|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) One Mile.
(b) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(c) Five Miles.
(d) She was too little to recal how far.
2. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) When her brother's got married.
(b) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(c) When her parents died.
(d) The first car her family ever saw.
3. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) A full year.
(b) An entire summer.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
4. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(b) Carnival Worker.
(d) High School Teacher.
5. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
2. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
3. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
4. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
5. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the differences between using the fire in the winter and in the warmer months.
2. What is Daniel's story about that he tells the students?
3. Describe the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog.'
4. How are Dutch Ovens used?
5. How is Beulah's house described?
6. What does Wigginton say is part of the Foxfire magazine although proper English is not a concern?
7. Explain the basic differences between curing and smoking.
8. What are the students responsible for doing for the magazine?
9. Describe what kind of interviews that were done for the section on 'Planting by the Signs.'
10. What skills and tools are told about for building a log cabin?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)