|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
(c) National Geographic.
2. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It attracked termites.
(b) It was hard to work.
(c) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(d) It splintered out easily.
3. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Kill a snake.
(b) Gut a chicken.
(c) Build a fire.
(d) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
4. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) Pride in Thier Community.
(b) Inventive Teaching.
(c) Parent Involvement.
(d) A Hobby
5. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
2. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
3. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
4. What year was Foxfire established?
5. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)