Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
2. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
3. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
4. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
5. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Explain the importance of the students that were interviewing the people.
Part 2) How would the story have been different if they had not been students but had been adult reporters of some type? Explain your point of view.
Part 3) Is there any indication in the articles that the students put pieces of their own thoughts or ideas into the stories? Support your answer and cite the places in the book where this information is found.
Essay Topic 2
"White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits" were all separate articles that could have been easily grouped together.
Part 1) What were the reasons that these three articles were not put together?
Part 2) What other articles in the book could have been easily grouped together? Explain why these articles fit together.
Part 3) Would it have made the articles more or less understandable to have grouped them together? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Which of the people interviewed seemed to be the most important or to have the biggest impact on the story? Explain why you chose this person.
Part 2) Which character stood out the most in the story? Why do you think this was?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)