|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to John Wood in Chapter 2?
(a) He is bitten by a spider.
(b) He falls off a cliff.
(c) He is bitten by a dog.
(d) He is bitten by a copperhead snake.
2. What happens to Daniel Boone's daughter?
(a) She marries a British officer.
(b) She marries an Indian.
(c) She is captured by the British.
(d) She is captured by Indians.
3. What role do Simon and Girty play in the peace in Chapter 2?
(a) They help defeat the Indians.
(b) They surrender their side.
(c) They are messengers between the Indians and the Whites.
(d) They kill the Indian chief.
4. What are springs being used for in Chapter 4?
(a) Cleaning wounds.
(b) Salt extraction.
(c) Making medicine.
(d) Feeding horses.
5. What year does Chapter 6 begin with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the new governor of Kentucky?
2. How much land does Simon offer to each of his family and neighbors to return with him to Kentucky?
3. What job does Simon get after saving Strader?
4. What does Thomas Bullitt negotiate with the Chilahgawtha Indians in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Bill Grills leave the frontier?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simon Girty try to stop the retaliation in Chapter 6?
2. What happens to Yaeger and George Strader at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. Who surveys the site for the first city in Kentucky?
4. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
5. What happens to Chief Cornstalk when he goes to Fort Randolph?
6. How do the hostilities with the Indians start in Chapter 2?
7. What crime does Simon Kenton think that he has committed in Chapter 1?
8. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
9. What does Simon Kenton become famous for?
10. What role does Simon Kenton play in the battles with the Indians in Chapter 2?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)