|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon Kenton decide to do in Chapter 5 to even the odds between British and Colonist?
2. What does Thomas Bullitt negotiate with the Chilahgawtha Indians in Chapter 2?
3. Who of Boone's family dies in an ambush?
4. What is the name of the woman that Simon has feelings for in Chapter 4?
5. What year does Chapter 6 begin with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and when was Simon Kenton born?
2. How is Simon rescued?
3. What does Simon Kenton become famous for?
4. What role does Simon Kenton play in the battles with the Indians in Chapter 2?
5. What family is hiding Kenton in Chapter 5?
6. What happens to Yaeger and George Strader at the beginning of Chapter 2?
7. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
8. In Chapter 3, who are the colonists at war with?
9. How do the hostilities with the Indians start in Chapter 2?
10. What is 'the gauntlet', and why does Simon have to run it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Simon Kenton's wilful stubbornness as a character. At first it appears to be a flaw in childhood, only to be a virtue in his later career as a frontiersman. How would you agree or disagree with this?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tecumseh come to depend on his younger brother? What's the outcome of that alliance?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think about Blue Jacket's conversion to the Shawnee tribe? Does Blue Jacket lose some of his own heritage in doing so? Assess Blue Jacket's character in the book.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)