|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Dressing and Cooking Wild Animal Foods".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
(a) They never needed cleaning.
(b) There was new material laid over the rope frame when needed.
(c) The rope was boiled every spring.
(d) The rope was replaced every two to five years.
2. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
3. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Painting and detailing finished works.
(d) Bandaging up wounds while working.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
(a) A couple were married.
(b) They were moving away.
(c) Someone's house burned down.
(d) A baby was born.
5. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
(a) Cut off the limbs and let it be for a week.
(b) Take that tree.
(c) Avoid all trees within a twenty foot spread of that one.
(d) Let the tree stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
3. What does Scrapple taste like according to Mrs. Mann Norton?
4. What is NOT included in the article 'Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on?'
5. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)