|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
(a) They have absolutely no opinion about it.
(b) They are skeptical.
(c) They don't believe in it.
(d) They want badly for it too work.
2. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
3. What is it said that a joint snake can do?
(a) Bend itslef into severl 90 degree angles.
(b) Anywhere they bite you your closest joint bends permenently.
(d) Be broken into pieces and grow back together.
4. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(b) Soup beans.
(d) Black eyed peas.
5. What does Aunt Arie burn to keep snakes away?
(b) Fresh peach limbs.
(c) Old shoes.
(d) Snake skins.
6. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
(a) Put it in a dutch oven.
(b) Lay it out to dry.
(c) Run it through a food chopper.
(d) Salt it.
7. What is the 'leaf lard?'
(a) The fat on the belly.
(b) The fat around the neck.
(c) The fat on the backbone.
(d) The fat that held the intestines.
8. Where are many of the mountain men descended from?
(d) Outcast Britains.
9. What do the students say that stories about hunting inevitably turn to?
(a) Hunting tales.
(b) How their parents taught them to hunt.
(c) Tales about dogs.
10. A person that can heal a burn is said to do what?
(a) Replace the skin.
(b) Draw out the fire.
(c) A dance.
(d) Draw out the devil.
11. Which of these childhood illnesses was looked at in terms of faith healing?
(d) Chicken pox.
12. What term do the mountain people use to describe houses, meadows or caves that they will refuse to enter?
(b) Snake like.
(c) Snake bitten.
(d) Snake infested.
13. What do the squirrels do if it is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Begin to get sick.
(b) Gather nuts late.
(c) Gather nuts early.
(d) Fight each other for food.
14. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
15. What farm animal is rumored to eat snakes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
2. What instrument does Daniel play?
3. The number of days old the moon is at the first snow tells what?
4. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
5. What type of milk should be used when churning butter?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)