|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
2. What is it said that a joint snake can do?
(a) Be broken into pieces and grow back together.
(b) Bend itslef into severl 90 degree angles.
(c) Anywhere they bite you your closest joint bends permenently.
3. What farm animal is rumored to eat snakes?
4. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
(c) Hunting and trapping guides.
(d) Music books.
5. Where is the art of moonshining said to have begun?
(a) The hatred of the Britons and their excise tax.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) Revenue officers.
(d) Prohibition laws.
6. When was hog killing generally done?
(b) Whenever the farmer got hungry.
(c) Late November.
(d) Whenever the hog got fat.
7. What do the students say that stories about hunting inevitably turn to?
(a) How their parents taught them to hunt.
(c) Hunting tales.
(d) Tales about dogs.
8. What is a painter as it is referred to by the mountain people interviewed?
(a) A large mountain lion.
(b) A creature of legend.
(c) A person who paints houses.
(d) A panther.
9. How does a coachwhip snake kill animals?
(a) Wraps around them and whips them so that they run to death.
(b) Wriggling into the ear canal.
(d) Causing madness.
10. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
(a) Piece of hollowed out wood.
(b) Cown horn.
(c) An old modified tin whistle.
(d) White Oak.
11. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
12. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Gives it a good flavor.
(b) Removes the excess blood.
(c) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
(d) Prepares it for the next step.
13. What does Aunt Nora Garland say she cannot heal?
(a) Removing warts.
(c) Draw out fire.
14. What term do the mountain people use to describe houses, meadows or caves that they will refuse to enter?
(b) Snake infested.
(c) Snake bitten.
(d) Snake like.
15. What instrument does Daniel play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sometimes falls into the mash and drowns?
2. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
3. Which of these childhood illnesses was looked at in terms of faith healing?
4. What does the bull snake do that gave it its name?
5. What happens to the price of the pelt if you make a bad ear hole on a raccoon?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)