|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
(a) Natural resources.
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(a) Animal Hide.
(b) Animal Bones.
3. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
(a) There was new material laid over the rope frame when needed.
(b) The rope was boiled every spring.
(c) The rope was replaced every two to five years.
(d) They never needed cleaning.
4. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
5. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A guitar.
(b) A large chair.
(c) A jug.
(d) Two baskets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
2. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
3. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
4. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
5. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)