|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Furniture and laundry baskets.
(b) Making guitars and banjos.
(c) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(d) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
2. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
(a) Kentucky Plains.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Ozark Mountains.
(d) Appalachian Mountains.
3. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
4. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Getting dressed.
(b) Painting and detailing finished works.
(c) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(d) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
5. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) Five Miles.
(b) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(c) One Mile.
(d) She was too little to recal how far.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
2. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
3. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
4. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
5. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)