|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Moluntha?
(a) Simon Kenton.
(b) Hugh McGary.
(c) Simon Girty.
(d) Bill Grills.
2. How does his betrothed wish Tecumseh to change, a request that breaks their relationship?
(a) That Tecumseh becomes a Christian.
(b) That Tecumseh adopt the dress and culture of the whites.
(c) That Tecumseh joins forces with the Americans.
(d) That Tecumseh joins forces with the British.
3. In Chapter 10, which Indian tribe decides to join with Tecumseh?
(a) The Shawnee.
(b) The Mohawk.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Sioux.
4. What name does the city of Losantivillle change its name to?
(b) New York.
5. On what date does Tecumseh's prophesy come true?
(a) January 1, 1811.
(b) December 1, 1811.
(c) December 16, 1811.
(d) December 20, 1880.
6. What does Simon Kenton do at the end of Chapter 10?
(b) Gets promoted to Captain.
(c) Leaves America for Europe.
(d) Resigns his military commission and heads West with his son John.
7. How does Johnny Logan prove his loyalty to the Americans?
(a) By attacking the British.
(b) By working for the Americans.
(c) By attacking a group of Native Americans.
(d) By infiltrating the Indian Nations.
8. What does Tecumseh plan for the future?
(a) To make peace with the Whites.
(b) To unite the Indian Nations.
(c) To found a religion.
(d) To build a city.
9. Why do the Indians and the Whites feast together?
(a) To make a peace treaty.
(b) To exchange captives.
(c) To exchange horses.
(d) To barter goods.
10. How many Indians does Tecumseh want to raise against the Whites?
11. In Chapter 11, what does Simon Kenton's son request to do?
(a) Join the British.
(b) Explore for a year or two.
(c) Leave America.
(d) Fight the Spanish
12. How is Blue Jacket captured?
(a) He is surrounded by riflemen.
(b) He is attacked by colonists.
(c) He is shot in the side by a rifle.
(d) By a net.
13. Who does Simon Kenton fall in love with in Chapter 9?
14. Who is Simon Kenton betrothed to in Chapter 7?
(d) Martha Dowden.
15. What financial danger is presented to Simon Kenton Senior?
(a) The banks seize his assets.
(b) His Kentucky holdings fail.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is swindled out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the head of the disastrous army in Chapter 9?
2. What Native American tribe immediately sides with the Tecumseh's cause?
3. In Chapter 7, why does praying help the surrounded colonists?
4. What year does Simon's brother die?
5. Why is Blue Jacket disgusted with the young Braves under his command?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)