1. Who is the protagonist of the novel?
(a) Dan Johnston.
(b) Simon Kenton.
(c) William Leaching.
(d) Bill Grills.
2. What name did the protagonist’s mother want to call him originally?
3. What year was the protagonist born?
4. What state was Simon born in?
5. What job was Simon expected to do because it was what his father did?
6. Who is Ellen Cummings?
(a) Simon's aunt.
(b) Simon's mother.
(c) Simon's childhood sweetheart.
(d) Someone Simon meets on the road.
7. Whom does Simon fight before running away?
(a) Ellen's husband William.
(b) His brothers.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) His father.
8. What name does Simon change his name to, in order to con some food and clothes from a neighbor?
9. Whom does Simon first meet on the road after running away?
(b) Bill Grills.
(c) Dan Johnson.
(d) Blue Jacket.
10. How far was the turkey shot, in Chapter 1?
(a) 332 feet.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 330 feet.
(d) 300 feet.
This section contains 3,857 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)