|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
(a) She would be in good health for the next six months.
(b) She would dream of the one she would marry.
(c) She would soon find a large sum of money.
(d) She would marry within a year.
2. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(b) The first car her family ever saw.
(c) When her parents died.
(d) When her brother's got married.
3. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
(b) Wagon Wheels.
(d) Bee gums.
4. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Making guitars and banjos.
(b) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(c) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
(d) Furniture and laundry baskets.
5. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
(a) The rope was replaced every two to five years.
(b) The rope was boiled every spring.
(c) They never needed cleaning.
(d) There was new material laid over the rope frame when needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
3. What year was Foxfire established?
4. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
5. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)