|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bill Grills leave the frontier?
(a) Because he sees what the militia army does to an Indian delegation.
(b) Because he dislikes Indians.
(c) Because he wants to live in comfort.
(d) Because he is getting older.
2. Whom does Simon fight before running away?
(a) Ellen's husband William.
(b) His brothers.
(c) His father.
(d) The town mayor.
3. How far was the turkey shot, in Chapter 1?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 330 feet.
(d) 332 feet.
4. What does Colonel Bowman decide to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Attack the Shawnee Indians.
(b) Attack the Colonists.
(c) Attack the Mohawk.
(d) Attack the Sioux.
5. For what do Simon and Daniel Boone become relatively famous in Chapter 3?
(a) Telling tall stories.
(b) Selling animal skins.
(c) Attacking the Indians.
(d) Protecting the local Colonists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Indian hostilities start in Chapter 2?
2. How does Yaeger die?
3. What date does Cornstalk attack Colonel Lewis's force?
4. Why does Simon hide up a tree?
5. What job was Simon expected to do because it was what his father did?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)