|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Dressing and Cooking Wild Animal Foods".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
(a) They never needed cleaning.
(b) The rope was replaced every two to five years.
(c) The rope was boiled every spring.
(d) There was new material laid over the rope frame when needed.
2. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(b) Deaf due to fever.
(c) Blind due to cataracts.
(d) Paralyzed due to stroke.
3. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) No trespassing.
(b) Beware of Dogs.
(c) No revenuers.
(d) Beware of Bees.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(d) Souse Meat.
5. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Picking the correct timber.
(b) Making each split even.
(c) Making clean cuts.
(d) Making the splits long enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do you cure cramps in your feet?
2. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
3. What do the Friendship Quilts typically have stitched on them?
4. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
5. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)