|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) A full year.
(b) An entire summer.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) When her brother's got married.
(b) When her parents died.
(c) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(d) The first car her family ever saw.
3. What is NOT needed for hewing?
(a) Pole axe.
(b) Foot adze.
4. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Love and hope.
(b) Knowledge and determination.
(c) Tools and igenuity.
(d) Tools and faith.
5. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) European influence.
(b) Trend toward an easier life.
(c) Desire for unique looking houses.
(d) Lack of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
2. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
3. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
4. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
5. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)