|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Dressing and Cooking Wild Animal Foods".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(b) It is sticky.
(c) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(d) It's bad luck.
2. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
(a) It is the time best for allowing the trees to set out and cure.
(b) This is when the barks show the best woods.
(c) Because this is the time of year when the trees begin to slow their growing.
(d) Because sap levels are lowest then.
3. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
(a) Made it bitter.
(b) No one ever paid any attention.
(c) Made it salty.
(d) Had no effect.
4. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
(a) It could catch on fire.
(b) It wouldn't draw properly.
(c) It might tilt away from the house or collapse.
(d) Animals would burrow under it.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new roof.
(b) A toilet.
(c) A new hog pen.
(d) A sink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
3. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
4. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
5. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)