|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Trend toward an easier life.
(b) Desire for unique looking houses.
(c) Lack of trees.
(d) European influence.
2. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) This is where her stuff was.
(b) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
(c) She felt as if someone was coming.
(d) She was too scared.
3. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(b) Deaf due to fever.
(c) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(d) Blind due to cataracts.
4. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) Off working.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) Sick in bed.
5. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
(a) Put it in a dutch oven.
(b) Run it through a food chopper.
(c) Lay it out to dry.
(d) Salt it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
2. What does Daniel live in?
3. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
4. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
5. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)