|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is impressed at Simon's shooting in Chapter 1?
2. What is Marmaduke von Swearingen's new Indian Name?
3. Why does Ruth decide she cannot marry Simon?
4. What does Tecumseh have to do as a part of his training to be a Brave?
5. In Chapter 2, what does General Dunmore hope to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
2. What is 'the gauntlet', and why does Simon have to run it?
3. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
4. What crime does Simon Kenton think that he has committed in Chapter 1?
5. What is the Shawnee Nation divided over in Chapter 5?
6. What is so devastating about the British military force?
7. How is Simon adopted into the Shawnee tribe?
8. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
9. How is Simon rescued?
10. Where is Simon Kenton attempting to travel to in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Simon Kenton become known as Simon Butler? When does he change his name back?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differences between the living conditions of the early settlers and the life of someone such as yourself today.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the Federal Scout, and why is Simon Kenton not allowed to become one? Consider the duties and the time that the federal scout was employed.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)