|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
(a) She would dream of the one she would marry.
(b) She would be in good health for the next six months.
(c) She would soon find a large sum of money.
(d) She would marry within a year.
2. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(b) It was hard to work.
(c) It splintered out easily.
(d) It attracked termites.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(b) Animal Hide.
(d) Animal Bones.
4. What were early chimneys called?
(a) Smoke stacks.
(b) Possum cages.
(c) Stick-and-Mud chimneys.
(d) Brick Rock chimenys
5. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
2. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
3. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
4. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
5. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)