|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tomahawk Improvements?
2. Why is Edgar's wife so loathe to see Kenton go?
3. After Boone escapes in Chapter 4, what activity does he and Simon take up?
4. What does Simon Kenton decide to do in Chapter 5 to even the odds between British and Colonist?
5. What role do Simon and Girty play in the peace in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
2. How is Simon rescued?
3. How does Simon's father die?
4. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
5. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
6. What is so devastating about the British military force?
7. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
8. What happens to Chief Cornstalk when he goes to Fort Randolph?
9. Why has Simon got so much land in Chapter 6?
10. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Simon's relationship with Martha, and then with Elizabeth. How were the two women similar?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differences between the living conditions of the early settlers and the life of someone such as yourself today.
Essay Topic 3
Studying the use of foreshadowing, dramatic tension and resolution, discuss whether the ending of the story is a fitting resolution to the plot.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)