|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of the novel?
(a) Simon Kenton.
(b) Bill Grills.
(c) William Leaching.
(d) Dan Johnston.
2. What particular creature does Simon manage to hunt in Chapter 3?
3. What year was the protagonist born?
4. What name did the protagonist’s mother want to call him originally?
5. Which family is Kenton staying with in Chapter 5?
(a) The Kennedys.
(b) The Roosevelts.
(c) The Edgars.
(d) The Bushs.
6. Why does Blue Jacket sneak into the white settlement in Chapter 6?
(a) To find out when the attack is.
(b) To kill Clarke.
(c) To steal some money.
(d) To make a secret peace treaty.
7. When does Simon Kenton meet again with Daniel Boone in Chapter 4?
(a) February, 1777.
(b) February, 1779.
(c) February, 1812.
(d) February, 1778.
8. What happens to the Native American delegation in Chapter 3?
(a) They are arrested by the British.
(b) An angry mob kills them.
(c) They are given glory and honour by the whites.
(d) They are attacked by the Spanish.
9. What does Thomas Bullitt negotiate with the Chilahgawtha Indians in Chapter 2?
(a) To sell him some land.
(b) To settle one side of the Ohio River.
(c) To work for the British.
(d) To attack the other colonists.
10. Who becomes the new governor of Kentucky?
(a) George Rogers Clarke.
(b) Daniel Boone.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Simon Kenton.
11. What happens to John Wood in Chapter 2?
(a) He is bitten by a dog.
(b) He is bitten by a spider.
(c) He falls off a cliff.
(d) He is bitten by a copperhead snake.
12. What date does Cornstalk attack Colonel Lewis's force?
(a) October 6, 1974.
(b) October 5, 1874.
(c) October 6, 1874.
(d) October 1, 1874.
13. For what do Simon and Daniel Boone become relatively famous in Chapter 3?
(a) Attacking the Indians.
(b) Telling tall stories.
(c) Selling animal skins.
(d) Protecting the local Colonists.
14. How do the Indian hostilities start in Chapter 2?
(a) A white settler insults an Indian.
(b) The settlers attack the Indian villages.
(c) A member of Bullitt's team shoots an Indian Brave.
(d) An Indian Brave shoots a surveyor.
15. What state was Simon born in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who adopts Boone in Chapter 4?
2. What sort of friction is there between Colonel Lewis and General Dunmore?
3. Why is Simon adopted into the Shawnee Tribe?
4. How has the settler whom Simon finds in Chapter 6 been killed?
5. What role do Simon and Girty play in the peace in Chapter 2?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)