• Foxfire magazine is started in 1968 by a high school teacher named Eliot Wigginton who is trying to get his English students excited about class.
• The students are responsible for raising the funds for the magazine.
• The magazine sells out within the first week and more copies are ordered.
• Wigginton explains that he believes that more inventive teaching methods are more effective rather than stricter punishments.
"This is the Way I was Raised Up"
• The article 'This is the Way I was Raised Up' was written by Mrs. Marvin Watts and was printed just as it was written.
• Mrs. Marvin Watts explains how her father worked to raise everything her family ate.
• One Christmas Mrs. Watts says that each child got three pieces of candy and an orange and they were very happy to have gotten them.
• Mrs. Watts recalls the first time she and her...
This section contains 2,117 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)