Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
2. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
3. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
4. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
5. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
There are many different homes that are described in the book.
Part 1) Which home seems the most unique to you? Explain why this home stuck out for you.
Part 2) What is significant about knowing that Daniel Manous lived in a bread truck?
Part 3) Does knowing where these people live affect the reader's thoughts about the person? Explain why or why not and how.
Part 1) Explain the importance of the students that were interviewing the people.
Part 2) How would the story have been different if they had not been students but had been adult reporters of some type? Explain your point of view.
Part 3) Is there any indication in the articles that the students put pieces of their own thoughts or ideas into the stories? Support your answer and cite the places in the book where this information is found.
Take a closer look at the purpose of a quilting circle.
Part 1) What images come to mind when the phrase 'quilting circle' is mentioned? Why?
Part 2) Explain the practicality of a quilting circle?
Part 3) Would it be possible to get a quilting circle together in modern times? How would it be different? How would it be the same? Explain.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)