|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was the turkey shot, in Chapter 1?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 332 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 330 feet.
2. Whose life does Simon save by carrying him to a fort, under Indian attack?
(a) Daniel Boothe.
(b) John Yaeger.
(c) Daniel Boone.
(d) Simon Girty.
3. Who is the protagonist of the novel?
(a) Dan Johnston.
(b) Simon Kenton.
(c) William Leaching.
(d) Bill Grills.
4. What particular creature does Simon manage to hunt in Chapter 3?
5. How do the Indian hostilities start in Chapter 2?
(a) A member of Bullitt's team shoots an Indian Brave.
(b) The settlers attack the Indian villages.
(c) An Indian Brave shoots a surveyor.
(d) A white settler insults an Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does General Dunmore hope to do?
2. Whom does Simon fight before running away?
3. What job was Simon expected to do because it was what his father did?
4. What does Thomas Bullitt negotiate with the Chilahgawtha Indians in Chapter 2?
5. What role do Simon and Girty play in the peace in Chapter 2?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)