|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) The knowledge to use them.
(c) Hope and Love.
(d) The ability to pass this information down to future generations.
2. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
(a) One Week.
(b) They never sell out.
(c) One Month.
(d) Six Months.
3. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
4. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) No revenuers.
(b) Beware of Bees.
(c) No trespassing.
(d) Beware of Dogs.
5. How long does it take to produce coals?
(a) You have to check the fire periodically.
(b) An hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Twenty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to have been the prime source of meat for the early family in the mountains?
2. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
3. What does Mrs. Claude Darnell suggest might be the reason that there has been a revival in an interest in quilting?
4. What was Daniel's job?
5. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)