|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(b) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(c) Blind due to cataracts.
(d) Deaf due to fever.
2. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) See a car.
(b) Get a new dog.
(c) Go find a doctor.
(d) Get supplies from the store.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
(a) Pig tails and a lump of coal.
(b) A candy bar and some new socks.
(c) An apple and a bag of marbles.
(d) Three pieces of candy and an orange.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(b) Souse Meat.
5. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
2. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
3. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
4. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
5. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)