|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
(b) Build a fire.
(c) Gut a chicken.
(d) Kill a snake.
2. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
(b) Back of the People Magazine.
(c) Small piece of paper.
(d) Cardboard Box.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
(b) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(c) They were pleased.
(d) They were too sick to enjoy them.
4. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(d) Blood, sweat, and tears.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Grind them up in the sausage.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Use them to make jelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
2. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
3. What is crucial when making splits?
4. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
5. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)