|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fireplace once said to have been?
(a) The very center of home life.
(b) A fanciful thing that people desired.
(c) Something that was often overlooked.
(d) What brought families together.
2. What year was Foxfire established?
3. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(b) They were pleased.
(c) They were too sick to enjoy them.
(d) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
4. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
(a) One Week.
(b) Six Months.
(c) One Month.
(d) They never sell out.
5. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
3. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
4. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
5. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the instructions divided up in the chapter titled 'Building a Log Cabin?'
2. Describe the Friendship Quilt.
3. Explain how the Watt's family lived.
4. Where do the students go to find a rope bed?
5. What skills and tools are told about for building a log cabin?
6. Describe what a 'rope bed' is.
7. Explain why the Foxfire magazine is originally started?
8. Why do the students realize that it would be impossible to give a set a blue prints for each cabin?
9. How are Dutch Ovens used?
10. What does Aunt Arie tell the students about her parents?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)