|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
(a) An outhouse.
(b) A crooked politician.
(d) Rotton hog meat.
2. What sometimes falls into the mash and drowns?
(d) Free range hogs.
3. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
(a) They don't believe in it.
(b) They have absolutely no opinion about it.
(c) They are skeptical.
(d) They want badly for it too work.
4. What does the sweet potato do to indicate a harsh winter?
(a) Produce very few.
(b) Put's on a winter coat.
(c) Grow a tougher skin.
(d) Produce more heavily.
5. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
(a) When the moon is new.
(b) When you first hear the whipporwill.
(c) When the moon is full.
(d) In the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can you do with deer meat?
2. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
3. Which of the following is NOT a name for Souse?
4. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
5. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the joint snake.
2. Describe the hoop snake.
3. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
4. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
5. Explain how cracklin's are made.
6. What does Andy Webb say is the difference between when he was younger and when he is an old man in terms of the wildlife hunted?
7. What is explained about the remedies looked at in 'Home Remedies' before the remedies are given?
8. How do you prepare frog?
9. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
10. Explain basically how moonshining began.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)