Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to John Wood in Chapter 2?
2. What is distinct about the Moravian Indians?
3. What does Colonel Bowman decide to do in Chapter 5?
4. What year was the protagonist born?
5. What does Simon notice while up the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
2. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
3. What happens to the Moravian Indians in Chapter 6?
4. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
5. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
6. Why has Simon got so much land in Chapter 6?
7. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
8. Why does Simon Kenton start stealing horses?
9. What is the impressive action Kenton takes that awards him the job with Bill Grills?
10. In what ways do chiefs Cornstalk and Logan both change their minds?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the differences between the living conditions of the early settlers and the life of someone such as yourself today.
Essay Topic 2
Studying the use of foreshadowing, dramatic tension and resolution, discuss whether the ending of the story is a fitting resolution to the plot.
Essay Topic 3
In your own words, would you suggest that The Frontiersman presents an accurate picture of American history? How could you agree or disagree?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)