|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
(a) An old modified tin whistle.
(b) Piece of hollowed out wood.
(c) White Oak.
(d) Cown horn.
2. What happens to the price of the pelt if you make a bad ear hole on a raccoon?
(a) Goes down a dollar.
(b) Depends on the dealer.
(c) Goes down fifty cents.
(d) Goes down by half.
3. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
4. The number of days old the moon is at the first snow tells what?
(a) How many inches of snow there will be that month.
(b) How many snows there will be that winter.
(c) How long the snow will stay on the ground.
(d) How many days till the next snow.
5. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
6. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
7. Which of these childhood illnesses was looked at in terms of faith healing?
(d) Chicken pox.
8. What is said to have been the prime source of meat for the early family in the mountains?
9. When was hog killing generally done?
(a) Whenever the farmer got hungry.
(b) Late November.
(c) Whenever the hog got fat.
10. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
(b) Music books.
(d) Hunting and trapping guides.
11. What can you do with deer meat?
(a) Put it in souse.
(b) Cure it.
(c) Eat it raw.
(d) Smoke it.
12. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Any bad spots and the skins.
(b) Skin and seeds.
(c) Seeds and any dirt.
(d) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
13. What sometimes falls into the mash and drowns?
(a) Free range hogs.
14. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
15. What was Daniel's job?
(a) To keep watch on timber fields.
(b) Watch over the fish hatchery.
(c) He was unemployed.
(d) To keep track of wild birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
2. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
3. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
4. What do the squirrels do if it is going to be a bad winter?
5. What does the sweet potato do to indicate a harsh winter?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)