|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
(a) Plantation dog.
(b) Cattle dog.
(c) Farm dog.
2. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
(d) The dark.
3. What instrument does Daniel play?
4. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
5. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(a) Face southeast.
(c) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
(d) Go straight up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
2. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
3. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
4. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
5. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)