|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family is Kenton staying with in Chapter 5?
2. What happens to Daniel Boone's daughter?
3. What is the name of the woman that Simon has feelings for in Chapter 4?
4. What happens to Captain Crawford in Chapter 6?
5. What does Thomas Bullitt negotiate with the Chilahgawtha Indians in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the impressive action Kenton takes that awards him the job with Bill Grills?
2. Where and when was Simon Kenton born?
3. What is the Shawnee Nation divided over in Chapter 5?
4. Who is Ruth?
5. In what ways do chiefs Cornstalk and Logan both change their minds?
6. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
7. How is Simon rescued?
8. Why does Bill Grills quit the Frontier?
9. How does Simon find out in Chapter 5 that he can use his real name once again?
10. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tecumseh come to depend on his younger brother? What's the outcome of that alliance?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of foreshadowing in the book. How can we detect the spiralling violence, the escalation of threat in the players’ lives? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
How does Simon Kenton become known as Simon Butler? When does he change his name back?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)