|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Tools and faith.
(b) Knowledge and determination.
(c) Tools and igenuity.
(d) Love and hope.
2. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(a) Mommy and Poppy.
(c) Yarn Pastor.
3. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
(a) Her father didn't believe in killing something for no reason.
(b) Because they were hungry.
(c) They wondered what it tasted like.
(d) As a reward for good behavior.
4. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(b) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
(c) Had the English teacher go over it.
(d) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Use them to make jelly.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Throw them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
2. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
3. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
4. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)