Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
2. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
(d) To put on dresses.
3. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
(a) They are skeptical.
(b) They have absolutely no opinion about it.
(c) They want badly for it too work.
(d) They don't believe in it.
4. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
5. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
6. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
(a) Made it bitter.
(b) Made it salty.
(c) No one ever paid any attention.
(d) Had no effect.
7. What does the healer, Charley Tyler, say causes Thrush?
(a) Condemnation from God.
(b) Letting the child put somethin dirty in his mouth.
(c) Letting the child be dirty too long.
(d) A cat in the house.
8. What sometimes falls into the mash and drowns?
(c) Free range hogs.
9. What does the sweet potato do to indicate a harsh winter?
(a) Produce more heavily.
(b) Grow a tougher skin.
(c) Put's on a winter coat.
(d) Produce very few.
10. What does the bull snake do that gave it its name?
(a) Blow like a bull when a bull gets mad.
(b) Rakes the ground with it's tail.
(d) Grows horns.
11. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
(a) No such thing as good hominy.
(b) Small grain white corn.
(c) Big grain white corn.
(d) Big grain yellow corn.
12. What can you do with deer meat?
(a) Eat it raw.
(b) Put it in souse.
(c) Cure it.
(d) Smoke it.
13. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(b) Any bad spots and the skins.
(c) Skin and seeds.
(d) Seeds and any dirt.
14. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
15. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
2. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
3. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
4. Which of these childhood illnesses was looked at in terms of faith healing?
5. A person that can heal a burn is said to do what?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)