|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Making each split even.
(b) Picking the correct timber.
(c) Making the splits long enough.
(d) Making clean cuts.
2. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
3. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(b) Souse Meat.
4. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) No one is sure.
(b) Off working.
(c) Sick in bed.
5. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) An entire summer.
(c) Six months.
(d) A full year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
3. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
4. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
5. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)