|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tomahawk Improvements?
2. What does Simon Kenton decide to do in Chapter 5 to even the odds between British and Colonist?
3. What is the name of the woman that Simon has feelings for in Chapter 4?
4. What does Thomas Bullitt negotiate with the Chilahgawtha Indians in Chapter 2?
5. What are springs being used for in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Yaeger and George Strader at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. How do the hostilities with the Indians start in Chapter 2?
3. How does Simon find out in Chapter 5 that he can use his real name once again?
4. What happens to the Moravian Indians in Chapter 6?
5. Who is Ruth?
6. Who surveys the site for the first city in Kentucky?
7. What happens to Chief Cornstalk when he goes to Fort Randolph?
8. Why does Bill Grills quit the Frontier?
9. How does Simon's father die?
10. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are ‘tomahawk improvements’? What happens to many of the claims made in this manner?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Simon's relationship with Martha, and then with Elizabeth. How were the two women similar?
Essay Topic 3
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)