|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a coachwhip snake kill animals?
(a) Causing madness.
(b) Wraps around them and whips them so that they run to death.
(c) Wriggling into the ear canal.
2. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
(a) Piece of hollowed out wood.
(b) Cown horn.
(c) White Oak.
(d) An old modified tin whistle.
3. What can you do with deer meat?
(a) Cure it.
(b) Put it in souse.
(c) Smoke it.
(d) Eat it raw.
4. What do the squirrels do if it is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Gather nuts early.
(b) Gather nuts late.
(c) Begin to get sick.
(d) Fight each other for food.
5. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
(a) Big grain yellow corn.
(b) Big grain white corn.
(c) No such thing as good hominy.
(d) Small grain white corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the healer, Charley Tyler, say causes Thrush?
2. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
3. The number of days old the moon is at the first snow tells what?
4. What does Minyard Conner say the bear died of in her story?
5. What does a hunter mean when he says 'I cut him down.'?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you prepare frog?
2. Describe the basics for weather signs and the different ways they are obtained.
3. Describe the hoop snake.
4. Explain the reasons that hogs were the mountain people's main meat.
5. What is explained about the remedies looked at in 'Home Remedies' before the remedies are given?
6. Describe the joint snake.
7. Describe the directions given for skinning a raccoon.
8. Explain where the expression "That must'a had a dead hog in it" comes from.
9. Explain how cracklin's are made.
10. Explain the process of drying and why it was done.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)