|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
(b) To be well above the water satuation point.
(c) No one is sure.
(d) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
2. What is it that whited the apples in the bleaching process?
3. What does Foxfire first start out as?
(a) Oral Report.
(b) Small Newspaper.
(c) Book Series.
4. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
(b) Parents .
(d) Area Residents.
5. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
(d) White Oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
2. Why is green wood put on after the fire has caught?
3. What is 'side meat' made into?
4. What is the fireplace once said to have been?
5. What do you cut out of the hog's head before making souse and is one of the only things on the hog's head not used in souse?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)