Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
2. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
3. What is the fireplace once said to have been?
4. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
5. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story that Bill Lamb tells about why they remove the eyes from the hog's head before cooking it.
2. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
3. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
4. How does Mrs. Watts describe Christmas and the children's reactions to their gifts?
5. Describe how the article "This is the Way I was Raised Up" was written.
6. Describe the differences between using the fire in the winter and in the warmer months.
7. Why do the students realize that it would be impossible to give a set a blue prints for each cabin?
8. How are Dutch Ovens used?
9. How does Taylor Crockett say that bear meat was divided up?
10. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
Part 1) Explain the importance of the students that were interviewing the people.
Part 2) How would the story have been different if they had not been students but had been adult reporters of some type? Explain your point of view.
Part 3) Is there any indication in the articles that the students put pieces of their own thoughts or ideas into the stories? Support your answer and cite the places in the book where this information is found.
Part 1) Discuss religion and the role that it played for the majority of the people interviewed.
Part 2) Why does it seem that religion was so strong a theme in each person's life?
Part 1) Which of the articles seemed to be the most helpful as a 'how to' guide? Explain.
Part 2) Which of the articles seemed to be the least helpful as a 'how to' guide? Why?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)