|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon Girty tell the Whites in Chapter 6?
2. What happens to the Edgars in Chapter 5?
3. Why does the Shawnee tribe split?
4. Who does John Yaeger say that he lived with for many years?
5. Who is the protagonist of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Simon got so much land in Chapter 6?
2. How is Simon rescued?
3. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
4. Why does Simon Kenton start stealing horses?
5. What happens to Chief Cornstalk when he goes to Fort Randolph?
6. What does Simon Kenton become famous for?
7. How is Simon adopted into the Shawnee tribe?
8. How does Simon's father die?
9. What is the Shawnee Nation divided over in Chapter 5?
10. How do the hostilities with the Indians start in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Contrast and compare the two lead Native American characters; Tecumseh and Blue Jacket. Who is the most loyal? What are their different strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Simon's relationship with Martha, and then with Elizabeth. How were the two women similar?
Essay Topic 3
What are ‘tomahawk improvements’? What happens to many of the claims made in this manner?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)