|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
2. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He believed she would not welcome him.
(b) He knew she was crazy.
(c) He had heard she was very ill.
(d) He didn't know what to expect.
3. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
(c) Proper English.
(d) Historical Facts.
4. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(b) It is sticky.
(c) It's bad luck.
(d) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
5. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
(c) Natural resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
2. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
3. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
4. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
5. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)