|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
(a) In the spring.
(b) When you first hear the whipporwill.
(c) When the moon is full.
(d) When the moon is new.
2. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(a) Black eyed peas.
(b) Soup beans.
3. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
(b) Had the English teacher go over it.
(c) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(d) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
4. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
(a) So they can learn from her.
(b) Because she makes good cakes.
(c) She has offered.
(d) Because they enjoy her company.
5. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
(a) Hunting and trapping guides.
(b) Music books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
2. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
3. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
4. What is often mixed with hog brains when being cooked?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)