|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(d) Blood, sweat, and tears.
2. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Painting and detailing finished works.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(d) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
3. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
(a) They wondered what it tasted like.
(b) As a reward for good behavior.
(c) Her father didn't believe in killing something for no reason.
(d) Because they were hungry.
4. What do the Friendship Quilts typically have stitched on them?
(a) A verse from the Bible.
(b) A name for the person whom the quilt would be given.
(c) The date the quilt was created.
(d) The names of those quilting.
5. What does Foxfire first start out as?
(a) Oral Report.
(b) Small Newspaper.
(c) Book Series.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
3. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
4. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
5. What does Daniel live in?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)