|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
2. What was Daniel's job?
(a) Watch over the fish hatchery.
(b) He was unemployed.
(c) To keep track of wild birds.
(d) To keep watch on timber fields.
3. What does Scrapple taste like according to Mrs. Mann Norton?
4. Which of the following was said to cure asthma?
(a) Sleep in the dog's bed.
(b) Suck salty water up your nose.
(c) Tie maple leaves in your hair and leave them.
(d) Avoid any food that was picked or killed in a month with an R.
5. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
2. How do you cure cramps in your feet?
3. What is one of the factors that slowed the production and appeal of moonshining?
4. What sometimes falls into the mash and drowns?
5. Which of following is NOT a remedy for arthritis.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy Webb say is the difference between when he was younger and when he is an old man in terms of the wildlife hunted?
2. Explain the reasons that mountain men hunted.
3. How does Taylor Crockett say that bear meat was divided up?
4. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
5. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
6. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
7. What is the difference between the direction given by Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Philips' method for churning butter and that of Mrs. Norton's?
8. Explain how cracklin's are made.
9. What different processes are looked at in Preserving Vegetables?
10. How do you prepare frog?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)