|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scrapple taste like according to Mrs. Mann Norton?
2. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
(a) Ashes and lye.
(b) Spider web and dirt.
(c) Salt water and baccon grease.
(d) Red clay.
3. What was Daniel's job?
(a) He was unemployed.
(b) To keep watch on timber fields.
(c) Watch over the fish hatchery.
(d) To keep track of wild birds.
4. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
(a) Salt it.
(b) Put it in a dutch oven.
(c) Lay it out to dry.
(d) Run it through a food chopper.
5. What can you do with deer meat?
(a) Eat it raw.
(b) Cure it.
(c) Smoke it.
(d) Put it in souse.
6. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
(a) They want badly for it too work.
(b) They don't believe in it.
(c) They have absolutely no opinion about it.
(d) They are skeptical.
7. What is the 'leaf lard?'
(a) The fat on the belly.
(b) The fat around the neck.
(c) The fat on the backbone.
(d) The fat that held the intestines.
8. What is it said that a joint snake can do?
(a) Bend itslef into severl 90 degree angles.
(b) Anywhere they bite you your closest joint bends permenently.
(d) Be broken into pieces and grow back together.
9. What do the squirrels do if it is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Begin to get sick.
(b) Gather nuts late.
(c) Fight each other for food.
(d) Gather nuts early.
10. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Money from the fur.
(b) Thrill of the hunt.
(c) The boom of the gun.
(d) Change of meat.
11. What term do the mountain people use to describe houses, meadows or caves that they will refuse to enter?
(b) Snake bitten.
(c) Snake infested.
(d) Snake like.
12. What did the students promise not to print in their interview?
(b) Prison records.
(d) Still locations.
13. What sometimes falls into the mash and drowns?
(d) Free range hogs.
14. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
(a) Made it bitter.
(b) Made it salty.
(c) No one ever paid any attention.
(d) Had no effect.
15. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
2. What must you remove from the raccoon if you intend to eat it?
3. What is often mixed with hog brains when being cooked?
4. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
5. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)