|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) She was too scared.
(b) She felt as if someone was coming.
(c) This is where her stuff was.
(d) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
2. What does Mrs. Pearl Martin say she does to clean her straw bed?
(a) She takes the straw out and suns it then puts it back in.
(b) She takes a wet cloth and wets it down.
(c) She hangs it up and gives it a thrashing.
(d) She puts new straw in it once a year.
3. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Painting and detailing finished works.
(d) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
4. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
(c) Natural resources.
5. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
(a) Hog grease.
(b) Whatever she has on hand.
(c) Mutton tallow.
(d) Chicken grease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
2. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
3. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
4. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
5. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)