|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
(a) As a set of instructions.
(b) As a blue print.
(c) As a easily understood story.
(d) With detailed explanations.
2. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) An entire summer.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A full year.
(d) Six months.
3. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Blind due to cataracts.
(b) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(c) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(d) Deaf due to fever.
4. How were things fried?
(a) The pan was suspended on a metal frame 3-5 inches above.
(b) Hot coals were raked onto the hearth and the pan put on it.
(c) Depended on the meat.
(d) The pan was put into the middle of the fire.
5. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
(a) One Month.
(b) One Week.
(c) Six Months.
(d) They never sell out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
2. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
3. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
4. What is NOT needed for hewing?
5. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harley Carpenter say about faith healing?
2. Explain basically how moonshining began.
3. Describe the story that Bill Lamb tells about why they remove the eyes from the hog's head before cooking it.
4. Where do the students go to find a rope bed?
5. Describe the Friendship Quilt.
6. Describe what is explained about Chinking.
7. What instructions does Aunt Arie give about making souse meat?
8. What is Daniel's story about that he tells the students?
9. Explain the basic differences between curing and smoking.
10. Explain the reasons that hogs were the mountain people's main meat.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)