|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(c) Bows and Arrows.
2. What is 'side meat' made into?
(c) Pork chops.
3. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
(b) White Oak.
4. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
5. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(b) Blind due to cataracts.
(c) Deaf due to fever.
(d) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
2. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
3. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
4. What is the 'leaf lard?'
5. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)