|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(b) Go straight up.
(c) Face southeast.
(d) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
2. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
(b) She felt as if someone was coming.
(c) This is where her stuff was.
(d) She was too scared.
3. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) European influence.
(b) Trend toward an easier life.
(c) Desire for unique looking houses.
(d) Lack of trees.
4. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Old Jalopy.
(b) An Army Vehicle.
(c) A Large Pickup.
(d) T-Model Ford.
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It is sticky.
(b) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(c) It's bad luck.
(d) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students say that quilting patterns are like?
2. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
3. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
4. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
5. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)