|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
(a) It might tilt away from the house or collapse.
(b) It wouldn't draw properly.
(c) Animals would burrow under it.
(d) It could catch on fire.
2. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
(a) Cattle dogs.
(b) Ham dogs.
(c) Ketch dogs.
3. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
4. What were early chimneys called?
(a) Stick-and-Mud chimneys.
(b) Smoke stacks.
(c) Brick Rock chimenys
(d) Possum cages.
5. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
(a) A tornado took it a week after it was built.
(b) It took a year to build.
(c) It lasted one winter and fell appart.
(d) It'd smoke apossum out'a th' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
2. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
3. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
4. What instrument does Daniel play?
5. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)