|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'side meat' made into?
(c) Pork chops.
2. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Skin and seeds.
(b) Seeds and any dirt.
(c) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(d) Any bad spots and the skins.
3. What does Aunt Arie burn to keep snakes away?
(a) Snake skins.
(b) Old shoes.
(c) Fresh peach limbs.
4. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
(a) Music books.
(d) Hunting and trapping guides.
5. What does Mrs. Lake Stiles say to do with the rest of the frog after you have cut the legs off?
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Back it in a pie.
(c) Put it on to soak.
(d) Gut it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grady Waldroop cut off of the turkey and leave for the old man along with a note?
2. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
3. A person that can heal a burn is said to do what?
4. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
5. What was Daniel's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
2. Describe the joint snake.
3. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
4. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
5. Explain the process of drying and why it was done.
6. How does Taylor Crockett say that bear meat was divided up?
7. What does Andy Webb say is the difference between when he was younger and when he is an old man in terms of the wildlife hunted?
8. What is Daniel's story about that he tells the students?
9. Describe the directions given for skinning a raccoon.
10. Explain the reasons that hogs were the mountain people's main meat.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)