|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foxfire first start out as?
(a) Book Series.
(b) Oral Report.
(c) Small Newspaper.
2. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
(b) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(c) Making guitars and banjos.
(d) Furniture and laundry baskets.
3. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
(a) Whenever they had enough ashes.
(b) In the spring time.
(c) Whenever she got dirty enough.
(d) When she had enough lard.
4. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
5. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
(a) Stack the Lumber Crosswise.
(b) Use Dry Kiln.
(d) Salt the Ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
3. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
4. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
5. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)