|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were things fried?
(a) The pan was put into the middle of the fire.
(b) Hot coals were raked onto the hearth and the pan put on it.
(c) The pan was suspended on a metal frame 3-5 inches above.
(d) Depended on the meat.
2. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
(a) Two Hundred.
(b) A Thousand.
(c) They Lost Count.
(d) Six Hundred.
3. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
(b) Proper English.
(d) Historical Facts.
4. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Prepares it for the next step.
(b) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
(c) Gives it a good flavor.
(d) Removes the excess blood.
5. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
(a) Whenever she got dirty enough.
(b) Whenever they had enough ashes.
(c) In the spring time.
(d) When she had enough lard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
2. What is crucial when making splits?
3. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
4. What were the earliest simple mattresses called?
5. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)