|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Bowman decide to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Attack the Shawnee Indians.
(b) Attack the Mohawk.
(c) Attack the Colonists.
(d) Attack the Sioux.
2. What is the name of the second girl that Simon becomes enamored by?
3. What date does Cornstalk attack Colonel Lewis's force?
(a) October 6, 1874.
(b) October 5, 1874.
(c) October 6, 1974.
(d) October 1, 1874.
4. What happens to the Edgars in Chapter 5?
(a) They are arrested by the French.
(b) They are arrested by the Italian.
(c) They are arrested by the British.
(d) They are arrested by the Spanish.
5. What are springs being used for in Chapter 4?
(a) Making medicine.
(b) Salt extraction.
(c) Feeding horses.
(d) Cleaning wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Strader decide to do in Chapter 2?
2. What Native American chief goes to Fort Randolph to talk to the Whites?
3. Whom does Simon fight before running away?
4. What name does Simon change his name to, in order to con some food and clothes from a neighbor?
5. Why is Simon adopted into the Shawnee Tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What town is Simon Kenton hiding in at the beginning of Chaper 5?
2. What is the Shawnee Nation divided over in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Bill Grills quit the Frontier?
4. Who is Ruth?
5. How does Simon's father die?
6. What is so devastating about the British military force?
7. Why does Simon Kenton start stealing horses?
8. How is Simon adopted into the Shawnee tribe?
9. How is Boone captured, and what happens to him thereafter?
10. What role does Simon Kenton play in the battles with the Indians in Chapter 2?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)