|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
(a) Ketch dogs.
(b) Ham dogs.
(c) Cattle dogs.
2. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(a) Go straight up.
(b) Face southeast.
(c) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
3. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
4. What instrument does Daniel play?
5. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
(d) The dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
2. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
3. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
4. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
5. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)