|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Money from the fur.
(b) Change of meat.
(c) Thrill of the hunt.
(d) The boom of the gun.
2. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
(c) The dark.
3. What was Daniel's job?
(a) To keep track of wild birds.
(b) To keep watch on timber fields.
(c) Watch over the fish hatchery.
(d) He was unemployed.
4. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(b) Face southeast.
(c) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
(d) Go straight up.
5. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
(a) Plantation dog.
(c) Farm dog.
(d) Cattle dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
2. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
3. What does Daniel live in?
4. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
5. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)