|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Dressing and Cooking Wild Animal Foods".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Change of meat.
(b) The boom of the gun.
(c) Money from the fur.
(d) Thrill of the hunt.
2. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(b) She was too little to recal how far.
(c) One Mile.
(d) Five Miles.
3. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(b) It is sticky.
(c) It's bad luck.
(d) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
4. What are the Sleepers?
(a) Floor beams of the cabin.
(d) Tools that are used to create notches.
5. Why is green wood put on after the fire has caught?
(a) It was easier to find.
(b) It saves the seasoned wood.
(c) It gives the food a better taste.
(d) It gives off more heat and lasts longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
2. Which of the following was said to cure asthma?
3. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
4. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
5. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)