|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Simon Kenton's wife, Martha, die?
(a) A ceiling collapses upon her.
(b) She is killed by British.
(d) She is killed by Indians.
2. What tribe is Tecumseh visiting in the April, 1788?
(a) The Sioux.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Waponica.
(d) The Mohawk.
3. What does Tecumseh plan for the future?
(a) To make peace with the Whites.
(b) To unite the Indian Nations.
(c) To found a religion.
(d) To build a city.
4. What meeting does Kenton discover in Chapter 10?
(a) A Black Bear.
(b) An Indian war meeting.
(c) A group of missionaries.
(d) An Indian war band.
5. What happens on September 16th, 1791?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) The Indian Chiefs unite to fight the Whites together.
(d) The Indian Chiefs sign a peace treaty with the Whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sworn in as president of the United States in Chapter 10?
2. What family member does Blue Jacket meet in Chapter 9?
3. Who does the United States declare war with in Chapter 12?
4. How does Tecumseh treat his youngest sibling?
5. Why do the Indians and the Whites feast together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simon take to protecting his fellow colonists in Chapter 7?
2. What is the significance of the death of Johnny Logan?
3. Why do the Indians hate Greathouse?
4. Why is Simon Kenton suddenly in financial trouble in Chapter 10?
5. What natural occurrence predicts the war between Tecumseh and the Americans?
6. What actions do the British take in Chapter 10?
7. What military role is Simon Kenton given in Chapter 9?
8. What military role is Blue Jacket given in Chapter 9?
9. In what way does Tecumseh's brother almost fumble Tecumseh's best-laid plans?
10. Why is literacy and education becoming important in Chapter 8?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)