|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Loramie tell Simon?
(a) That he still hasn't found the rich canelands.
(b) That he should proceed further west.
(c) That he should leave the frontier.
(d) That he should join the Indians.
2. Who is the protagonist of the novel?
(a) Dan Johnston.
(b) Bill Grills.
(c) Simon Kenton.
(d) William Leaching.
3. Why does the Shawnee tribe split?
(a) Half want to join forces with the British.
(b) Half want to raise crops.
(c) Half want to live in cities.
(d) Half want to stop fighting the white man.
4. Who is impressed at Simon's shooting in Chapter 1?
(a) Dan Johnson.
(b) William Leaching.
(c) Bill Grills.
(d) Blue Jacket.
5. What name does Simon change his name to, in order to con some food and clothes from a neighbor?
6. How does Yaeger die?
(a) He is attacked by Indians.
(b) He is attacked by the Spanish.
(c) He falls from a tree.
(d) He is attacked by the British.
7. What does Simon Kenton decide to do in Chapter 5 to even the odds between British and Colonist?
(a) Hire the Indians.
(b) Tip the cannons into the river.
(c) Beseech the French.
(d) Attack the British.
8. Where is Simon when Chapter 3 begins?
9. What are Tomahawk Improvements?
(a) A means of claiming a land for your own.
(b) A means of making better weapons.
(c) A means of felling trees better.
(d) A means of felling trees better.
10. What name did the protagonist’s mother want to call him originally?
11. What role do Simon and Girty play in the peace in Chapter 2?
(a) They surrender their side.
(b) They are messengers between the Indians and the Whites.
(c) They kill the Indian chief.
(d) They help defeat the Indians.
12. Who does John Yaeger say that he lived with for many years?
(a) The Inuit.
(b) The British.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Spanish.
13. What does Simon immediately notice about Western Kentucky?
(a) The strange animals.
(b) The amount of Indians living there.
(c) The massive amounts of game.
(d) The strange plants.
14. What does Simon Girty tell the Whites in Chapter 6?
(a) The Indians want trade goods.
(b) The Indians are their friends.
(c) The Indians need to be left alone.
(d) The Indians want revenge.
15. What job was Simon expected to do because it was what his father did?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon notice while up the tree?
2. Who is Ellen Cummings?
3. What is remarkable about the canoe of men that Simon helps one night?
4. What city has Simon Kenton infiltrated in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Ruth decide she cannot marry Simon?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)