|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these wolly worm actions does NOT does not imply there is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Has a heavy coat.
(b) Lots of them are seen.
(c) Is harder to find.
(d) Is found crawling before the first frost.
2. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Money from the fur.
(b) Change of meat.
(c) The boom of the gun.
(d) Thrill of the hunt.
3. The number of days old the moon is at the first snow tells what?
(a) How many days till the next snow.
(b) How many inches of snow there will be that month.
(c) How long the snow will stay on the ground.
(d) How many snows there will be that winter.
4. What does Aunt Arie burn to keep snakes away?
(a) Snake skins.
(c) Old shoes.
(d) Fresh peach limbs.
5. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
6. What does Daniel live in?
(a) An old cargo van.
(b) Abandoned bread truck.
(c) An Indian tepee.
(d) A broke down school bus.
7. Which of the following was said to cure asthma?
(a) Tie maple leaves in your hair and leave them.
(b) Suck salty water up your nose.
(c) Avoid any food that was picked or killed in a month with an R.
(d) Sleep in the dog's bed.
8. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
(a) Cown horn.
(b) Piece of hollowed out wood.
(c) An old modified tin whistle.
(d) White Oak.
9. What is the liquid left in the churn after the butter has been made called?
(b) Skim milk.
10. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
(a) Spider web and dirt.
(b) Red clay.
(c) Salt water and baccon grease.
(d) Ashes and lye.
11. What does Scrapple taste like according to Mrs. Mann Norton?
12. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
(d) The dark.
13. What sometimes falls into the mash and drowns?
(c) Free range hogs.
14. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Removes the excess blood.
(b) Gives it a good flavor.
(c) Prepares it for the next step.
(d) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
15. When was hog killing generally done?
(b) Late November.
(c) Whenever the hog got fat.
(d) Whenever the farmer got hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
2. How long should the carcass of a possum be soaked before cooking to eat?
3. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
4. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
5. What do the students say that stories about hunting inevitably turn to?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)