|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
(a) When she was about ten or twelve.
(b) When her daughter got married.
(c) When she was grown.
(d) She has never seen a real mattress.
2. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
(a) The knowledge to use them.
(b) Food and shelter.
(c) The ability to pass this information down to future generations.
(d) Hope and Love.
3. What is said to have been the prime source of meat for the early family in the mountains?
4. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Tools and faith.
(b) Knowledge and determination.
(c) Love and hope.
(d) Tools and igenuity.
5. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
(a) Ozark Mountains.
(b) Appalachian Mountains.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Kentucky Plains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
3. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
4. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
5. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)