|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
(a) When she was grown.
(b) She has never seen a real mattress.
(c) When she was about ten or twelve.
(d) When her daughter got married.
2. How were things fried?
(a) Hot coals were raked onto the hearth and the pan put on it.
(b) Depended on the meat.
(c) The pan was put into the middle of the fire.
(d) The pan was suspended on a metal frame 3-5 inches above.
3. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
(a) Chicken grease.
(b) Hog grease.
(c) Whatever she has on hand.
(d) Mutton tallow.
4. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
(a) Back of the People Magazine.
(b) Small piece of paper.
(c) Cardboard Box.
5. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
2. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
3. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
4. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
5. What is NOT included in the article 'Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on?'
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the mallet and maul described in 'Tools and Skills.'
2. What is explained to the reader about picking the correct timber for making white oak splits?
3. What are some of the things that Lon is noted for doing?
4. What kind of information is to go into the Foxfire magazine?
5. Describe what is explained about Chinking.
6. How is Beulah's house described?
7. In the chapter entitled "Aunt Arie", what does the author suggest might be the reasons for the void between youth and the older generations which the author felt?
8. Describe the events that surround the first time Mrs. Watts sees a car.
9. Describe the Friendship Quilt.
10. What are the uses for wood as it is described in the first chapter of the section titled "Wood?"
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)