|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What challenge do the Indians force Simon to pass?
(a) Jumping a waterfall.
(b) A run called the gauntlet.
(c) Capturing a snake.
(d) Climbing a cliff.
2. Which family is Kenton staying with in Chapter 5?
(a) The Bushs.
(b) The Edgars.
(c) The Roosevelts.
(d) The Kennedys.
3. What role do Simon and Girty play in the peace in Chapter 2?
(a) They help defeat the Indians.
(b) They kill the Indian chief.
(c) They surrender their side.
(d) They are messengers between the Indians and the Whites.
4. Whom does Moluntha name as his successor?
(a) Johnny Logan.
(b) Black Elk.
(c) Blue Jacket.
(d) Running Bear.
5. How has the settler whom Simon finds in Chapter 6 been killed?
(a) Impaled on a stake.
(c) Attacked by Tomahawks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did the protagonist’s mother want to call him originally?
2. Why does Simon Kenton not get hired as a scout in Chapter 8?
3. What does Simon immediately notice about Western Kentucky?
4. What two forts are built in Chapter 9?
5. What happens to Daniel Boone's daughter?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)