|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) No one is sure.
(b) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
(c) To be well above the water satuation point.
(d) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
2. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Desire for unique looking houses.
(b) Lack of trees.
(c) Trend toward an easier life.
(d) European influence.
3. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Use them to make jelly.
4. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(b) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
(c) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
(d) Had the English teacher go over it.
5. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) Hope and Love.
(c) The knowledge to use them.
(d) The ability to pass this information down to future generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
2. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
3. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
4. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)