|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Nora Garland say she cannot heal?
(b) Removing warts.
(c) Draw out fire.
2. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
3. What did the students promise not to print in their interview?
(a) Still locations.
(b) Prison records.
4. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
5. Where are many of the mountain men descended from?
(a) Outcast Britains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these childhood illnesses was looked at in terms of faith healing?
2. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
3. Those who believe in the signs in part base their belief on what?
4. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
5. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is explained about the remedies looked at in 'Home Remedies' before the remedies are given?
2. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
3. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
4. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
5. Explain how cracklin's are made.
6. What is Daniel's story about that he tells the students?
7. Explain the process of drying and why it was done.
8. What different processes are looked at in Preserving Vegetables?
9. Describe the joint snake.
10. How do you prepare frog?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)