|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
(a) Because they enjoy her company.
(b) She has offered.
(c) Because she makes good cakes.
(d) So they can learn from her.
2. What are the Sleepers?
(a) Tools that are used to create notches.
(b) Floor beams of the cabin.
3. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) See a car.
(b) Go find a doctor.
(c) Get supplies from the store.
(d) Get a new dog.
4. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) Five Miles.
(b) She was too little to recal how far.
(c) One Mile.
(d) Over the Mountain a far piece.
5. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Knowledge and determination.
(b) Love and hope.
(c) Tools and igenuity.
(d) Tools and faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
3. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
4. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
5. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)