|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Friendship Quilts typically have stitched on them?
(a) The date the quilt was created.
(b) The names of those quilting.
(c) A verse from the Bible.
(d) A name for the person whom the quilt would be given.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(d) Souse Meat.
3. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
(a) Natural resources.
4. What is done to the Dutch Oven before cooking with it?
(b) Dry scrubbed.
(d) Greased heavily.
5. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
(a) She would be in good health for the next six months.
(b) She would marry within a year.
(c) She would soon find a large sum of money.
(d) She would dream of the one she would marry.
6. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Painting and detailing finished works.
(d) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
7. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
8. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
(a) They never sell out.
(b) One Week.
(c) Six Months.
(d) One Month.
9. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It was hard to work.
(b) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(c) It splintered out easily.
(d) It attracked termites.
10. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Use them to make jelly.
(d) Grind them up in the sausage.
11. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(c) Animal Hide.
(d) Animal Bones.
12. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
(c) Bee gums.
(d) Wagon Wheels.
13. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
(b) National Geographic.
14. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) Beware of Dogs.
(b) Beware of Bees.
(c) No revenuers.
(d) No trespassing.
15. Why is green wood put on after the fire has caught?
(a) It gives off more heat and lasts longer.
(b) It saves the seasoned wood.
(c) It was easier to find.
(d) It gives the food a better taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
2. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
3. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
5. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)