|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
2. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
3. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
4. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
5. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
Essay Topic 1
"White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits" were all separate articles that could have been easily grouped together.
Part 1) What were the reasons that these three articles were not put together?
Part 2) What other articles in the book could have been easily grouped together? Explain why these articles fit together.
Part 3) Would it have made the articles more or less understandable to have grouped them together? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Pick one to write about.
Part 1) How would the story have been different if the articles had been "How To" only without the human stories and personal touches included? Explain your answer.
Part 2) Could any of the stories given been made into short stories or books on their own? Explain why or why not.
Part 3) Is the Foxfire Book a realistic help to a person that intended to live off the land? Explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Take a closer look at the purpose of a quilting circle.
Part 1) What images come to mind when the phrase 'quilting circle' is mentioned? Why?
Part 2) Explain the practicality of a quilting circle?
Part 3) Would it be possible to get a quilting circle together in modern times? How would it be different? How would it be the same? Explain.
This section contains 1,388 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)