Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to John Wood in Chapter 2?
2. What is distinct about the Moravian Indians?
3. What does Colonel Bowman decide to do in Chapter 5?
4. What year was the protagonist born?
5. What does Simon notice while up the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
2. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
3. What happens to the Moravian Indians in Chapter 6?
4. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
5. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
6. Why has Simon got so much land in Chapter 6?
7. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
8. Why does Simon Kenton start stealing horses?
9. What is the impressive action Kenton takes that awards him the job with Bill Grills?
10. In what ways do chiefs Cornstalk and Logan both change their minds?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of foreshadowing in the book. How can we detect the spiralling violence, the escalation of threat in the players’ lives? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the notion of historical veracity in fiction. How can it be said that Eckert's book is biased? Is it historically accurate?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Simon Kenton's wilful stubbornness as a character. At first it appears to be a flaw in childhood, only to be a virtue in his later career as a frontiersman. How would you agree or disagree with this?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)