|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
(a) Drawing knife.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Use them to make jelly.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Throw them away.
3. What are the Sleepers?
(a) Tools that are used to create notches.
(b) Floor beams of the cabin.
4. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(b) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(c) An elevated dirt floor.
(d) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
5. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(b) The first car her family ever saw.
(c) When her parents died.
(d) When her brother's got married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
2. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
3. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
4. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
5. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)