|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foxfire first start out as?
(a) Small Newspaper.
(b) Oral Report.
(d) Book Series.
2. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
(a) Wagon Wheels.
(b) Bee gums.
3. What do the students call the Dutch Oven?
(a) A timeless invention.
(b) Cake slab.
(c) One of the most useful cooking utensils.
(d) A bread pan.
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
(a) The rope was boiled every spring.
(b) The rope was replaced every two to five years.
(c) They never needed cleaning.
(d) There was new material laid over the rope frame when needed.
5. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
3. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
4. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
5. What does Daniel live in?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)