|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was said to cure asthma?
2. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
3. What is the liquid left in the churn after the butter has been made called?
4. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
5. Who tells the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog?'
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the process of drying and why it was done.
2. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
3. Explain the basic differences between curing and smoking.
4. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
5. Describe the way the recipes in 'Mountain Recipes' are told.
6. Describe the basics for weather signs and the different ways they are obtained.
7. What is explained about the remedies looked at in 'Home Remedies' before the remedies are given?
8. What does Andy Webb say is the difference between when he was younger and when he is an old man in terms of the wildlife hunted?
9. Describe the hoop snake.
10. What different processes are looked at in Preserving Vegetables?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Pick on person that was interviewed for the Foxfire Book to do another interview with. Which person did you pick and why?
Part 2) What subject would you be interested in finding out about that could easily fit into the Foxfire Book themes? Why did you pick that subject and how does it fit?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Hillard Green's character.
Part 2) Pick one word, or short phrase, to describe Hillard Green. Explain why you have chosen that word or phrase.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Which of the articles seemed to be the most helpful as a 'how to' guide? Explain.
Part 2) Which of the articles seemed to be the least helpful as a 'how to' guide? Why?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)