|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis points out that both men and women want which of the following in addition to a spouse or a significant other?
2. According to Lewis, individuals are able to do which of the following in relation to the need pleasures of others?
(a) Be critical.
(b) Be supportive.
(c) Be disinterested.
(d) Be oblivious.
3. Which is the least jealous of the loves, according to Lewis?
(c) Appreciative love.
(d) Need love.
4. Nature, writes Lewis, should not be used as a means to justify which of the following?
(b) The existence of God.
(c) Our own existence.
(d) Scientific theory.
5. According to Lewis, which of the following methods is used to attempt to bring those falling into bad habits back into the fold?
(b) Reverse psychology.
(d) VIctorian appeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis asserts that which of the following loves may or may not occur when friendship exists between a man and a woman?
2. What is the sole condition under which affection produces happiness according to Lewis?
3. Lewis notes that in the case of an alcoholic, desire pleasure can give way to which type of pleasure?
4. Patriotism, according to Lewis, is good in which of the following amounts?
5. Which of the following does Lewis cite as being at the bottom of love?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)