|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Foxfire magazine's purpose started out being when they looked into writing about quilts?
(a) To find all patterns native to the area.
(b) To learn about the history of quilting.
(c) To teach individuals the basics for making a quilt.
(d) To look at modern day applications for the ageless process.
2. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
3. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) Sick in bed.
(b) Off working.
(c) No one is sure.
4. What are the Sleepers?
(a) Tools that are used to create notches.
(c) Floor beams of the cabin.
5. What is the fireplace once said to have been?
(a) A fanciful thing that people desired.
(b) Something that was often overlooked.
(c) What brought families together.
(d) The very center of home life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
2. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
3. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
4. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
5. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)