|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) Get supplies from the store.
(b) Get a new dog.
(c) Go find a doctor.
(d) See a car.
2. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(c) Yarn Pastor.
(d) Mommy and Poppy.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(b) They were too sick to enjoy them.
(c) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
(d) They were pleased.
4. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
(a) She has offered.
(b) So they can learn from her.
(c) Because she makes good cakes.
(d) Because they enjoy her company.
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(b) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
2. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
3. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
4. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
5. What are the Sleepers?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)