|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Knowledge and determination.
(b) Tools and faith.
(c) Tools and igenuity.
(d) Love and hope.
2. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Gut a chicken.
(b) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
(c) Build a fire.
(d) Kill a snake.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(b) Bows and Arrows.
4. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(b) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(c) It's bad luck.
(d) It is sticky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
2. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
3. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
4. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
5. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)