|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Blind due to cataracts.
(b) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(c) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(d) Deaf due to fever.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(b) Souse Meat.
3. What year was Foxfire established?
4. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
(c) Proper English.
(d) Historical Facts.
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Quaint Euphemisms.
(d) Local gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Foxfire first start out as?
2. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
3. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
4. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
5. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)