|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He didn't know what to expect.
(b) He believed she would not welcome him.
(c) He knew she was crazy.
(d) He had heard she was very ill.
2. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
(a) Global warming.
(b) Cut down by farmers.
3. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Use them to make jelly.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Put them in a soup.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(a) Bows and Arrows.
5. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(b) Off working.
(c) Sick in bed.
(d) No one is sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
2. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
3. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
4. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
5. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)