|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Dressing and Cooking Wild Animal Foods".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) No one is sure.
(b) To be well above the water satuation point.
(c) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
(d) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
2. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Quaint Euphemisms.
(d) Local gossip.
3. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Thrill of the hunt.
(b) The boom of the gun.
(c) Change of meat.
(d) Money from the fur.
4. What does Daniel live in?
(a) An old cargo van.
(b) Abandoned bread truck.
(c) A broke down school bus.
(d) An Indian tepee.
5. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
(a) Because they were hungry.
(b) Her father didn't believe in killing something for no reason.
(c) As a reward for good behavior.
(d) They wondered what it tasted like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is crucial when making splits?
2. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
3. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
4. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
5. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)