|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Making the splits long enough.
(b) Making each split even.
(c) Making clean cuts.
(d) Picking the correct timber.
2. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He believed she would not welcome him.
(b) He knew she was crazy.
(c) He had heard she was very ill.
(d) He didn't know what to expect.
3. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Tools and faith.
(b) Knowledge and determination.
(c) Love and hope.
(d) Tools and igenuity.
4. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(a) Yarn Pastor.
(c) Mommy and Poppy.
5. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Sleepers?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
3. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
4. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)