|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Simon when Chapter 3 begins?
2. What does Simon Girty tell the Whites in Chapter 6?
3. What is remarkable about the canoe of men that Simon helps one night?
4. What job does Simon get after saving Strader?
5. How many Shawnee join Byrd's forces to destroy the Colonists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Moravian Indians in Chapter 6?
2. How is Simon rescued?
3. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
4. In Chapter 3, who are the colonists at war with?
5. Where and when was Simon Kenton born?
6. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
7. How do the hostilities with the Indians start in Chapter 2?
8. What is 'the gauntlet', and why does Simon have to run it?
9. Who surveys the site for the first city in Kentucky?
10. What role does Simon Kenton play in the battles with the Indians in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Simon Kenton as a child. Describe Tecumseh as a child. How are the two similar? Dissimilar?
Essay Topic 2
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
In your own words, would you suggest that The Frontiersman presents an accurate picture of American history? How could you agree or disagree?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)