|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(a) Go straight up.
(b) Face southeast.
(d) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
2. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
3. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
(b) Cattle dogs.
(c) Ketch dogs.
(d) Ham dogs.
4. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
(a) Farm dog.
(b) Cattle dog.
(d) Plantation dog.
5. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
(a) It wouldn't draw properly.
(b) It could catch on fire.
(c) Animals would burrow under it.
(d) It might tilt away from the house or collapse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Daniel's job?
2. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
3. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
4. What does Daniel live in?
5. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)