|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
(c) Wagon Wheels.
(d) Bee gums.
2. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(b) They were too sick to enjoy them.
(c) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
(d) They were pleased.
3. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(b) She was too little to recal how far.
(c) Five Miles.
(d) One Mile.
4. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) No one is sure.
(c) Off working.
(d) Sick in bed.
5. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It attracked termites.
(b) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(c) It was hard to work.
(d) It splintered out easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
2. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
3. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
4. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
5. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)