|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
(a) Music books.
(b) Hunting and trapping guides.
2. Where is the art of moonshining said to have begun?
(a) The hatred of the Britons and their excise tax.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) Prohibition laws.
(d) Revenue officers.
3. What do most healers claim will happen if others hear them speak the words that God has given them to speak to heal someone?
(a) The person listening will go deaf over a period of time.
(b) God will transfer the gift.
(c) God ignores the request to heal the person.
(d) The healer will loose their power.
4. What does the bull snake do that gave it its name?
(a) Blow like a bull when a bull gets mad.
(c) Rakes the ground with it's tail.
(d) Grows horns.
5. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Gives it a good flavor.
(b) Removes the excess blood.
(c) Prepares it for the next step.
(d) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
2. What is it said that a joint snake can do?
3. What does Minyard Conner say the bear died of in her story?
4. What is at the beginning of the chapter titled 'Planting by the Signs?'
5. What does Aunt Nora Garland say she cannot heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the direction given by Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Philips' method for churning butter and that of Mrs. Norton's?
2. How do you prepare frog?
3. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
4. Describe the way the recipes in 'Mountain Recipes' are told.
5. What is explained about the remedies looked at in 'Home Remedies' before the remedies are given?
6. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
7. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
8. Describe the basics for weather signs and the different ways they are obtained.
9. Explain the reasons that hogs were the mountain people's main meat.
10. Explain how cracklin's are made.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)