|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinct about the Moravian Indians?
(a) Their dress and customs.
(b) They all speak French.
(c) They are Buddhists.
(d) They are Christians.
2. What offer does Simon refuse in Chapter 4?
(a) To go on a hunting expedition with Boone.
(b) To marry Boone's daughter.
(c) To emigrate.
(d) To join with the British.
3. What job was Simon expected to do because it was what his father did?
4. Who are the missionaries that have to leave their fork in the river because of Indian threats?
5. Why does Ruth decide she cannot marry Simon?
(a) Because he is too wild.
(b) Because he is too poor.
(c) Because he isn't a Christian.
(d) Because she couldn't bear hearing of his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Simon when Chapter 3 begins?
2. What is the name of Simon's captor?
3. Why does the Shawnee tribe split?
4. What does Simon Kenton decide to do in Chapter 5 to even the odds between British and Colonist?
5. How has the settler whom Simon finds in Chapter 6 been killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Simon Kenton start stealing horses?
2. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
3. What happens to Chief Cornstalk when he goes to Fort Randolph?
4. Where is Simon Kenton attempting to travel to in Chapter 1?
5. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
6. Who is Ruth?
7. How does Simon Kenton save Daniel's life?
8. What was Simon Kenton known for as a youth and why?
9. How is Simon rescued?
10. Who surveys the site for the first city in Kentucky?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)