|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Dressing and Cooking Wild Animal Foods".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(a) Carnival Worker.
(d) High School Teacher.
2. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
(a) Because sap levels are lowest then.
(b) It is the time best for allowing the trees to set out and cure.
(c) Because this is the time of year when the trees begin to slow their growing.
(d) This is when the barks show the best woods.
3. What do the squirrels do if it is going to be a bad winter?
(a) Gather nuts late.
(b) Gather nuts early.
(c) Begin to get sick.
(d) Fight each other for food.
4. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) He learned on his own.
(d) His father.
5. What were the earliest simple mattresses called?
(a) Hay Mats.
(b) Feather Cushions.
(d) Rope Beds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
2. What were early chimneys called?
3. What was Daniel's job?
4. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)