|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Old Jalopy.
(b) A Large Pickup.
(c) T-Model Ford.
(d) An Army Vehicle.
2. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Tools and faith.
(b) Knowledge and determination.
(c) Love and hope.
(d) Tools and igenuity.
3. What is NOT needed for hewing?
(b) Foot adze.
(d) Pole axe.
4. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
(a) So they can learn from her.
(b) Because they enjoy her company.
(c) She has offered.
(d) Because she makes good cakes.
5. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) Five Miles.
(b) She was too little to recal how far.
(c) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(d) One Mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
2. What is crucial when making splits?
3. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
4. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)