|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He had heard she was very ill.
(b) He knew she was crazy.
(c) He believed she would not welcome him.
(d) He didn't know what to expect.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new roof.
(b) A toilet.
(c) A sink.
(d) A new hog pen.
3. What are the Sleepers?
(a) Floor beams of the cabin.
(b) Tools that are used to create notches.
4. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
(a) Wagon Wheels.
(c) Bee gums.
5. What does Mrs. Claude Darnell suggest might be the reason that there has been a revival in an interest in quilting?
(a) Because it is a part of their heritage.
(b) Because they have fond memories of their grandparents quilting.
(c) Because people want to get back to the good old days.
(d) It is a novelty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is crucial when making splits?
2. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
3. What do the Friendship Quilts typically have stitched on them?
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
5. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)