|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
2. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
(a) It took a year to build.
(b) A tornado took it a week after it was built.
(c) It'd smoke apossum out'a th' house.
(d) It lasted one winter and fell appart.
3. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Desire for unique looking houses.
(b) Trend toward an easier life.
(c) European influence.
(d) Lack of trees.
4. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
(a) Because sap levels are lowest then.
(b) It is the time best for allowing the trees to set out and cure.
(c) Because this is the time of year when the trees begin to slow their growing.
(d) This is when the barks show the best woods.
5. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
(a) The ability to pass this information down to future generations.
(b) Hope and Love.
(c) The knowledge to use them.
(d) Food and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
2. What does Foxfire first start out as?
3. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
4. What is crucial when making splits?
5. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)