|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students say that quilting patterns are like?
(b) Family stories.
(d) Folk lore and legends.
2. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Build a fire.
(b) Kill a snake.
(c) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
(d) Gut a chicken.
3. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) A Hobby
(b) Pride in Thier Community.
(c) Inventive Teaching.
(d) Parent Involvement.
4. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
(a) Back of the People Magazine.
(c) Cardboard Box.
(d) Small piece of paper.
5. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
2. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
3. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
4. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what a 'rope bed' is.
2. What are the students responsible for doing for the magazine?
3. Where do the students go to find a rope bed?
4. What do the different women interviewed have to say about making the soap?
5. How is Beulah's house described?
6. Explain how the Watt's family lived.
7. What are a few of the tales that are told about Chimneys from those interviewed in 'Chimney Building?'
8. Describe the Friendship Quilt.
9. What are some of the things that Lon is noted for doing?
10. Explain why the Foxfire magazine is originally started?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)