|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis cites that his own generation was told not to use which of the following words in relation to strawberries?
2. According to Lewis, it is necessary to make which of the following out of nature?
(b) A theory.
(c) A forecast.
(d) An opinion.
3. A man who works, saves, and plans for his family's future, according to Lewis, is exhibiting which type of love?
(a) Agape love.
(b) True love.
(c) Gift love.
(d) Fatherly love.
4. What type of pleasure can lead an individual to vice?
(a) Desire pleasure.
(b) Superficial pleasure.
(c) Genuine pleasure.
(d) Absolute pleasure.
5. Lewis writes that human emotion tends to lead people toward doing which of the following?
(a) Seek genuine love.
(b) Allow others to influence them for the sake of acceptance and approval.
(c) Be fearful of love.
(d) Judge others by themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pleasure, according to Lewis, is not always which of the following?
2. According to Lewis, what type of patriotism level is required for leaders to undertake wicked actions?
3. Lewis notes that which of the following may help or hinder a personal walk with God?
4. In the analogy example presented by Lewis, the individual he cites is standing atop which of the following in relation to his ultimate destination?
5. Pleasure, according to Lewis, is which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does author C.S. Lewis describe affection?
2. How does the author manage to incorporate patriotism into a book that is supposed to be focused on love?
3. How is disinterest in what is "need pleasure" for others illustrated in a heroic light by the author in the "Likings and Loves for the Sub-Human" section of his book?
4. What does the author write in relation to how a person treats affection in his/her life?
5. Why, based on the author's assertions, do people not want foreigners to take over the governance of their country?
6. What topic(s) does author C.S. Lewis share with the reader in the opening pages of his book that relate to his personal experience about writing a book focused on love?
7. What are the four types of love that the author mentions in relation to the forthcoming focus of his book?
8. What are some common traits in a person enjoying appreciative pleasure as that the author describes?
9. What is an example of "gift love" that the author describes as he continues sharing his observations on the subject of love?
10. What example does the author provide to illustrate that affection does not need to be earned, but simply felt for the familiar?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)