|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the price of the pelt if you make a bad ear hole on a raccoon?
2. Where is the art of moonshining said to have begun?
3. What does Grady Waldroop cut off of the turkey and leave for the old man along with a note?
4. Who tells the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog?'
5. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you prepare frog?
2. Describe the hoop snake.
3. What is Daniel's story about that he tells the students?
4. How does Taylor Crockett say that bear meat was divided up?
5. Describe the joint snake.
6. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
7. What is explained about the remedies looked at in 'Home Remedies' before the remedies are given?
8. What different processes are looked at in Preserving Vegetables?
9. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
10. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Discuss religion and the role that it played for the majority of the people interviewed.
Part 2) Why does it seem that religion was so strong a theme in each person's life?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Pick on person that was interviewed for the Foxfire Book to do another interview with. Which person did you pick and why?
Part 2) What subject would you be interested in finding out about that could easily fit into the Foxfire Book themes? Why did you pick that subject and how does it fit?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What is the author's purpose in the Foxfire Book?
Part 2) Is that purpose accomplished? Explain why or why not.
Part 3) Could this book easily be made into a continuation in current day times? Would it be popular as it was when it was originally published? Explain your answer.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)