|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tecumseh say in response to the Presidents request in Chapter 11?
(a) He laughs at it.
(b) He considers it.
(c) He declines it.
(d) He accepts it.
2. How does Johnny Logan prove his loyalty to the Americans?
(a) By working for the Americans.
(b) By attacking a group of Native Americans.
(c) By infiltrating the Indian Nations.
(d) By attacking the British.
3. Who is Josiah Harner?
(a) A politician.
(b) A general.
(c) A trader.
(d) A slave.
4. Which of the following is born in 1793?
(a) Simon Kenton's first child.
(b) Simon Kenton's third child.
(c) Simon Kenton's fourth child.
(d) Simon Kenton's second child.
5. What rule does Tecumseh impose upon his followers in Chapter 11?
(a) Strictly no speaking English.
(b) Strictly no alcohol.
(c) Strictly no Christianity.
(d) Strictly no swearing.
6. What other famous adopted chief dies in Chapter 12?
(a) Johnny Logan.
(b) Black Hoof.
(c) Blue Jacket.
(d) Running Bear.
7. How does Simon Kenton's wife, Martha, die?
(a) She is killed by British.
(c) A ceiling collapses upon her.
(d) She is killed by Indians.
8. What has Tecumseh been doing for three years In Chapter 8?
(b) Building an army.
(c) Wandering and learning.
(d) Learning different languages.
9. Who is John Kenton?
(a) The President of the U.S.
(b) The leader of the British forces.
(c) A fellow trapper and hunter.
(d) Simon Kenton's son.
10. What does Blue Jacket do upon meeting his relative?
(a) Kidnaps him.
(b) Sets him free.
(c) Ransoms him.
(d) Kills him.
11. What name does the city of Losantivillle change its name to?
(b) New York.
12. Why do the Indians and the Whites feast together?
(a) To barter goods.
(b) To exchange horses.
(c) To make a peace treaty.
(d) To exchange captives.
13. How few men act as the standing army in and around Kentucky?
14. When are Elizabeth and Simon Kenton Senior married?
15. What happens to one of the two last forts to the west of the Ohio River?
(a) It is abandoned.
(b) It is flooded.
(c) It is burned.
(d) It is attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meeting does Kenton discover in Chapter 10?
2. What causes Harrison to attack Tecumseh's forces first?
3. Who kills Moluntha?
4. What year does Simon's brother die?
5. Upon his religious conversion, what changes about Kenton's character?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)