|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
(b) They keep enough of their own livestock.
(c) It's a mystery.
(d) They can easily set out traps.
2. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
3. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
(a) Animals would burrow under it.
(b) It wouldn't draw properly.
(c) It could catch on fire.
(d) It might tilt away from the house or collapse.
4. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
(a) Ham dogs.
(c) Ketch dogs.
(d) Cattle dogs.
5. What instrument does Daniel play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel live in?
2. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
3. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
4. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
5. What were early chimneys called?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)