|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Simon first meet on the road after running away?
(b) Blue Jacket.
(c) Dan Johnson.
(d) Bill Grills.
2. What particular creature does Simon manage to hunt in Chapter 3?
3. What does Colonel David Williamson decide to do with the Moravian Indians?
(a) Let them go.
(b) Massacre them.
(c) Grant them land.
(d) Arrest them all.
4. Who is the protagonist of the novel?
(a) William Leaching.
(b) Dan Johnston.
(c) Bill Grills.
(d) Simon Kenton.
5. How does Yaeger die?
(a) He is attacked by Indians.
(b) He is attacked by the Spanish.
(c) He falls from a tree.
(d) He is attacked by the British.
6. How much land does Simon offer to each of his family and neighbors to return with him to Kentucky?
(a) 10 acres.
(b) 1,000 acres.
(c) 1 acre.
(d) 100 acres.
7. What offer does Simon refuse in Chapter 4?
(a) To go on a hunting expedition with Boone.
(b) To emigrate.
(c) To join with the British.
(d) To marry Boone's daughter.
8. For what do Simon and Daniel Boone become relatively famous in Chapter 3?
(a) Attacking the Indians.
(b) Selling animal skins.
(c) Protecting the local Colonists.
(d) Telling tall stories.
9. What are springs being used for in Chapter 4?
(a) Salt extraction.
(b) Making medicine.
(c) Feeding horses.
(d) Cleaning wounds.
10. What role do Simon and Girty play in the peace in Chapter 2?
(a) They surrender their side.
(b) They are messengers between the Indians and the Whites.
(c) They kill the Indian chief.
(d) They help defeat the Indians.
11. Who does John Yaeger say that he lived with for many years?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Inuit.
(c) The British.
(d) The Spanish.
12. What happens to Captain Crawford in Chapter 6?
(a) He is taken back to England.
(b) He is caught and killed by the Indians.
(c) He is arrested by the Americans.
(d) He is caught and ransomed by the Indians.
13. What date does Cornstalk attack Colonel Lewis's force?
(a) October 6, 1974.
(b) October 6, 1874.
(c) October 5, 1874.
(d) October 1, 1874.
14. Who adopts Boone in Chapter 4?
(a) The Shawnee.
(b) The British.
(c) The Sioux.
(d) The Mohawks.
15. What does the adopted Blue Jacket want to see happen?
(a) War with the Whites.
(b) War with the British.
(c) War with the settlers.
(d) War with the Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Simon's captor?
2. Who is impressed at Simon's shooting in Chapter 1?
3. What city has Simon Kenton infiltrated in Chapter 5?
4. What happens to the Edgars in Chapter 5?
5. After Boone escapes in Chapter 4, what activity does he and Simon take up?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)