|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of Boone's family dies in an ambush?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
2. In Chapter 4, who is Girty about to work for?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The British.
3. Where is Simon when Chapter 3 begins?
4. What year does Chapter 6 begin with?
5. What job was Simon expected to do because it was what his father did?
6. Who is impressed at Simon's shooting in Chapter 1?
(a) Dan Johnson.
(b) William Leaching.
(c) Bill Grills.
(d) Blue Jacket.
7. What happens to Daniel Boone's daughter?
(a) She marries a British officer.
(b) She is captured by the British.
(c) She is captured by Indians.
(d) She marries an Indian.
8. What name did the protagonist’s mother want to call him originally?
9. How far was the turkey shot, in Chapter 1?
(a) 300 feet.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 332 feet.
(d) 330 feet.
10. Whom does Simon fight before running away?
(a) His father.
(b) Ellen's husband William.
(c) His brothers.
(d) The town mayor.
11. Who becomes the new governor of Kentucky?
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) Simon Kenton.
(c) George Rogers Clarke.
(d) George Washington.
12. Who winters with Kenton in Chapter 5, proving to have become a drunk?
13. Who does John Yaeger say that he lived with for many years?
(a) The British.
(b) The Inuit.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Indians.
14. What job does Simon get after saving Strader?
(a) Surveyor with the Greathouse expedition.
15. How has the settler whom Simon finds in Chapter 6 been killed?
(b) Impaled on a stake.
(c) Attacked by Tomahawks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Strader decide to do in Chapter 2?
2. What state was Simon born in?
3. How do the Indian hostilities start in Chapter 2?
4. What town do the Kentucky Colonists retreat to in Chapter 5?
5. For what do Simon and Daniel Boone become relatively famous in Chapter 3?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)