|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Build a fire.
(b) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
(c) Kill a snake.
(d) Gut a chicken.
2. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
(a) Thrashing time each year.
(b) Right before flu season hits.
(c) Whenever a new one is needed.
(d) Whenever it got flat.
3. What is NOT included in the article 'Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on?'
(c) Places to buy your own hand crafted feather bed.
4. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Sang about in songs.
(b) Written down in family Bibles.
(c) People just seemed to know it.
(d) Passed generation to generation.
5. What do you cut out of the hog's head before making souse and is one of the only things on the hog's head not used in souse?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
2. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
3. What were early chimneys called?
4. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
5. What is the fireplace once said to have been?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)