|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) Go find a doctor.
(b) Get supplies from the store.
(c) Get a new dog.
(d) See a car.
2. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Deaf due to fever.
(b) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(c) Blind due to cataracts.
(d) Paralyzed due to stroke.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(a) Animal Hide.
(d) Animal Bones.
4. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
(b) Drawing knife.
5. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
(a) Because she makes good cakes.
(b) So they can learn from her.
(c) She has offered.
(d) Because they enjoy her company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
2. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
3. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
4. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
5. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)