|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) She felt as if someone was coming.
(b) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
(c) This is where her stuff was.
(d) She was too scared.
2. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
(b) Had the English teacher go over it.
(c) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(d) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(b) Animal Hide.
(c) Animal Bones.
4. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
(b) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(c) Making guitars and banjos.
(d) Furniture and laundry baskets.
5. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A guitar.
(b) A large chair.
(c) Two baskets.
(d) A jug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
2. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
3. What is NOT needed for hewing?
4. What is crucial when making splits?
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)