|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
(b) Soft corn shucks.
(d) Pieces of rope.
2. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
3. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
4. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
(a) When she was grown.
(b) When her daughter got married.
(c) When she was about ten or twelve.
(d) She has never seen a real mattress.
5. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
(d) National Geographic.
6. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(b) Mommy and Poppy.
(c) Yarn Pastor.
7. What were early chimneys called?
(a) Smoke stacks.
(b) Possum cages.
(c) Brick Rock chimenys
(d) Stick-and-Mud chimneys.
8. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
9. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) He learned on his own.
10. Why is green wood put on after the fire has caught?
(a) It saves the seasoned wood.
(b) It gives off more heat and lasts longer.
(c) It gives the food a better taste.
(d) It was easier to find.
11. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
(a) Appalachian Mountains.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Kentucky Plains.
(d) Ozark Mountains.
12. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) Parent Involvement.
(b) A Hobby
(c) Pride in Thier Community.
(d) Inventive Teaching.
13. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) This is where her stuff was.
(b) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
(c) She was too scared.
(d) She felt as if someone was coming.
14. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
(c) Drawing knife.
15. What year was Foxfire established?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
2. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
3. What does Foxfire first start out as?
4. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
5. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)