|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term do the mountain people use to describe houses, meadows or caves that they will refuse to enter?
(a) Snake like.
(b) Snake bitten.
(c) Snake infested.
2. What do the students say that stories about hunting inevitably turn to?
(b) Tales about dogs.
(c) How their parents taught them to hunt.
(d) Hunting tales.
3. What type of milk should be used when churning butter?
(a) Rich milk, mostly cream.
(b) Fresh milk.
(c) Butter milk.
(d) Skim milk.
4. What was Daniel's job?
(a) To keep track of wild birds.
(b) Watch over the fish hatchery.
(c) He was unemployed.
(d) To keep watch on timber fields.
5. How does a coachwhip snake kill animals?
(a) Wriggling into the ear canal.
(b) Causing madness.
(c) Wraps around them and whips them so that they run to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
2. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
3. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
4. What do most healers claim will happen if others hear them speak the words that God has given them to speak to heal someone?
5. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
2. What is Daniel's story about that he tells the students?
3. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
4. Explain how cracklin's are made.
5. Describe the hoop snake.
6. Explain the reasons that hogs were the mountain people's main meat.
7. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
8. How do you prepare frog?
9. Explain the basic differences between curing and smoking.
10. How does Taylor Crockett say that bear meat was divided up?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)