|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) Sick in bed.
(c) Off working.
(d) No one is sure.
2. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(b) The first car her family ever saw.
(c) When her brother's got married.
(d) When her parents died.
3. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
(a) Six Hundred.
(b) A Thousand.
(c) Two Hundred.
(d) They Lost Count.
4. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(a) High School Teacher.
(c) Carnival Worker.
5. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
(a) Six Months.
(b) One Week.
(c) One Month.
(d) They never sell out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
2. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
3. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
4. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)