|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel live in?
(a) An Indian tepee.
(b) A broke down school bus.
(c) Abandoned bread truck.
(d) An old cargo van.
2. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
3. A person that can heal a burn is said to do what?
(a) A dance.
(b) Draw out the devil.
(c) Replace the skin.
(d) Draw out the fire.
4. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
(b) Prepares it for the next step.
(c) Removes the excess blood.
(d) Gives it a good flavor.
5. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the art of moonshining said to have begun?
2. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
3. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
4. What is it said that a joint snake can do?
5. What farm animal is rumored to eat snakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Daniel's home and how Daniel is described.
2. How do you prepare frog?
3. Explain basically how moonshining began.
4. Describe the basics for weather signs and the different ways they are obtained.
5. Explain where the expression "That must'a had a dead hog in it" comes from.
6. How does Taylor Crockett say that bear meat was divided up?
7. Describe the directions given for skinning a raccoon.
8. What does Andy Webb say is the difference between when he was younger and when he is an old man in terms of the wildlife hunted?
9. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
10. Explain how cracklin's are made.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)