|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(b) Blood, sweat, and tears.
2. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Blind due to cataracts.
(b) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(c) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(d) Deaf due to fever.
3. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new roof.
(b) A new hog pen.
(c) A sink.
(d) A toilet.
4. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) Off working.
(b) No one is sure.
(d) Sick in bed.
5. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
(a) Cut off the limbs and let it be for a week.
(b) Avoid all trees within a twenty foot spread of that one.
(c) Let the tree stand.
(d) Take that tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
2. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
3. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
4. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)