|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
(a) White Oak.
2. What were the earliest simple mattresses called?
(a) Feather Cushions.
(c) Hay Mats.
(d) Rope Beds.
3. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
(a) Whenever they had enough ashes.
(b) Whenever she got dirty enough.
(c) When she had enough lard.
(d) In the spring time.
4. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) Inventive Teaching.
(b) Parent Involvement.
(c) A Hobby
(d) Pride in Thier Community.
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Local gossip.
(b) Quaint Euphemisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
2. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
3. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
4. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
5. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)