|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
(a) Cown horn.
(b) Piece of hollowed out wood.
(c) White Oak.
(d) An old modified tin whistle.
2. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Skin and seeds.
(b) Any bad spots and the skins.
(c) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(d) Seeds and any dirt.
3. Which of these wolly worm actions does NOT does not imply there is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Has a heavy coat.
(b) Lots of them are seen.
(c) Is found crawling before the first frost.
(d) Is harder to find.
4. Which of the following was said to cure asthma?
(a) Sleep in the dog's bed.
(b) Suck salty water up your nose.
(c) Tie maple leaves in your hair and leave them.
(d) Avoid any food that was picked or killed in a month with an R.
5. Which of the following is NOT a name for Souse?
(b) Hog eye.
(c) Pressed hog's head.
(d) Souse meat.
6. What term do the mountain people use to describe houses, meadows or caves that they will refuse to enter?
(a) Snake bitten.
(b) Snake like.
(d) Snake infested.
7. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
(a) Big grain yellow corn.
(b) Small grain white corn.
(c) Big grain white corn.
(d) No such thing as good hominy.
8. What is one of the factors that slowed the production and appeal of moonshining?
(a) Modern medicine.
(b) People realizes it was wrong to be drunk.
(c) Heavier law enforcement.
(d) Stop of prohibition.
9. What does the bull snake do that gave it its name?
(a) Grows horns.
(b) Rakes the ground with it's tail.
(d) Blow like a bull when a bull gets mad.
10. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
11. What is the liquid left in the churn after the butter has been made called?
(b) Skim milk.
12. What is it said that a joint snake can do?
(a) Anywhere they bite you your closest joint bends permenently.
(c) Be broken into pieces and grow back together.
(d) Bend itslef into severl 90 degree angles.
13. Where is the art of moonshining said to have begun?
(a) No one is sure.
(b) Prohibition laws.
(c) Revenue officers.
(d) The hatred of the Britons and their excise tax.
14. What is a painter as it is referred to by the mountain people interviewed?
(a) A person who paints houses.
(b) A creature of legend.
(c) A large mountain lion.
(d) A panther.
15. What does Aunt Nora Garland say she cannot heal?
(a) Draw out fire.
(d) Removing warts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are many of the mountain men descended from?
2. Those who believe in the signs in part base their belief on what?
3. Which of these is NOT a way to keep your still hidden?
4. What was Daniel's job?
5. What farm animal is rumored to eat snakes?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)