|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'leaf lard?'
(a) The fat that held the intestines.
(b) The fat on the belly.
(c) The fat on the backbone.
(d) The fat around the neck.
2. What does the sweet potato do to indicate a harsh winter?
(a) Produce very few.
(b) Put's on a winter coat.
(c) Grow a tougher skin.
(d) Produce more heavily.
3. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
(a) Had no effect.
(b) No one ever paid any attention.
(c) Made it salty.
(d) Made it bitter.
4. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) They can easily set out traps.
(b) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
(c) It's a mystery.
(d) They keep enough of their own livestock.
5. What must you remove from the raccoon if you intend to eat it?
(a) His eyes.
(b) Musk glands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
2. Which of these is NOT a way to keep your still hidden?
3. What is 'side meat' made into?
4. What does Grady Waldroop cut off of the turkey and leave for the old man along with a note?
5. What does the bull snake do that gave it its name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is explained about the remedies looked at in 'Home Remedies' before the remedies are given?
2. How does Taylor Crockett say that bear meat was divided up?
3. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
4. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
5. Describe the directions given for skinning a raccoon.
6. What is the difference between the direction given by Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Philips' method for churning butter and that of Mrs. Norton's?
7. What does Andy Webb say is the difference between when he was younger and when he is an old man in terms of the wildlife hunted?
8. Describe the joint snake.
9. What is Daniel's story about that he tells the students?
10. How do you prepare frog?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)