|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are Elizabeth and Simon Kenton Senior married?
2. In Chapter 10, which Indian tribe decides to join with Tecumseh?
(a) The Sioux.
(b) The Shawnee.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Mohawk.
3. Which of the following is born in 1793?
(a) Simon Kenton's first child.
(b) Simon Kenton's third child.
(c) Simon Kenton's second child.
(d) Simon Kenton's fourth child.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Congress agree to do about the ‘Indian problem’?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Make a treaty with them.
(c) Send a militia to squash them.
(d) Send an army to attack them.
5. What happens to one of the two last forts to the west of the Ohio River?
(a) It is attacked.
(b) It is abandoned.
(c) It is burned.
(d) It is flooded.
6. What year does Simon's brother die?
7. How does Johnny Logan prove his loyalty to the Americans?
(a) By working for the Americans.
(b) By infiltrating the Indian Nations.
(c) By attacking a group of Native Americans.
(d) By attacking the British.
8. How does Tecumseh treat his youngest sibling?
(a) With scorn.
(b) With jealousy.
(c) With affection.
(d) With pride.
9. Who does Simon Kenton fall in love with in Chapter 9?
10. In Chapter 7, why does praying help the surrounded colonists?
(a) The attacking Indians do not wish to anger the Great Spirit.
(b) The Indians are Christian.
(c) It scares the Indians.
(d) It gives them resolve.
11. What tribe is Tecumseh visiting in the April, 1788?
(a) The Waponica.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Mohawk.
(d) The Sioux.
12. How few men act as the standing army in and around Kentucky?
13. Upon his religious conversion, what changes about Kenton's character?
(a) He is always polite to everybody.
(b) He stops carrying a rifle and instead carries a staff.
(c) He gives up violence.
(d) He never drinks or swears.
14. How many Indians does Tecumseh want to raise against the Whites?
15. Who is Simon Kenton betrothed to in Chapter 7?
(b) Martha Dowden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role is awarded to Blue Jacket?
2. How does his betrothed wish Tecumseh to change, a request that breaks their relationship?
3. What name does the city of Losantivillle change its name to?
4. How many men does Congress think have been killed and scalped?
5. What meeting happens in 1789 that clears the way for Ohio's Statehood?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)