|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Knowledge and determination.
(b) Tools and igenuity.
(c) Love and hope.
(d) Tools and faith.
2. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(b) One Mile.
(c) She was too little to recal how far.
(d) Five Miles.
3. What were early chimneys called?
(a) Smoke stacks.
(b) Possum cages.
(c) Brick Rock chimenys
(d) Stick-and-Mud chimneys.
4. What does Mrs. Claude Darnell suggest might be the reason that there has been a revival in an interest in quilting?
(a) Because people want to get back to the good old days.
(b) Because it is a part of their heritage.
(c) Because they have fond memories of their grandparents quilting.
(d) It is a novelty.
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(b) It's bad luck.
(c) It is sticky.
(d) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Foxfire established?
2. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
3. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
5. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)