|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Deaf due to fever.
(b) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(c) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(d) Blind due to cataracts.
2. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
(d) Natural resources.
3. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
4. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
(a) Salt it.
(b) Lay it out to dry.
(c) Run it through a food chopper.
(d) Put it in a dutch oven.
5. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) No revenuers.
(b) Beware of Dogs.
(c) Beware of Bees.
(d) No trespassing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be used in place of a churn for quicker results?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
3. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
4. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
5. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)