|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
(a) No one ever paid any attention.
(b) Made it bitter.
(c) Had no effect.
(d) Made it salty.
2. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
(a) Farm dog.
(b) Plantation dog.
(c) Cattle dog.
3. When was hog killing generally done?
(a) Whenever the hog got fat.
(b) Whenever the farmer got hungry.
(c) Late November.
4. What is it said that a joint snake can do?
(a) Anywhere they bite you your closest joint bends permenently.
(c) Be broken into pieces and grow back together.
(d) Bend itslef into severl 90 degree angles.
5. Where are many of the mountain men descended from?
(d) Outcast Britains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the factors that slowed the production and appeal of moonshining?
2. What is said to have been the prime source of meat for the early family in the mountains?
3. What do most healers claim will happen if others hear them speak the words that God has given them to speak to heal someone?
4. What must you remove from the raccoon if you intend to eat it?
5. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
2. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
3. How do you prepare frog?
4. Describe the basics for weather signs and the different ways they are obtained.
5. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
6. Describe the story that Bill Lamb tells about why they remove the eyes from the hog's head before cooking it.
7. Describe the joint snake.
8. Explain where the expression "That must'a had a dead hog in it" comes from.
9. What is Daniel's story about that he tells the students?
10. Explain the basic differences between curing and smoking.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)