|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Foxfire magazine's purpose started out being when they looked into writing about quilts?
(a) To learn about the history of quilting.
(b) To teach individuals the basics for making a quilt.
(c) To look at modern day applications for the ageless process.
(d) To find all patterns native to the area.
2. What is the process of laying fruit out on trays in front of the fire called?
3. What kind of coals were used for bleaching according to Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison, because they held heat longer and stayed alive longer?
(d) White Oak.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(a) Animal Hide.
(c) Animal Bones.
5. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
(a) Use Dry Kiln.
(c) Stack the Lumber Crosswise.
(d) Salt the Ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
3. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
4. What does Mrs. Claude Darnell suggest might be the reason that there has been a revival in an interest in quilting?
5. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)