|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Moluntha name as his successor?
(a) Blue Jacket.
(b) Black Elk.
(c) Johnny Logan.
(d) Running Bear.
2. What happens on September 16th, 1791?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) The Indian Chiefs sign a peace treaty with the Whites.
(d) The Indian Chiefs unite to fight the Whites together.
3. What year is the great war in Chapter 12?
4. What year does Simon's brother die?
5. What military rank is Simon Kenton given in Chapter 9?
6. How many lost their lives in the battle on September 16th, 1791?
(a) None at all.
(b) 6 Whites and 66 Indians.
(c) 600 Indians and 60 Whites.
(d) 600 Whites and 60 Indians.
7. Who is at the head of the disastrous army in Chapter 9?
(b) St. Claire.
8. Who is John Kenton?
(a) The leader of the British forces.
(b) A fellow trapper and hunter.
(c) The President of the U.S.
(d) Simon Kenton's son.
9. On what date does Tecumseh's prophesy come true?
(a) December 16, 1811.
(b) December 1, 1811.
(c) January 1, 1811.
(d) December 20, 1880.
10. What businesses of Kenton's son goes bust?
(a) An expedition.
(b) Two general stores.
(c) A military company.
(d) A silver mine.
11. In Chapter 8, what does Congress agree to do about the ‘Indian problem’?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Make a treaty with them.
(c) Send a militia to squash them.
(d) Send an army to attack them.
12. What natural event precedes the war in Chapter 12?
13. In Chapter 10, which Indian tribe decides to join with Tecumseh?
(a) The Sioux.
(b) The Mohawk.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Shawnee.
14. How many men does Congress think have been killed and scalped?
15. Why is Simon Kenton imprisoned in Chapter 12?
(a) For attacking the Americans.
(b) For disputed land claims.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For attacking the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Kenton convert to?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Simon Kenton's son request to do?
3. Which illness does Simon Kenton Senior suffer from?
4. What happens to one of the two last forts to the west of the Ohio River?
5. What tribe is Tecumseh visiting in the April, 1788?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)