|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
(a) To put on dresses.
2. What does Daniel live in?
(a) A broke down school bus.
(b) Abandoned bread truck.
(c) An Indian tepee.
(d) An old cargo van.
3. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
4. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Change of meat.
(b) Money from the fur.
(c) Thrill of the hunt.
(d) The boom of the gun.
5. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
2. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
3. What type of milk should be used when churning butter?
4. What is it said that a joint snake can do?
5. What is one of the factors that slowed the production and appeal of moonshining?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the direction given by Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Philips' method for churning butter and that of Mrs. Norton's?
2. Describe the joint snake.
3. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
4. How does Taylor Crockett say that bear meat was divided up?
5. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
6. Explain the basic differences between curing and smoking.
7. Describe the story that Bill Lamb tells about why they remove the eyes from the hog's head before cooking it.
8. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
9. Describe the directions given for skinning a raccoon.
10. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)