|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis cite as having encountered as he was preparing himself to write his book?
(a) A large number of publishers who were eager to publish his book.
(b) Documentation to support his manuscript.
(d) Encouragement from his colleagues.
2. The most common type of love that people feel for God is which type of love?
(a) Gift love.
(b) Agape love.
(c) Need love.
(d) Deity love.
3. Which of the following would be a terrible companion for a nature lover, according to Lewis?
(a) An ecologist.
(b) A botanist.
(c) A geologist.
(d) An anthropologist.
4. According to Lewis, which of the following is the "safest" type of love?
(a) Absolute love.
(b) All-consuming love.
(c) Superficial love.
(d) Romantic love.
5. Which of the following does Lewis cite as being at the bottom of love?
6. A person enjoying a glass of water is illustrative of which of the following types of pleasure, according to Lewis?
(a) Desire pleasure.
(b) Temporary pleasure.
(c) Genuine pleasure.
(d) Need pleasure.
7. Lewis states that all things should remain in which of the following ways?
(a) In order.
(b) In context.
8. What aspect within their lives do people tend to place most importance upon (along with themselves) in order to put themselves in the best possible light?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their neighborhood.
(d) Their country.
9. What two types of love does a mother provide for her baby, according to Lewis?
(a) Appreciative love and Gift love.
(b) Gift love and Need love.
(c) Agape love and Need love.
(d) Genuine love and Natural love.
10. According to Lewis, how many type(s) of love may co-exist for a single person or thing at any given time?
(a) Three (3) types of love.
(b) Four (4) types of love.
(c) Two (2) types of love.
(d) One (1) type of love.
11. Lewis notes that affection ignores which of the following?
(a) All sorts of barriers.
(b) Past romantic history.
(d) Criticism by others.
12. In explaining contrast between "like" and "love," Lewis states that the highest will not stand with which of the following?
13. Lewis writes that which of the following can be considered equal to appreciative love?
14. Which of the following best describes Lewis' introduction to his book?
15. Lewis cites that which of the following can be deemed heroic?
(a) Appreciative love.
(b) Gift love.
(d) Desire pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis writes that human emotion tends to lead people toward doing which of the following?
2. Lewis cites that his own generation was told not to use which of the following words in relation to strawberries?
3. Lewis states that affection can exist between a cat and which of the following?
4. Who, according to Lewis, is more likely to be consumed by love?
5. An unexpected pleasant aroma, according to Lewis, is which of the following?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)