|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pearl Martin say she does to clean her straw bed?
(a) She puts new straw in it once a year.
(b) She takes the straw out and suns it then puts it back in.
(c) She takes a wet cloth and wets it down.
(d) She hangs it up and gives it a thrashing.
2. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
(a) Parents .
(b) Area Residents.
3. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
(a) She would marry within a year.
(b) She would be in good health for the next six months.
(c) She would dream of the one she would marry.
(d) She would soon find a large sum of money.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new hog pen.
(b) A sink.
(c) A new roof.
(d) A toilet.
5. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(b) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(c) An elevated dirt floor.
(d) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
2. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
3. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
4. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
5. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)