|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
2. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
(a) The dark.
3. Where are many of the mountain men descended from?
(d) Outcast Britains.
4. What does Minyard Conner say the bear died of in her story?
(a) Hung itself.
(b) Shot in the head.
(c) Must have been sick.
(d) Was scared to death.
5. What can you do with deer meat?
(a) Cure it.
(b) Smoke it.
(c) Eat it raw.
(d) Put it in souse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
2. What term do the mountain people use to describe houses, meadows or caves that they will refuse to enter?
3. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
4. What is 'side meat' made into?
5. What is the liquid left in the churn after the butter has been made called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how cracklin's are made.
2. What is explained about the remedies looked at in 'Home Remedies' before the remedies are given?
3. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
4. Explain the reasons that mountain men hunted.
5. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
6. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
7. Describe the hoop snake.
8. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
9. Explain the reasons that hogs were the mountain people's main meat.
10. Describe the basics for weather signs and the different ways they are obtained.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)