|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
(a) Three pieces of candy and an orange.
(b) An apple and a bag of marbles.
(c) Pig tails and a lump of coal.
(d) A candy bar and some new socks.
2. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Tools and faith.
(b) Love and hope.
(c) Knowledge and determination.
(d) Tools and igenuity.
3. How long does it take to produce coals?
(a) Three hours.
(b) You have to check the fire periodically.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) An hour.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Grind them up in the sausage.
(b) Use them to make jelly.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Put them in a soup.
5. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
(a) It took a year to build.
(b) It lasted one winter and fell appart.
(c) It'd smoke apossum out'a th' house.
(d) A tornado took it a week after it was built.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
2. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
3. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
4. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
5. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that Lon is noted for doing?
2. What information is given in 'An Old Chair Maker Shows How?'
3. Describe the events that surround the first time Mrs. Watts sees a car.
4. How are the mallet and maul described in 'Tools and Skills.'
5. What kind of questions do the girls ask Pearl Martin?
6. Why do the students realize that it would be impossible to give a set a blue prints for each cabin?
7. Explain why the Foxfire magazine is originally started?
8. What do the different women interviewed have to say about making the soap?
9. What are the uses for wood as it is described in the first chapter of the section titled "Wood?"
10. How are Dutch Ovens used?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)