Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
2. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
3. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
4. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
5. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Hillard Green's character.
Part 2) Pick one word, or short phrase, to describe Hillard Green. Explain why you have chosen that word or phrase.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Explain the importance of the students that were interviewing the people.
Part 2) How would the story have been different if they had not been students but had been adult reporters of some type? Explain your point of view.
Part 3) Is there any indication in the articles that the students put pieces of their own thoughts or ideas into the stories? Support your answer and cite the places in the book where this information is found.
Essay Topic 3
There is a lot of people that talk about their lives and how proud they are of their family or other pieces of this life.
Part 1) Discuss pride and the general role that it played in the book.
Part 2) Pick three characters from the book that seemed like people that had sincere pride in their lives. Explain why you chose these three.
Part 3) Do these people seem to be boastful in their pride? Explain why or why not?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)