|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
(c) Hunting and trapping guides.
(d) Music books.
2. What does Aunt Nora Garland say she cannot heal?
(b) Draw out fire.
(c) Removing warts.
3. What is said to have been the prime source of meat for the early family in the mountains?
4. Where are many of the mountain men descended from?
(c) Outcast Britains.
5. Those who believe in the signs in part base their belief on what?
(c) Radio programs.
6. What does Grady Waldroop cut off of the turkey and leave for the old man along with a note?
(a) The head.
(b) A wing.
(c) A tail feather.
(d) A foot.
7. What does the bull snake do that gave it its name?
(a) Rakes the ground with it's tail.
(b) Blow like a bull when a bull gets mad.
(c) Grows horns.
8. Which of the following is NOT a name for Souse?
(a) Souse meat.
(b) Pressed hog's head.
(d) Hog eye.
9. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
10. What did the students promise not to print in their interview?
(a) Prison records.
(c) Still locations.
11. Which of following is NOT a remedy for arthritis.
(a) Whip your face with a rabbit's foot.
(b) Drink a honey, vinegar and moonshine mixutre.
(c) Use a magnet to draw it out of your body.
(d) Make tea from alfalfa seeds or leaves.
12. What is one of the factors that slowed the production and appeal of moonshining?
(a) Stop of prohibition.
(b) Heavier law enforcement.
(c) Modern medicine.
(d) People realizes it was wrong to be drunk.
13. What instrument does Daniel play?
14. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
(a) Ketch dogs.
(c) Cattle dogs.
(d) Ham dogs.
15. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
(a) No such thing as good hominy.
(b) Big grain white corn.
(c) Small grain white corn.
(d) Big grain yellow corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the healer, Charley Tyler, say causes Thrush?
2. What does Scrapple taste like according to Mrs. Mann Norton?
3. What was Daniel's job?
4. How do you cure cramps in your feet?
5. A person that can heal a burn is said to do what?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)