|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(a) Souse Meat.
2. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
3. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Painting and detailing finished works.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
(d) Bandaging up wounds while working.
4. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) The first car her family ever saw.
(b) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(c) When her parents died.
(d) When her brother's got married.
5. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(b) Making guitars and banjos.
(c) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
(d) Furniture and laundry baskets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
2. What is crucial when making splits?
3. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
4. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
5. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)