|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
(b) Bee gums.
(c) Wagon Wheels.
2. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
3. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) When her brother's got married.
(b) The first car her family ever saw.
(c) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(d) When her parents died.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(c) Bows and Arrows.
5. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(b) Deaf due to fever.
(c) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(d) Blind due to cataracts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
2. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
3. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
4. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
5. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)