|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students say that quilting patterns are like?
(a) Family stories.
(b) Folk lore and legends.
2. What are the Sleepers?
(a) Tools that are used to create notches.
(b) Floor beams of the cabin.
3. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) No revenuers.
(b) Beware of Bees.
(c) No trespassing.
(d) Beware of Dogs.
4. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Making clean cuts.
(b) Making the splits long enough.
(c) Picking the correct timber.
(d) Making each split even.
5. What kind of coals were used for bleaching according to Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison, because they held heat longer and stayed alive longer?
(b) White Oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
2. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
3. How were things fried?
4. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
5. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)