Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
2. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
3. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
4. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
5. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Wigginton tries to find a unique method to teach the students.
Part 1) Given what is told to the reader and the results in the story does it seem likely that Mr. Wigginton had a large impact on his students? Explain why or why not?
Part 2) Is it likely that this same method would work again with students today? Explain your answer.
Part 3) What does it say about Mr. Wigginton's personality that he wanted so badly to find a unique way to teach his students?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What is the author's purpose in the Foxfire Book?
Part 2) Is that purpose accomplished? Explain why or why not.
Part 3) Could this book easily be made into a continuation in current day times? Would it be popular as it was when it was originally published? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Which of the people interviewed seemed to be the most important or to have the biggest impact on the story? Explain why you chose this person.
Part 2) Which character stood out the most in the story? Why do you think this was?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)