|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take to produce coals?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) You have to check the fire periodically.
(d) An hour.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
(a) A couple were married.
(b) They were moving away.
(c) Someone's house burned down.
(d) A baby was born.
3. What is 'side meat' made into?
(d) Pork chops.
4. What can be used in place of a churn for quicker results?
(a) A wash tub.
(b) A frying pan.
(c) A jar.
(d) A cake pan.
5. What type of milk should be used when churning butter?
(a) Rich milk, mostly cream.
(b) Fresh milk.
(c) Skim milk.
(d) Butter milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
2. What kind of coals were used for bleaching according to Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison, because they held heat longer and stayed alive longer?
3. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
4. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
5. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)