|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Dressing and Cooking Wild Animal Foods".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do you cure cramps in your feet?
(a) Put pine leaves in your shoes.
(b) Turn your shoes upside down before going to bed.
(c) Put a Bible at the foot of the bed.
(d) Walk barefoot on a wood fence.
2. What year was Foxfire established?
3. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Sang about in songs.
(b) Passed generation to generation.
(c) Written down in family Bibles.
(d) People just seemed to know it.
4. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
(a) Whenever a new one is needed.
(b) Thrashing time each year.
(c) Right before flu season hits.
(d) Whenever it got flat.
5. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
(a) They ask what colors she can make.
(b) They ask about putting perfume in it.
(c) They ask where she got her recipe.
(d) They ask if it is better than dial soap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT included in the article 'Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on?'
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
3. What can you do with deer meat?
4. How long should the carcass of a possum be soaked before cooking to eat?
5. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)