|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dirt, writes Lewis in the introduction to his book, is clean as long as it remains on the ground, and not on which of the following?
(a) Library floor.
(b) Church altar.
(c) Kitchen floor.
(d) Hospital floor.
2. According to Lewis, affection is a necessary part of which of the following?
(a) Spontaneous love.
(b) Appreciative love.
(c) Long-term erotic love.
(d) Need love.
3. Lewis cites that false history that puts a country in a better-than-accurate light is which of the following?
4. Lewis writes that many people have problems doing which of the following in relation to truth?
(a) Telling it.
(b) Avoiding it.
(c) Discerning it.
(d) Facing it.
5. According to Lewis, all countries have historical facts that cause their citizens to feel which of the following ways?
6. According to Lewis, affection can be felt between two people who:
(a) Share common interests.
(b) Maintain a business relationship between them.
(c) Seldom see one another.
(d) Have little in common.
7. What Lewis describes as taking place when love consumes a person's life and takes over can be referred to as which of the following?
8. According to Lewis, an individual must take which of the following to reach his/her ultimate destination?
(a) A realistic approach.
(b) A walk with God.
(c) An express bus.
(d) A detour.
9. Which of the following would be a terrible companion for a nature lover, according to Lewis?
(a) An anthropologist.
(b) An ecologist.
(c) A geologist.
(d) A botanist.
10. What does Lewis surmise as being the basis for friendship?
(c) Personal taste.
(d) Common interests.
11. According to Lewis, when bestowed upon which of the following, admiration can be deemed as appreciative love?
(a) A woman.
(b) A parent.
(d) A musical composition.
12. Lewis acknowledges which of the following as being a category of love?
(a) Familial love.
(b) Natural love.
(c) Appreciative love.
(d) Unrequited love.
13. The most common type of love that people feel for God is which type of love?
(a) Deity love.
(b) Gift love.
(c) Agape love.
(d) Need love.
14. Which of the following poets does Lewis quote when he writes, "A man's reason for not wanting his country to be ruled by foreigners are very like his reasons for not wanting his house to be burned down."
(a) Gilbert Keith Chesterton.
(b) Robert Browning.
(c) William Wordsworth.
(d) Walt Whitman.
15. Which of the following does Lewis NOT cite as happening to need love with the passage of time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis states that it is a fallacy to believe that nature is which of the following?
2. The love of a child for a parent is which type of love?
3. Lewis writes that he selected his books the same way that he selected which of the following?
4. The ultimate destination that Lewis mentions in the introduction to his book is which of the following?
5. Lewis cites that which of the following can be deemed heroic?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)