|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie burn to keep snakes away?
2. What does a hunter mean when he says 'I cut him down.'?
3. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
4. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
5. What does Grady Waldroop cut off of the turkey and leave for the old man along with a note?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Discuss religion and the role that it played for the majority of the people interviewed.
Part 2) Why does it seem that religion was so strong a theme in each person's life?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Which of the people interviewed seemed to be the most important or to have the biggest impact on the story? Explain why you chose this person.
Part 2) Which character stood out the most in the story? Why do you think this was?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What is the author's purpose in the Foxfire Book?
Part 2) Is that purpose accomplished? Explain why or why not.
Part 3) Could this book easily be made into a continuation in current day times? Would it be popular as it was when it was originally published? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)