|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
(a) Cut off the limbs and let it be for a week.
(b) Avoid all trees within a twenty foot spread of that one.
(c) Let the tree stand.
(d) Take that tree.
2. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(b) Furniture and laundry baskets.
(c) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
(d) Making guitars and banjos.
3. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(b) Sick in bed.
(c) Off working.
(d) No one is sure.
4. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) T-Model Ford.
(b) An Old Jalopy.
(c) A Large Pickup.
(d) An Army Vehicle.
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It is sticky.
(b) It's bad luck.
(c) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(d) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
2. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
3. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
4. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
5. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)