|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Claude Darnell suggest might be the reason that there has been a revival in an interest in quilting?
(a) Because people want to get back to the good old days.
(b) Because it is a part of their heritage.
(c) It is a novelty.
(d) Because they have fond memories of their grandparents quilting.
2. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
(a) The rope was replaced every two to five years.
(b) There was new material laid over the rope frame when needed.
(c) They never needed cleaning.
(d) The rope was boiled every spring.
3. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
(a) She would dream of the one she would marry.
(b) She would soon find a large sum of money.
(c) She would be in good health for the next six months.
(d) She would marry within a year.
4. What does Mrs. Pearl Martin say she does to clean her straw bed?
(a) She takes a wet cloth and wets it down.
(b) She puts new straw in it once a year.
(c) She takes the straw out and suns it then puts it back in.
(d) She hangs it up and gives it a thrashing.
5. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
(a) Soft corn shucks.
(c) Pieces of rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
2. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
3. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
4. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
5. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)