|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(c) Animal Hide.
(d) Animal Bones.
2. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
(a) Avoid all trees within a twenty foot spread of that one.
(b) Cut off the limbs and let it be for a week.
(c) Let the tree stand.
(d) Take that tree.
3. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(b) High School Teacher.
(d) Carnival Worker.
4. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(b) Active bee gum hives.
(c) An old stihl.
(d) An ox and cart.
5. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
(a) Hope and Love.
(b) The ability to pass this information down to future generations.
(c) The knowledge to use them.
(d) Food and shelter.
6. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
(a) A Thousand.
(b) They Lost Count.
(c) Six Hundred.
(d) Two Hundred.
7. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
(a) Pig tails and a lump of coal.
(b) Three pieces of candy and an orange.
(c) An apple and a bag of marbles.
(d) A candy bar and some new socks.
8. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Grind them up in the sausage.
(c) Use them to make jelly.
(d) Put them in a soup.
9. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(d) Blood, sweat, and tears.
10. What do the Friendship Quilts typically have stitched on them?
(a) The date the quilt was created.
(b) A name for the person whom the quilt would be given.
(c) The names of those quilting.
(d) A verse from the Bible.
11. What do the students say that quilting patterns are like?
(a) Family stories.
(c) Folk lore and legends.
12. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
13. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
(a) They ask if it is better than dial soap.
(b) They ask what colors she can make.
(c) They ask where she got her recipe.
(d) They ask about putting perfume in it.
14. What is NOT included in the article 'Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on?'
(b) Places to buy your own hand crafted feather bed.
15. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(b) Painting and detailing finished works.
(c) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
(d) Getting dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
2. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
3. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
4. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
5. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)