|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be used in place of a churn for quicker results?
2. What type of milk should be used when churning butter?
3. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
4. What is one of the factors that slowed the production and appeal of moonshining?
5. What does Scrapple taste like according to Mrs. Mann Norton?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Pick on person that was interviewed for the Foxfire Book to do another interview with. Which person did you pick and why?
Part 2) What subject would you be interested in finding out about that could easily fit into the Foxfire Book themes? Why did you pick that subject and how does it fit?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one to write about.
Part 1) How would the story have been different if the articles had been "How To" only without the human stories and personal touches included? Explain your answer.
Part 2) Could any of the stories given been made into short stories or books on their own? Explain why or why not.
Part 3) Is the Foxfire Book a realistic help to a person that intended to live off the land? Explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the people in the book are described as self-sufficient.
Part 1) Describe what it means to be self-sufficient.
Part 2) How is being self-sufficient today different from that of Aunt Arie or Hillard Green? Explain.
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)