|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(d) Bows and Arrows.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Use them to make jelly.
(b) Grind them up in the sausage.
(c) Put them in a soup.
(d) Throw them away.
3. What were the earliest simple mattresses called?
(a) Rope Beds.
(b) Hay Mats.
(d) Feather Cushions.
4. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(b) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
(c) Furniture and laundry baskets.
(d) Making guitars and banjos.
5. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
(d) Drawing knife.
6. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
(a) One Month.
(b) Six Months.
(c) One Week.
(d) They never sell out.
7. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
(b) This is where her stuff was.
(c) She felt as if someone was coming.
(d) She was too scared.
8. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
(a) They ask where she got her recipe.
(b) They ask about putting perfume in it.
(c) They ask if it is better than dial soap.
(d) They ask what colors she can make.
9. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Making the splits long enough.
(b) Making clean cuts.
(c) Picking the correct timber.
(d) Making each split even.
10. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) Pride in Thier Community.
(b) Parent Involvement.
(c) Inventive Teaching.
(d) A Hobby
11. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(b) They were pleased.
(c) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
(d) They were too sick to enjoy them.
12. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A large chair.
(b) A guitar.
(c) Two baskets.
(d) A jug.
13. What do the students call the Dutch Oven?
(a) A bread pan.
(b) One of the most useful cooking utensils.
(c) Cake slab.
(d) A timeless invention.
14. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It attracked termites.
(b) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(c) It splintered out easily.
(d) It was hard to work.
15. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) A full year.
(b) Six months.
(c) An entire summer.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
2. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
3. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
4. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
5. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)