|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It was hard to work.
(b) It splintered out easily.
(c) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(d) It attracked termites.
2. What type of milk should be used when churning butter?
(a) Fresh milk.
(b) Rich milk, mostly cream.
(c) Skim milk.
(d) Butter milk.
3. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Use them to make jelly.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Throw them away.
4. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(b) Soup beans.
(c) Black eyed peas.
5. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(b) Carnival Worker.
(c) High School Teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
2. What was Daniel's job?
3. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
4. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
5. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)