|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Dressing and Cooking Wild Animal Foods".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Grind them up in the sausage.
(c) Use them to make jelly.
(d) Put them in a soup.
2. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
(a) Bee gums.
(b) Wagon Wheels.
3. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
(a) Brunswick Stew.
(b) Aunt Arie's Cornbread.
(c) Apple Dumplings.
(d) Potato Bread.
4. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(d) Blood, sweat, and tears.
5. What kind of coals were used for bleaching according to Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison, because they held heat longer and stayed alive longer?
(d) White Oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
2. How long should the carcass of a possum be soaked before cooking to eat?
3. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
4. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
5. What does Mrs. Lake Stiles say to do with the rest of the frog after you have cut the legs off?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)