|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many types of pleasure exist, according to Lewis?
(a) Six (6) types.
(b) Two (2) types.
(c) One (1) type.
(d) Five (5) types.
2. Lewis notes that affection ignores which of the following?
(b) All sorts of barriers.
(c) Past romantic history.
(d) Criticism by others.
3. According to Lewis, what type of patriotism level is required for leaders to undertake wicked actions?
(a) Healthy level.
(b) Low level.
(c) Unhealthy level.
(d) High level.
4. In order to avoid being misled toward what he terms "a great deal of nonsense," Lewis suggests that an individual's focus on nature be tempered with which of the following?
(a) Guidance of qualified professional in the science field.
(b) Bible study and prayer.
5. Lewis warns against allowing love from becoming which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lewis, which of the following is the "safest" type of love?
2. According to Lewis, when is it that problems in love arise?
3. Lewis states that it is a fallacy to believe that nature is which of the following?
4. Who, according to Lewis, is more likely to be consumed by love?
5. According to Lewis, a person should constantly be doing which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one way that the author exemplifies "need love"?
2. What does the author allude to as being the determinant for the type of rulers who govern a country?
3. Describe the love-related warning that the author issues to the reader.
4. Describe what the author mentions about our "need love" for God.
5. Describe "need pleasure" as described by the author.
6. Describe the observations that author C.S. Lewis offers in relation to the words, "like" and "love" as he notes that he will begin his discussion of love, "at the very bottom of love--like" in the section of his book subtitled, "Likings and Loves for the Sub-Human."
7. What types of affectionate pairings does the author mention are capable of occurring?
8. How does the author describe "appreciative love"?
9. What words of encouragement does the author have for the mother who feels that her child no longer needs her?
10. Why, based on the author's assertions, do people not want foreigners to take over the governance of their country?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)