|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these wolly worm actions does NOT does not imply there is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Lots of them are seen.
(b) Has a heavy coat.
(c) Is harder to find.
(d) Is found crawling before the first frost.
2. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
(b) A crooked politician.
(c) Rotton hog meat.
(d) An outhouse.
3. What does Mrs. Lake Stiles say to do with the rest of the frog after you have cut the legs off?
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Gut it.
(c) Back it in a pie.
(d) Put it on to soak.
4. The number of days old the moon is at the first snow tells what?
(a) How many days till the next snow.
(b) How long the snow will stay on the ground.
(c) How many snows there will be that winter.
(d) How many inches of snow there will be that month.
5. What can you do with deer meat?
(a) Put it in souse.
(b) Eat it raw.
(c) Cure it.
(d) Smoke it.
6. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
(a) Salt water and baccon grease.
(b) Ashes and lye.
(c) Spider web and dirt.
(d) Red clay.
7. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
8. Which of the following is NOT a name for Souse?
(b) Pressed hog's head.
(c) Souse meat.
(d) Hog eye.
9. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) They keep enough of their own livestock.
(b) It's a mystery.
(c) They can easily set out traps.
(d) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
10. What do the students say that stories about hunting inevitably turn to?
(a) Tales about dogs.
(c) Hunting tales.
(d) How their parents taught them to hunt.
11. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
12. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
(b) The dark.
13. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Skin and seeds.
(b) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(c) Any bad spots and the skins.
(d) Seeds and any dirt.
14. What kind of coals were used for bleaching according to Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison, because they held heat longer and stayed alive longer?
(a) White Oak.
15. What is often mixed with hog brains when being cooked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
2. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
3. Those who believe in the signs in part base their belief on what?
4. What does a hunter mean when he says 'I cut him down.'?
5. What does Aunt Nora Garland say she cannot heal?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)