|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Making clean cuts.
(b) Picking the correct timber.
(c) Making each split even.
(d) Making the splits long enough.
2. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) An entire summer.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A full year.
(d) Six months.
3. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Furniture and laundry baskets.
(b) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
(c) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(d) Making guitars and banjos.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(a) Bows and Arrows.
5. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
2. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
3. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
4. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
5. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)