntlet', and why does Simon have to run it?
5. What does Simon Kenton become famous for?
6. What happens to Yaeger and George Strader at the beginning of Chapter 2?
7. What crime does Simon Kenton think that he has committed in Chapter 1?
8. How is Simon adopted into the Shawnee tribe?
9. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
10. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
Essay Topic 1
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Greed in The Frontiersman by Allan W. Ekert. Which character(s) personify it? What does it motivate them to do?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the notion of historical veracity in fiction. How can it be said that Eckert's book is biased? Is it historically accurate?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)