|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
(a) Hunting and trapping guides.
(c) Music books.
2. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Skin and seeds.
(b) Any bad spots and the skins.
(c) Seeds and any dirt.
(d) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
3. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
(b) It's a mystery.
(c) They can easily set out traps.
(d) They keep enough of their own livestock.
4. What did the students promise not to print in their interview?
(b) Still locations.
(d) Prison records.
5. Which of the following is NOT a name for Souse?
(a) Pressed hog's head.
(b) Hog eye.
(c) Souse meat.
6. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
7. The number of days old the moon is at the first snow tells what?
(a) How many inches of snow there will be that month.
(b) How many snows there will be that winter.
(c) How many days till the next snow.
(d) How long the snow will stay on the ground.
8. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
9. What does Scrapple taste like according to Mrs. Mann Norton?
10. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Thrill of the hunt.
(b) Change of meat.
(c) The boom of the gun.
(d) Money from the fur.
11. How does a coachwhip snake kill animals?
(a) Wriggling into the ear canal.
(c) Wraps around them and whips them so that they run to death.
(d) Causing madness.
12. What do the students write the 'Faith Healing ' chapter admit in reference to their own beliefs about faith healing?
(a) They are skeptical.
(b) They have absolutely no opinion about it.
(c) They want badly for it too work.
(d) They don't believe in it.
13. Which of these wolly worm actions does NOT does not imply there is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Is harder to find.
(b) Has a heavy coat.
(c) Is found crawling before the first frost.
(d) Lots of them are seen.
14. Where is the art of moonshining said to have begun?
(a) The hatred of the Britons and their excise tax.
(b) Revenue officers.
(c) No one is sure.
(d) Prohibition laws.
15. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
(a) An old modified tin whistle.
(b) White Oak.
(c) Piece of hollowed out wood.
(d) Cown horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
2. Those who believe in the signs in part base their belief on what?
3. What does a hunter mean when he says 'I cut him down.'?
4. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
5. Which of these childhood illnesses was looked at in terms of faith healing?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)