|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Simon hide up a tree?
2. What does Simon Kenton decide to do in Chapter 5 to even the odds between British and Colonist?
3. What happens to Daniel Boone's daughter?
4. What date does Cornstalk attack Colonel Lewis's force?
5. What old friend does Simon Kenton meet in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
2. What family is hiding Kenton in Chapter 5?
3. What happens to Yaeger and George Strader at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What does Simon Kenton become famous for?
5. Where is Simon Kenton attempting to travel to in Chapter 1?
6. Why does Simon Kenton start stealing horses?
7. What is 'the gauntlet', and why does Simon have to run it?
8. What role does Simon Kenton play in the battles with the Indians in Chapter 2?
9. How is Simon adopted into the Shawnee tribe?
10. What happens to Chief Cornstalk when he goes to Fort Randolph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Simon's relationship with Martha, and then with Elizabeth. How were the two women similar?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Greed in The Frontiersman by Allan W. Ekert. Which character(s) personify it? What does it motivate them to do?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the actions and the eventual fate of the Greathouse party/expedition. Do you think they deserved their fate? Why do you think they did what they did?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)