|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
2. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) Get supplies from the store.
(b) Go find a doctor.
(c) See a car.
(d) Get a new dog.
3. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
(a) A Thousand.
(b) Two Hundred.
(c) They Lost Count.
(d) Six Hundred.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
(a) Three pieces of candy and an orange.
(b) A candy bar and some new socks.
(c) Pig tails and a lump of coal.
(d) An apple and a bag of marbles.
5. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(a) Animal Hide.
(b) Animal Bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
2. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
3. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
4. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
5. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)