|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Making the splits long enough.
(b) Making clean cuts.
(c) Making each split even.
(d) Picking the correct timber.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new roof.
(b) A new hog pen.
(c) A toilet.
(d) A sink.
3. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Lack of trees.
(b) Trend toward an easier life.
(c) Desire for unique looking houses.
(d) European influence.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(a) Animal Hide.
(d) Animal Bones.
5. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
(a) They Lost Count.
(b) Six Hundred.
(c) A Thousand.
(d) Two Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the Foxfire magazine's purpose started out being when they looked into writing about quilts?
2. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
3. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
4. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
5. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the uses for wood as it is described in the first chapter of the section titled "Wood?"
2. In the chapter entitled "Aunt Arie", what does the author suggest might be the reasons for the void between youth and the older generations which the author felt?
3. Where do the students go to find a rope bed?
4. What are the students responsible for doing for the magazine?
5. How are Dutch Ovens used?
6. How does Mrs. Watts describe Christmas and the children's reactions to their gifts?
7. What information is given in 'An Old Chair Maker Shows How?'
8. How are the instructions divided up in the chapter titled 'Building a Log Cabin?'
9. Describe the differences between using the fire in the winter and in the warmer months.
10. What are a few of the tales that are told about Chimneys from those interviewed in 'Chimney Building?'
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)