|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town do the Kentucky Colonists retreat to in Chapter 5?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Loramie tell Simon?
3. What job does Simon get after saving Strader?
4. What does Thomas Bullitt negotiate with the Chilahgawtha Indians in Chapter 2?
5. What name does Simon change his name to, in order to con some food and clothes from a neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Chief Cornstalk when he goes to Fort Randolph?
2. What does Simon Kenton become famous for?
3. Who surveys the site for the first city in Kentucky?
4. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
5. What family is hiding Kenton in Chapter 5?
6. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
7. Why does Simon Kenton start stealing horses?
8. How does Simon find out in Chapter 5 that he can use his real name once again?
9. What is the impressive action Kenton takes that awards him the job with Bill Grills?
10. What is so devastating about the British military force?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Simon Kenton become known as Simon Butler? When does he change his name back?
Essay Topic 2
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think about Blue Jacket's conversion to the Shawnee tribe? Does Blue Jacket lose some of his own heritage in doing so? Assess Blue Jacket's character in the book.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)