|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the healer, Charley Tyler, say causes Thrush?
(a) Condemnation from God.
(b) Letting the child be dirty too long.
(c) Letting the child put somethin dirty in his mouth.
(d) A cat in the house.
2. Which of these childhood illnesses was looked at in terms of faith healing?
(b) Chicken pox.
3. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
(a) Red clay.
(b) Spider web and dirt.
(c) Salt water and baccon grease.
(d) Ashes and lye.
4. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
5. What does Aunt Nora Garland say she cannot heal?
(a) Removing warts.
(c) Draw out fire.
6. What does Lon Reid say that his family used the wings of the turkey for?
(a) To put on dresses.
7. How does a coachwhip snake kill animals?
(a) Wriggling into the ear canal.
(b) Causing madness.
(d) Wraps around them and whips them so that they run to death.
8. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
9. What is 'side meat' made into?
(c) Pork chops.
10. What is it said that a joint snake can do?
(b) Bend itslef into severl 90 degree angles.
(c) Be broken into pieces and grow back together.
(d) Anywhere they bite you your closest joint bends permenently.
11. What does Daniel live in?
(a) An old cargo van.
(b) A broke down school bus.
(c) Abandoned bread truck.
(d) An Indian tepee.
12. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
(a) Lay it out to dry.
(b) Put it in a dutch oven.
(c) Salt it.
(d) Run it through a food chopper.
13. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(a) Black eyed peas.
(c) Soup beans.
14. Which of these wolly worm actions does NOT does not imply there is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Lots of them are seen.
(b) Has a heavy coat.
(c) Is found crawling before the first frost.
(d) Is harder to find.
15. What does the bull snake do that gave it its name?
(a) Blow like a bull when a bull gets mad.
(b) Rakes the ground with it's tail.
(c) Grows horns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you cut out of the hog's head before making souse and is one of the only things on the hog's head not used in souse?
2. What can you do with deer meat?
3. What does Scrapple taste like according to Mrs. Mann Norton?
4. A person that can heal a burn is said to do what?
5. What is one of the factors that slowed the production and appeal of moonshining?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)