|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most healers claim will happen if others hear them speak the words that God has given them to speak to heal someone?
(a) God ignores the request to heal the person.
(b) The healer will loose their power.
(c) God will transfer the gift.
(d) The person listening will go deaf over a period of time.
2. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
(a) White Oak.
(b) Piece of hollowed out wood.
(c) An old modified tin whistle.
(d) Cown horn.
3. What must you remove from the raccoon if you intend to eat it?
(a) His eyes.
(b) Musk glands.
4. What does a hunter mean when he says 'I cut him down.'?
(a) That he cut down the tree.
(b) That he opened fire.
(c) That he insulted the creature badly.
(d) That he cut the animal down after skinning it.
5. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
(d) To put on dresses.
6. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
7. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
(b) They can easily set out traps.
(c) They keep enough of their own livestock.
(d) It's a mystery.
8. What is the liquid left in the churn after the butter has been made called?
(d) Skim milk.
9. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
(b) An outhouse.
(c) Rotton hog meat.
(d) A crooked politician.
10. What does Aunt Arie burn to keep snakes away?
(a) Old shoes.
(b) Snake skins.
(d) Fresh peach limbs.
11. What was Daniel's job?
(a) To keep watch on timber fields.
(b) He was unemployed.
(c) Watch over the fish hatchery.
(d) To keep track of wild birds.
12. What instrument does Daniel play?
13. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Thrill of the hunt.
(b) Money from the fur.
(c) Change of meat.
(d) The boom of the gun.
14. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
(b) Prepares it for the next step.
(c) Removes the excess blood.
(d) Gives it a good flavor.
15. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
2. Which of these childhood illnesses was looked at in terms of faith healing?
3. Those who believe in the signs in part base their belief on what?
4. What does the sweet potato do to indicate a harsh winter?
5. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)