|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
(a) Pieces of rope.
(c) Soft corn shucks.
2. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
3. What were the earliest simple mattresses called?
(a) Feather Cushions.
(b) Rope Beds.
(d) Hay Mats.
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
(a) The rope was boiled every spring.
(b) They never needed cleaning.
(c) The rope was replaced every two to five years.
(d) There was new material laid over the rope frame when needed.
5. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
(a) Let the tree stand.
(b) Take that tree.
(c) Cut off the limbs and let it be for a week.
(d) Avoid all trees within a twenty foot spread of that one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
2. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
3. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
5. What were early chimneys called?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)