|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these wolly worm actions does NOT does not imply there is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Is harder to find.
(b) Lots of them are seen.
(c) Has a heavy coat.
(d) Is found crawling before the first frost.
2. What does Aunt Arie burn to keep snakes away?
(b) Old shoes.
(c) Fresh peach limbs.
(d) Snake skins.
3. What instrument does Daniel play?
4. What is the liquid left in the churn after the butter has been made called?
(d) Skim milk.
5. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
(b) An outhouse.
(c) A crooked politician.
(d) Rotton hog meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 'leaf lard?'
2. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
3. What is often mixed with hog brains when being cooked?
4. What is one of the factors that slowed the production and appeal of moonshining?
5. What does Mrs. Lake Stiles say to do with the rest of the frog after you have cut the legs off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
2. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
3. Describe the story that Bill Lamb tells about why they remove the eyes from the hog's head before cooking it.
4. Describe the joint snake.
5. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
6. Explain basically how moonshining began.
7. What does Andy Webb say is the difference between when he was younger and when he is an old man in terms of the wildlife hunted?
8. Explain the reasons that mountain men hunted.
9. Describe the hoop snake.
10. Explain how cracklin's are made.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)