|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
(a) Drawing knife.
2. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
(a) An apple and a bag of marbles.
(b) A candy bar and some new socks.
(c) Pig tails and a lump of coal.
(d) Three pieces of candy and an orange.
3. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
(b) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(c) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
(d) Had the English teacher go over it.
4. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(c) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
5. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He knew she was crazy.
(b) He didn't know what to expect.
(c) He had heard she was very ill.
(d) He believed she would not welcome him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
2. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
3. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
4. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
5. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)