|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second girl that Simon becomes enamored by?
2. After Boone escapes in Chapter 4, what activity does he and Simon take up?
3. Why is Simon adopted into the Shawnee Tribe?
4. What Native American chief goes to Fort Randolph to talk to the Whites?
5. What is distinct about the Moravian Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime does Simon Kenton think that he has committed in Chapter 1?
2. How is Simon adopted into the Shawnee tribe?
3. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
4. What is the Shawnee Nation divided over in Chapter 5?
5. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
6. How is Simon rescued?
7. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
8. What role does Simon Kenton play in the battles with the Indians in Chapter 2?
9. Why does Bill Grills quit the Frontier?
10. Where is Simon Kenton attempting to travel to in Chapter 1?
Essay Topic 1
How does Simon Kenton become known as Simon Butler? When does he change his name back?
Essay Topic 2
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of foreshadowing in the book. How can we detect the spiralling violence, the escalation of threat in the players’ lives? Cite examples from the text.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)