|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Making each split even.
(b) Making the splits long enough.
(c) Picking the correct timber.
(d) Making clean cuts.
2. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) An entire summer.
(b) A full year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What do the Friendship Quilts typically have stitched on them?
(a) A name for the person whom the quilt would be given.
(b) The names of those quilting.
(c) The date the quilt was created.
(d) A verse from the Bible.
4. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(a) Go straight up.
(c) Face southeast.
(d) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Use them to make jelly.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Put them in a soup.
(d) Grind them up in the sausage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
2. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
4. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
5. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)