|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
2. What do the students say that quilting patterns are like?
(b) Family stories.
(c) Folk lore and legends.
3. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(a) Yarn Pastor.
(b) Mommy and Poppy.
4. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
(a) National Geographic.
5. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
(a) It depends on the ingredients used.
(b) It is almost clear.
(c) It is always a darker color.
(d) It never came out looking the same twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
3. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
4. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
5. What is crucial when making splits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie tell the students about her parents?
2. How are the mallet and maul described in 'Tools and Skills.'
3. Describe how the article "This is the Way I was Raised Up" was written.
4. Why do the students realize that it would be impossible to give a set a blue prints for each cabin?
5. What are a few of the tales that are told about Chimneys from those interviewed in 'Chimney Building?'
6. What are the uses for wood as it is described in the first chapter of the section titled "Wood?"
7. What are some of the things that Lon is noted for doing?
8. In the chapter entitled "Aunt Arie", what does the author suggest might be the reasons for the void between youth and the older generations which the author felt?
9. What does the last paragraph in the section titled 'Wood' say about wood and the mountain men?
10. Describe the Friendship Quilt.
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)