|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A guitar.
(b) A jug.
(c) Two baskets.
(d) A large chair.
2. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(b) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(c) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(d) An elevated dirt floor.
3. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It is sticky.
(b) It's bad luck.
(c) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(d) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Use them to make jelly.
5. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(b) They were too sick to enjoy them.
(c) They were pleased.
(d) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
2. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
3. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
4. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
5. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)