|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Love and hope.
(b) Tools and faith.
(c) Tools and igenuity.
(d) Knowledge and determination.
2. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) An elevated dirt floor.
(b) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(c) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(d) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
3. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
4. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) The first car her family ever saw.
(b) When her brother's got married.
(c) When her parents died.
(d) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
5. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Trend toward an easier life.
(b) Desire for unique looking houses.
(c) European influence.
(d) Lack of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
2. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
3. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
4. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
5. What are the Sleepers?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)