|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Written down in family Bibles.
(b) Passed generation to generation.
(c) Sang about in songs.
(d) People just seemed to know it.
2. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
(a) Global warming.
(b) Cut down by farmers.
3. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
(b) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
(c) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(d) Had the English teacher go over it.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(b) Animal Hide.
(d) Animal Bones.
5. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
(a) The wood would shrink and pull away as it dried.
(b) The wood would draw insects to the fresh sap.
(c) The wood would begin to rot.
(d) The wood would warp and bend as it dried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
2. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
3. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
4. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
5. What does Foxfire first start out as?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)