|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon notice while up the tree?
2. Why does Bill Grills leave the frontier?
3. Why does the Shawnee tribe split?
4. Who of Boone's family dies in an ambush?
5. What are springs being used for in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
2. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
3. What is the Shawnee Nation divided over in Chapter 5?
4. What family is hiding Kenton in Chapter 5?
5. Who is Ruth?
6. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
7. In what ways do chiefs Cornstalk and Logan both change their minds?
8. How does Simon find out in Chapter 5 that he can use his real name once again?
9. Where and when was Simon Kenton born?
10. What is the impressive action Kenton takes that awards him the job with Bill Grills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the notion of historical veracity in fiction. How can it be said that Eckert's book is biased? Is it historically accurate?
Essay Topic 3
Studying the use of foreshadowing, dramatic tension and resolution, discuss whether the ending of the story is a fitting resolution to the plot.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)