|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel live in?
(a) An old cargo van.
(b) Abandoned bread truck.
(c) A broke down school bus.
(d) An Indian tepee.
2. What is 'side meat' made into?
(a) Pork chops.
3. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Thrill of the hunt.
(b) Change of meat.
(c) Money from the fur.
(d) The boom of the gun.
4. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
(d) The dark.
5. What does Aunt Arie burn to keep snakes away?
(a) Old shoes.
(c) Snake skins.
(d) Fresh peach limbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Daniel play?
2. What is the liquid left in the churn after the butter has been made called?
3. What do the squirrels do if it is going to be a bad winter?
4. Which of the following was said to cure asthma?
5. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
2. What different processes are looked at in Preserving Vegetables?
3. Describe the directions given for skinning a raccoon.
4. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
5. Explain the reasons that hogs were the mountain people's main meat.
6. What is explained about the remedies looked at in 'Home Remedies' before the remedies are given?
7. What is the difference between the direction given by Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Philips' method for churning butter and that of Mrs. Norton's?
8. Describe the hoop snake.
9. Explain the basic differences between curing and smoking.
10. Explain the reasons that mountain men hunted.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)