|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Likings and Loves for the Sub-Human: Pages 20-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following can be correlated to patriotism?
(a) Desire pleasure.
(b) Need love.
(c) Appreciative love.
2. Pleasure, according to Lewis, is not always which of the following?
3. According to Lewis, appreciative love is usually accompanied by a tendency to want to do which of the following?
(a) Protect the object of appreciation.
(b) Patronize the object of appreciation.
(c) Bring the object of appreciation to the attention of others.
(d) Spend a lot of time with the object of appreciation.
4. Lewis warns against allowing love from becoming which of the following?
5. Pleasure, according to Lewis, is which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lewis, when bestowed upon which of the following, admiration can be deemed as appreciative love?
2. According to Lewis, a person should constantly be doing which of the following?
3. Lewis cites that false history that puts a country in a better-than-accurate light is which of the following?
4. Which of the following does Lewis NOT cite as happening to need love with the passage of time?
5. In explaining contrast between "like" and "love," Lewis states that the highest will not stand with which of the following?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)