|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(b) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(c) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(d) An elevated dirt floor.
2. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
3. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(a) Souse Meat.
4. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It is sticky.
(b) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(c) It's bad luck.
(d) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
5. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He had heard she was very ill.
(b) He believed she would not welcome him.
(c) He didn't know what to expect.
(d) He knew she was crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
2. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
3. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
4. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
5. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)