|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis illustrates "appreciative love" by using which of the following as an example?
(d) Wine connoisseur.
2. According to Lewis, an individual must take which of the following to reach his/her ultimate destination?
(a) A detour.
(b) A walk with God.
(c) An express bus.
(d) A realistic approach.
3. Where does Lewis cite as having been the site for his organization of his thoughts about love?
(a) In his mind.
(b) In St. Croix, where he honeymooned.
(c) At his old high school, where he met his first love.
(d) In the house where he was raised.
4. According to Lewis, what does affection expand to when the person upon whom affection is directed is gone?
5. Lewis warns against focusing solely on nature as a means toward which of the following?
(d) Verification of scientific theory.
6. What Lewis describes as taking place when love consumes a person's life and takes over can be referred to as which of the following?
7. The most common type of love that people feel for God is which type of love?
(a) Gift love.
(b) Deity love.
(c) Need love.
(d) Agape love.
8. Who, if anyone, does Lewis cite as "waiting" at the ultimate destination that he mentions that the individual in his example is trying to reach?
(a) His parents.
(c) His sibling(s).
(d) No one.
9. Lewis writes that he selected his books the same way that he selected which of the following?
(a) His friends.
(b) His furniture.
(c) His physicians.
(d) His music.
10. The ultimate destination that Lewis mentions in the introduction to his book is which of the following?
(a) The universe.
(c) A forest.
11. Lewis cites that people who are aggressive patriots will not fight unless which of the following takes place?
(a) They are trained to fight.
(b) They are forbidden to fight.
(c) They are fit to fight.
(d) They are pushed to fight.
12. According to Lewis, a person should constantly be doing which of the following?
(a) In tune with nature.
(b) Helping others.
(c) Educating himself/herself.
(d) Constantly growing closer to God.
13. Pleasure, according to Lewis, is not always which of the following?
14. Lewis observes that a person who truly appreciates a cross-section of humanity is capable of interacting with people from which of the following?
(a) All walks of life.
(b) A different lifestyle from theirs.
(c) From a scholarly community.
(d) From the affluent part of town.
15. Lewis acknowledges which of the following as being a category of love?
(a) Familial love.
(b) Natural love.
(c) Unrequited love.
(d) Appreciative love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does Lewis use to make his points on the subject of love?
2. Lewis describes affection as not being which of the following?
3. According to Lewis, when bestowed upon which of the following, admiration can be deemed as appreciative love?
4. Lewis cites that false history that puts a country in a better-than-accurate light is which of the following?
5. According to Lewis, affection can be felt between two people who:
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)