|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students say that stories about hunting inevitably turn to?
(a) How their parents taught them to hunt.
(b) Hunting tales.
(d) Tales about dogs.
2. What do most healers claim will happen if others hear them speak the words that God has given them to speak to heal someone?
(a) God will transfer the gift.
(b) The person listening will go deaf over a period of time.
(c) The healer will loose their power.
(d) God ignores the request to heal the person.
3. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(b) Seeds and any dirt.
(c) Any bad spots and the skins.
(d) Skin and seeds.
4. What does the healer, Charley Tyler, say causes Thrush?
(a) Condemnation from God.
(b) Letting the child put somethin dirty in his mouth.
(c) A cat in the house.
(d) Letting the child be dirty too long.
5. Who tells the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog?'
(a) Tom Cruise.
(b) Mrs. Norton.
(c) Pearl Martin.
(d) Bill Lamb.
6. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
7. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
8. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
(a) Salt water and baccon grease.
(b) Ashes and lye.
(c) Spider web and dirt.
(d) Red clay.
9. What do the squirrels do if it is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Fight each other for food.
(b) Gather nuts late.
(c) Begin to get sick.
(d) Gather nuts early.
10. What sometimes falls into the mash and drowns?
(c) Free range hogs.
11. How long should the carcass of a possum be soaked before cooking to eat?
(a) Forty-eight hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Doesn't have to be soaked.
(d) At least overnight.
12. What term do the mountain people use to describe houses, meadows or caves that they will refuse to enter?
(a) Snake bitten.
(b) Snake infested.
(c) Snake like.
13. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
14. What does the bull snake do that gave it its name?
(a) Blow like a bull when a bull gets mad.
(b) Grows horns.
(d) Rakes the ground with it's tail.
15. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
(a) Farm dog.
(b) Plantation dog.
(c) Cattle dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
2. What happens to the price of the pelt if you make a bad ear hole on a raccoon?
3. Those who believe in the signs in part base their belief on what?
4. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
5. What is a painter as it is referred to by the mountain people interviewed?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)