|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(d) Bows and Arrows.
2. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) Parent Involvement.
(b) Pride in Thier Community.
(c) Inventive Teaching.
(d) A Hobby
3. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) The first car her family ever saw.
(b) When her parents died.
(c) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(d) When her brother's got married.
4. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
(a) The wood would warp and bend as it dried.
(b) The wood would shrink and pull away as it dried.
(c) The wood would begin to rot.
(d) The wood would draw insects to the fresh sap.
5. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Passed generation to generation.
(b) Written down in family Bibles.
(c) Sang about in songs.
(d) People just seemed to know it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
2. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
3. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
4. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
5. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)