|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
(a) Take that tree.
(b) Avoid all trees within a twenty foot spread of that one.
(c) Cut off the limbs and let it be for a week.
(d) Let the tree stand.
2. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) She was too little to recal how far.
(b) One Mile.
(c) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(d) Five Miles.
3. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(b) Go straight up.
(c) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
(d) Face southeast.
4. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
(a) They ask what colors she can make.
(b) They ask about putting perfume in it.
(c) They ask where she got her recipe.
(d) They ask if it is better than dial soap.
5. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
(a) She has never seen a real mattress.
(b) When she was grown.
(c) When her daughter got married.
(d) When she was about ten or twelve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
2. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
3. What year was Foxfire established?
4. What does Mrs. Claude Darnell suggest might be the reason that there has been a revival in an interest in quilting?
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)