|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
(d) Natural resources.
2. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
(a) It is almost clear.
(b) It depends on the ingredients used.
(c) It is always a darker color.
(d) It never came out looking the same twice.
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
(a) A baby was born.
(b) A couple were married.
(c) They were moving away.
(d) Someone's house burned down.
4. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
5. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
2. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
3. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
4. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
5. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)