|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Tools and faith.
(b) Knowledge and determination.
(c) Love and hope.
(d) Tools and igenuity.
2. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
(b) Build a fire.
(c) Gut a chicken.
(d) Kill a snake.
3. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
(a) Whenever a new one is needed.
(b) Thrashing time each year.
(c) Whenever it got flat.
(d) Right before flu season hits.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Use them to make jelly.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Put them in a soup.
5. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
(b) Stack the Lumber Crosswise.
(c) Use Dry Kiln.
(d) Salt the Ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
2. What instrument does Daniel play?
3. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
4. What were the earliest simple mattresses called?
5. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)