|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Chapter 6 begin with?
2. Who is impressed at Simon's shooting in Chapter 1?
3. What does George Strader decide to do in Chapter 2?
4. Who becomes the new governor of Kentucky?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Loramie tell Simon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
2. In what ways do chiefs Cornstalk and Logan both change their minds?
3. Why does Bill Grills quit the Frontier?
4. How do the hostilities with the Indians start in Chapter 2?
5. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
6. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
7. What is the Shawnee Nation divided over in Chapter 5?
8. How is Simon adopted into the Shawnee tribe?
9. How does Simon find out in Chapter 5 that he can use his real name once again?
10. What family is hiding Kenton in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of foreshadowing in the book. How can we detect the spiralling violence, the escalation of threat in the players’ lives? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Greed in The Frontiersman by Allan W. Ekert. Which character(s) personify it? What does it motivate them to do?
Essay Topic 3
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)