|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon Kenton decide to do in Chapter 5 to even the odds between British and Colonist?
2. What town do the Kentucky Colonists retreat to in Chapter 5?
3. How do Simon Kenton and Simon Girty get involved in Dunmore's army?
4. What happens to Daniel Boone's expedition?
5. When does Simon Kenton meet again with Daniel Boone in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways do chiefs Cornstalk and Logan both change their minds?
2. What does Simon Kenton become famous for?
3. Who is Ruth?
4. How does Simon find out in Chapter 5 that he can use his real name once again?
5. How does Simon's father die?
6. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
7. What is so devastating about the British military force?
8. How do the hostilities with the Indians start in Chapter 2?
9. What is the impressive action Kenton takes that awards him the job with Bill Grills?
10. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the notion of historical veracity in fiction. How can it be said that Eckert's book is biased? Is it historically accurate?
Essay Topic 2
What are ‘tomahawk improvements’? What happens to many of the claims made in this manner?
Essay Topic 3
How does Simon Kenton become known as Simon Butler? When does he change his name back?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)