Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
2. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
3. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
4. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
5. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
Essay Topic 1
There are many different homes that are described in the book.
Part 1) Which home seems the most unique to you? Explain why this home stuck out for you.
Part 2) What is significant about knowing that Daniel Manous lived in a bread truck?
Part 3) Does knowing where these people live affect the reader's thoughts about the person? Explain why or why not and how.
Essay Topic 2
Take a closer look at the purpose of a quilting circle.
Part 1) What images come to mind when the phrase 'quilting circle' is mentioned? Why?
Part 2) Explain the practicality of a quilting circle?
Part 3) Would it be possible to get a quilting circle together in modern times? How would it be different? How would it be the same? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Daniel Manous, Aunt Arie, and Hillard Green are the only people in the book to have an article named after them.
Part 1) Compare these people together. What do they have in common that makes them people of interest?
Part 2) Which of these people stands out the most and why.
Part 3) Rename these three articles. Explain why you chose the new titles that you decided on.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)