|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the settler whom Simon finds in Chapter 6 been killed?
(b) Attacked by Tomahawks.
(c) Impaled on a stake.
2. What year does Simon's mother die?
3. What year was the protagonist born?
4. Which family is Kenton staying with in Chapter 5?
(a) The Kennedys.
(b) The Bushs.
(c) The Roosevelts.
(d) The Edgars.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Congress agree to do about the ‘Indian problem’?
(a) Send a militia to squash them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Send an army to attack them.
(d) Make a treaty with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did the protagonist’s mother want to call him originally?
2. What meeting happens in 1789 that clears the way for Ohio's Statehood?
3. What old friend does Simon Kenton meet in Chapter 4?
4. What two forts are built in Chapter 9?
5. How few men act as the standing army in and around Kentucky?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)