|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) This is where her stuff was.
(b) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
(c) She felt as if someone was coming.
(d) She was too scared.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(a) Souse Meat.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(b) They were pleased.
(c) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
(d) They were too sick to enjoy them.
4. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(b) It is sticky.
(c) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(d) It's bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
3. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
4. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
5. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)