|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
(a) Natural resources.
2. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A guitar.
(b) A jug.
(c) A large chair.
(d) Two baskets.
3. How were things fried?
(a) Hot coals were raked onto the hearth and the pan put on it.
(b) The pan was put into the middle of the fire.
(c) The pan was suspended on a metal frame 3-5 inches above.
(d) Depended on the meat.
4. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(b) Skin and seeds.
(c) Any bad spots and the skins.
(d) Seeds and any dirt.
5. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
(a) Hope and Love.
(b) The knowledge to use them.
(c) The ability to pass this information down to future generations.
(d) Food and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pearl Martin say she does to clean her straw bed?
2. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
3. What do the students call the Dutch Oven?
4. What is NOT needed for hewing?
5. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)