|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Kill a snake.
(b) Build a fire.
(c) Gut a chicken.
(d) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
2. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(b) An ox and cart.
(c) An old stihl.
(d) Active bee gum hives.
3. When was hog killing generally done?
(a) Whenever the hog got fat.
(c) Whenever the farmer got hungry.
(d) Late November.
4. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
(a) Natural resources.
5. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is 'side meat' made into?
2. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
3. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
4. How were things fried?
5. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)