|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It's bad luck.
(b) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(c) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(d) It is sticky.
2. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They were pleased.
(b) They were too sick to enjoy them.
(c) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(d) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
3. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
4. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
(a) Parents .
(d) Area Residents.
5. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) Get a new dog.
(b) See a car.
(c) Go find a doctor.
(d) Get supplies from the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
2. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
3. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
4. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
5. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)