|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new hog pen.
(b) A toilet.
(c) A sink.
(d) A new roof.
2. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) Go find a doctor.
(b) Get supplies from the store.
(c) See a car.
(d) Get a new dog.
3. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(b) An elevated dirt floor.
(c) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(d) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
4. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It is sticky.
(b) It's bad luck.
(c) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(d) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
5. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
(a) So they can learn from her.
(b) Because she makes good cakes.
(c) Because they enjoy her company.
(d) She has offered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
2. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
3. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
4. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
5. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)