|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Passed generation to generation.
(b) People just seemed to know it.
(c) Sang about in songs.
(d) Written down in family Bibles.
2. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) No trespassing.
(b) Beware of Dogs.
(c) No revenuers.
(d) Beware of Bees.
3. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
(a) It depends on the ingredients used.
(b) It is almost clear.
(c) It never came out looking the same twice.
(d) It is always a darker color.
4. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
5. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
(a) An apple and a bag of marbles.
(b) Pig tails and a lump of coal.
(c) Three pieces of candy and an orange.
(d) A candy bar and some new socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
2. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
3. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
4. What does Foxfire first start out as?
5. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)