|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
(a) Made it salty.
(b) Made it bitter.
(c) No one ever paid any attention.
(d) Had no effect.
2. What happens to the price of the pelt if you make a bad ear hole on a raccoon?
(a) Goes down by half.
(b) Goes down a dollar.
(c) Depends on the dealer.
(d) Goes down fifty cents.
3. Those who believe in the signs in part base their belief on what?
(a) Radio programs.
4. Which of these wolly worm actions does NOT does not imply there is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Lots of them are seen.
(b) Is found crawling before the first frost.
(c) Is harder to find.
(d) Has a heavy coat.
5. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(b) Skin and seeds.
(c) Any bad spots and the skins.
(d) Seeds and any dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most healers claim will happen if others hear them speak the words that God has given them to speak to heal someone?
2. What do the students say that stories about hunting inevitably turn to?
3. What did the students promise not to print in their interview?
4. When was hog killing generally done?
5. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you prepare frog?
2. Explain the reasons that hogs were the mountain people's main meat.
3. Describe the directions given for skinning a raccoon.
4. What does Andy Webb say is the difference between when he was younger and when he is an old man in terms of the wildlife hunted?
5. Explain the basic differences between curing and smoking.
6. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
7. What different processes are looked at in Preserving Vegetables?
8. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
9. Describe the way the recipes in 'Mountain Recipes' are told.
10. What is the difference between the direction given by Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Philips' method for churning butter and that of Mrs. Norton's?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)