|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
(a) It wouldn't draw properly.
(b) It could catch on fire.
(c) It might tilt away from the house or collapse.
(d) Animals would burrow under it.
2. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
(a) It lasted one winter and fell appart.
(b) It'd smoke apossum out'a th' house.
(c) A tornado took it a week after it was built.
(d) It took a year to build.
3. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
(b) It's a mystery.
(c) They keep enough of their own livestock.
(d) They can easily set out traps.
4. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(a) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
(c) Go straight up.
(d) Face southeast.
5. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel live in?
2. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
3. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
4. What was Daniel's job?
5. What were early chimneys called?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)