|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marmaduke von Swearingen's new Indian Name?
2. Whom does Simon first meet on the road after running away?
3. What job does Simon get after saving Strader?
4. How do the Indian hostilities start in Chapter 2?
5. What happens to Daniel Boone's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so devastating about the British military force?
2. In Chapter 3, who are the colonists at war with?
3. Why does Simon Kenton start stealing horses?
4. What crime does Simon Kenton think that he has committed in Chapter 1?
5. In what ways do chiefs Cornstalk and Logan both change their minds?
6. How is Simon adopted into the Shawnee tribe?
7. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
8. What happens to the Moravian Indians in Chapter 6?
9. What happens to Yaeger and George Strader at the beginning of Chapter 2?
10. Where is Simon Kenton attempting to travel to in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Simon's first encounters with Bill Grills. How does he learn from these events? What does he think of the other men of Grills's party?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Simon Kenton's wilful stubbornness as a character. At first it appears to be a flaw in childhood, only to be a virtue in his later career as a frontiersman. How would you agree or disagree with this?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tecumseh come to depend on his younger brother? What's the outcome of that alliance?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)