|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Making guitars and banjos.
(b) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(c) Furniture and laundry baskets.
(d) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
2. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
3. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) T-Model Ford.
(b) An Army Vehicle.
(c) An Old Jalopy.
(d) A Large Pickup.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
(b) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(c) They were pleased.
(d) They were too sick to enjoy them.
5. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(b) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(c) An elevated dirt floor.
(d) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
2. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
3. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
5. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)