|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT included in the article 'Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on?'
(d) Places to buy your own hand crafted feather bed.
2. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Passed generation to generation.
(b) Written down in family Bibles.
(c) Sang about in songs.
(d) People just seemed to know it.
3. What do the Friendship Quilts typically have stitched on them?
(a) A name for the person whom the quilt would be given.
(b) The date the quilt was created.
(c) The names of those quilting.
(d) A verse from the Bible.
4. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
(a) They wondered what it tasted like.
(b) Because they were hungry.
(c) As a reward for good behavior.
(d) Her father didn't believe in killing something for no reason.
5. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) See a car.
(b) Get a new dog.
(c) Get supplies from the store.
(d) Go find a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
3. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
4. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
5. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)