|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Foxfire established?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Grind them up in the sausage.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Use them to make jelly.
3. What do the Friendship Quilts typically have stitched on them?
(a) A verse from the Bible.
(b) A name for the person whom the quilt would be given.
(c) The names of those quilting.
(d) The date the quilt was created.
4. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
(a) Back of the People Magazine.
(c) Cardboard Box.
(d) Small piece of paper.
5. What is the fireplace once said to have been?
(a) What brought families together.
(b) Something that was often overlooked.
(c) The very center of home life.
(d) A fanciful thing that people desired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
2. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
3. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
4. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
5. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Emma Jean sees when she sits in on a quilting circle and what the women tell her about the quilting circles.
2. What are some of the things that Lon is noted for doing?
3. What do the different women interviewed have to say about making the soap?
4. Describe what a 'rope bed' is.
5. Where do the students go to find a rope bed?
6. How are the instructions divided up in the chapter titled 'Building a Log Cabin?'
7. What are the students responsible for doing for the magazine?
8. What does Wigginton say is part of the Foxfire magazine although proper English is not a concern?
9. How does Mrs. Watts describe Christmas and the children's reactions to their gifts?
10. Describe what Aunt Arie tells the students about doing things they are ashamed of?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)