|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Passed generation to generation.
(b) People just seemed to know it.
(c) Sang about in songs.
(d) Written down in family Bibles.
2. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Army Vehicle.
(b) T-Model Ford.
(c) A Large Pickup.
(d) An Old Jalopy.
3. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
(a) Small piece of paper.
(b) Back of the People Magazine.
(c) Cardboard Box.
4. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He didn't know what to expect.
(b) He had heard she was very ill.
(c) He believed she would not welcome him.
(d) He knew she was crazy.
5. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
(b) Build a fire.
(c) Kill a snake.
(d) Gut a chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
2. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
3. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
4. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
5. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)