|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(b) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
2. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(a) High School Teacher.
(c) Carnival Worker.
3. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
(a) The wood would warp and bend as it dried.
(b) The wood would draw insects to the fresh sap.
(c) The wood would begin to rot.
(d) The wood would shrink and pull away as it dried.
4. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
5. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(b) Yarn Pastor.
(d) Mommy and Poppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
2. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
3. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
4. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
5. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)