|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon do the British use, which the Colonists have no hope of using?
2. Who does John Yaeger say that he lived with for many years?
3. What state was Simon born in?
4. What name did the protagonist’s mother want to call him originally?
5. What happens to Captain Crawford in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
2. Who surveys the site for the first city in Kentucky?
3. What happens to Chief Cornstalk when he goes to Fort Randolph?
4. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
5. What family is hiding Kenton in Chapter 5?
6. In what ways do chiefs Cornstalk and Logan both change their minds?
7. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
8. What does Simon Kenton become famous for?
9. What crime does Simon Kenton think that he has committed in Chapter 1?
10. How does Simon find out in Chapter 5 that he can use his real name once again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the actions and the eventual fate of the Greathouse party/expedition. Do you think they deserved their fate? Why do you think they did what they did?
Essay Topic 2
How does Simon Kenton become known as Simon Butler? When does he change his name back?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tecumseh come to depend on his younger brother? What's the outcome of that alliance?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)