|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
(a) Apple Dumplings.
(b) Brunswick Stew.
(c) Aunt Arie's Cornbread.
(d) Potato Bread.
2. What are the Sleepers?
(c) Tools that are used to create notches.
(d) Floor beams of the cabin.
3. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
(a) They ask what colors she can make.
(b) They ask where she got her recipe.
(c) They ask if it is better than dial soap.
(d) They ask about putting perfume in it.
4. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
(b) Bee gums.
(c) Wagon Wheels.
5. What had the Foxfire magazine's purpose started out being when they looked into writing about quilts?
(a) To teach individuals the basics for making a quilt.
(b) To find all patterns native to the area.
(c) To look at modern day applications for the ageless process.
(d) To learn about the history of quilting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fireplace once said to have been?
2. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
4. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
5. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)