|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the price of the pelt if you make a bad ear hole on a raccoon?
(a) Depends on the dealer.
(b) Goes down by half.
(c) Goes down fifty cents.
(d) Goes down a dollar.
2. How long should the carcass of a possum be soaked before cooking to eat?
(a) Forty-eight hours.
(b) Doesn't have to be soaked.
(c) At least overnight.
(d) Two hours.
3. What do the squirrels do if it is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Begin to get sick.
(b) Gather nuts late.
(c) Fight each other for food.
(d) Gather nuts early.
4. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Prepares it for the next step.
(b) Gives it a good flavor.
(c) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
(d) Removes the excess blood.
5. A person that can heal a burn is said to do what?
(a) Replace the skin.
(b) A dance.
(c) Draw out the devil.
(d) Draw out the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
2. Which of these wolly worm actions does NOT does not imply there is going to be a bad winter?
3. What does Daniel live in?
4. What must you remove from the raccoon if you intend to eat it?
5. Which of these is NOT a way to keep your still hidden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
2. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
3. Explain the process of drying and why it was done.
4. Explain where the expression "That must'a had a dead hog in it" comes from.
5. Explain basically how moonshining began.
6. What does Andy Webb say is the difference between when he was younger and when he is an old man in terms of the wildlife hunted?
7. Describe the directions given for skinning a raccoon.
8. What is the difference between the direction given by Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Philips' method for churning butter and that of Mrs. Norton's?
9. Explain the reasons that hogs were the mountain people's main meat.
10. Describe the basics for weather signs and the different ways they are obtained.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)