|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
2. What type of milk should be used when churning butter?
(a) Rich milk, mostly cream.
(b) Skim milk.
(c) Fresh milk.
(d) Butter milk.
3. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Skin and seeds.
(b) Any bad spots and the skins.
(c) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(d) Seeds and any dirt.
4. What farm animal is rumored to eat snakes?
5. How do you cure cramps in your feet?
(a) Turn your shoes upside down before going to bed.
(b) Walk barefoot on a wood fence.
(c) Put a Bible at the foot of the bed.
(d) Put pine leaves in your shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
2. What kind of coals were used for bleaching according to Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison, because they held heat longer and stayed alive longer?
3. What does Minyard Conner say the bear died of in her story?
4. What is a painter as it is referred to by the mountain people interviewed?
5. What do the squirrels do if it is going to be a bad winter?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)