|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What farm animal is rumored to eat snakes?
2. What can be used in place of a churn for quicker results?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) A wash tub.
(c) A jar.
(d) A cake pan.
3. What term do the mountain people use to describe houses, meadows or caves that they will refuse to enter?
(a) Snake like.
(c) Snake infested.
(d) Snake bitten.
4. Which of these wolly worm actions does NOT does not imply there is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Lots of them are seen.
(b) Has a heavy coat.
(c) Is found crawling before the first frost.
(d) Is harder to find.
5. What does Grady Waldroop cut off of the turkey and leave for the old man along with a note?
(a) The head.
(b) A tail feather.
(c) A foot.
(d) A wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the students promise not to print in their interview?
2. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
3. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
4. A person that can heal a burn is said to do what?
5. What is the 'leaf lard?'
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Daniel's story about that he tells the students?
2. Explain where the expression "That must'a had a dead hog in it" comes from.
3. Describe the hoop snake.
4. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
5. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
6. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
7. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
8. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
9. Describe the way the recipes in 'Mountain Recipes' are told.
10. What is the difference between the direction given by Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Philips' method for churning butter and that of Mrs. Norton's?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)