|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lake Stiles say to do with the rest of the frog after you have cut the legs off?
(a) Gut it.
(b) Back it in a pie.
(c) Throw it away.
(d) Put it on to soak.
2. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
3. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
(a) A crooked politician.
(b) An outhouse.
(c) Rotton hog meat.
4. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Prepares it for the next step.
(b) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
(c) Removes the excess blood.
(d) Gives it a good flavor.
5. What can be used in place of a churn for quicker results?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) A jar.
(c) A cake pan.
(d) A wash tub.
6. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
7. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
8. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(c) Black eyed peas.
(d) Soup beans.
9. What term do the mountain people use to describe houses, meadows or caves that they will refuse to enter?
(a) Snake bitten.
(b) Snake infested.
(c) Snake like.
10. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
11. What is 'side meat' made into?
(d) Pork chops.
12. What must you remove from the raccoon if you intend to eat it?
(c) Musk glands.
(d) His eyes.
13. What is a painter as it is referred to by the mountain people interviewed?
(a) A creature of legend.
(b) A large mountain lion.
(c) A panther.
(d) A person who paints houses.
14. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
(c) To put on dresses.
15. What did the students promise not to print in their interview?
(a) Prison records.
(d) Still locations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
2. What instrument does Daniel play?
3. How does a coachwhip snake kill animals?
4. What does Aunt Nora Garland say she cannot heal?
5. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)