|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'side meat' made into?
(d) Pork chops.
2. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
3. How do you cure cramps in your feet?
(a) Put a Bible at the foot of the bed.
(b) Turn your shoes upside down before going to bed.
(c) Put pine leaves in your shoes.
(d) Walk barefoot on a wood fence.
4. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(a) Soup beans.
(d) Black eyed peas.
5. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) They can easily set out traps.
(b) It's a mystery.
(c) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
(d) They keep enough of their own livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the price of the pelt if you make a bad ear hole on a raccoon?
2. What does Aunt Nora Garland say she cannot heal?
3. What is said to have been the prime source of meat for the early family in the mountains?
4. What does the soaking do to the meat?
5. What type of milk should be used when churning butter?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)