|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Foxfire magazine's purpose started out being when they looked into writing about quilts?
(a) To look at modern day applications for the ageless process.
(b) To teach individuals the basics for making a quilt.
(c) To learn about the history of quilting.
(d) To find all patterns native to the area.
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(b) Bows and Arrows.
3. What were the earliest simple mattresses called?
(a) Feather Cushions.
(b) Hay Mats.
(c) Rope Beds.
4. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Getting dressed.
(b) Painting and detailing finished works.
(c) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(d) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
5. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
(a) Because she makes good cakes.
(b) So they can learn from her.
(c) Because they enjoy her company.
(d) She has offered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
2. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
3. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
4. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
5. What does Mrs. Claude Darnell suggest might be the reason that there has been a revival in an interest in quilting?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)