|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While discussing affection that can occur between different species of animals, Lewis mentions that he has heard of affection occurring between a horse and which of the following?
(a) A duck.
(b) A pig.
(c) A hen.
(d) A rabbit.
2. What topic does Lewis focus on at the opening of the introduction to his book?
(a) How he fell in love with his wife.
(b) How he decided to write about love.
(c) How he loved his immediate family.
(d) How he learned to love God.
3. According to Lewis, when will our need for God end?
(a) At age 100.
(b) At age 90.
(d) At death.
4. According to Lewis, affection usually provides the following:
5. Pleasure, according to Lewis, is not always which of the following?
6. A person enjoying a glass of water is illustrative of which of the following types of pleasure, according to Lewis?
(a) Genuine pleasure.
(b) Desire pleasure.
(c) Temporary pleasure.
(d) Need pleasure.
7. Lewis cites that false history that puts a country in a better-than-accurate light is which of the following?
8. According to Lewis, an individual must take which of the following to reach his/her ultimate destination?
(a) An express bus.
(b) A walk with God.
(c) A detour.
(d) A realistic approach.
9. Which of the following does Lewis cite as not inherent in affection?
(a) Deep bonds.
10. According to Lewis, when is it that problems in love arise?
(a) When love is allowed to diminish.
(b) When love is allowed to take over one's life.
(c) When love is allowed to grow too far out of bounds.
(d) When love is allowed to recur in one's life.
11. In Lewis' example of an individual making his way toward his ultimate destination, each movement that he makes puts him at which of the following distances from his goal?
(a) Equidistant from his destination.
(b) Farther in absolute distance.
(c) Closer in actual distance.
(d) Closer in absolute distance.
12. A man who works, saves, and plans for his family's future, according to Lewis, is exhibiting which type of love?
(a) True love.
(b) Fatherly love.
(c) Agape love.
(d) Gift love.
13. When people ask for God's intervention and forgiveness, Lewis notes, they are exemplifying which type of love?
(a) Agape love.
(b) Deity love.
(c) Need love.
(d) Gift love.
14. Lewis describes affection as not being which of the following?
15. According to Lewis, what is it that nature does not do in relation to theological proposition?
(a) Exclude it.
(b) Contradict it.
(c) Align with it.
(d) Verifiy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dirt, writes Lewis in the introduction to his book, is clean as long as it remains on the ground, and not on which of the following?
2. What Lewis describes as taking place when love consumes a person's life and takes over can be referred to as which of the following?
3. Lewis notes that affection ignores which of the following?
4. At what level does Lewis suggest that patriotism be maintained?
5. According to Lewis, individuals are able to do which of the following in relation to the need pleasures of others?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)