|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(a) Go straight up.
(c) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
(d) Face southeast.
2. What instrument does Daniel play?
3. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
4. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
(a) Plantation dog.
(c) Cattle dog.
(d) Farm dog.
5. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) They can easily set out traps.
(b) It's a mystery.
(c) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
(d) They keep enough of their own livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were early chimneys called?
2. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
3. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
4. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
5. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)