|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(b) Mommy and Poppy.
(c) Yarn Pastor.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Use them to make jelly.
(b) Put them in a soup.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Throw them away.
3. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(b) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(c) It is sticky.
(d) It's bad luck.
4. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) Parent Involvement.
(b) Pride in Thier Community.
(c) A Hobby
(d) Inventive Teaching.
5. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(c) Bows and Arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
2. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
3. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
4. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
5. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)