Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
(a) Kentucky Plains.
(b) Ozark Mountains.
(c) Appalachian Mountains.
(d) Mississippi River.
2. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
(a) As a reward for good behavior.
(b) Her father didn't believe in killing something for no reason.
(c) They wondered what it tasted like.
(d) Because they were hungry.
3. What is the fireplace once said to have been?
(a) Something that was often overlooked.
(b) What brought families together.
(c) The very center of home life.
(d) A fanciful thing that people desired.
4. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(a) Carnival Worker.
(d) High School Teacher.
5. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
2. What is done to the Dutch Oven before cooking with it?
3. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
4. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story that Bill Lamb tells about why they remove the eyes from the hog's head before cooking it.
2. In the beginning of the chapter 'Hunting Tales' what do the beginning chapters explain?
3. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
4. How does Mrs. Watts describe Christmas and the children's reactions to their gifts?
5. Describe how the article "This is the Way I was Raised Up" was written.
6. Describe the differences between using the fire in the winter and in the warmer months.
7. Why do the students realize that it would be impossible to give a set a blue prints for each cabin?
8. How are Dutch Ovens used?
9. How does Taylor Crockett say that bear meat was divided up?
10. What does Mrs. Andy Webb explain about her gift.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)