|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Likings and Loves for the Sub-Human: Pages 20-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nature, writes Lewis, should not be used as a means to justify which of the following?
(a) Our own existence.
(c) The existence of God.
(d) Scientific theory.
2. What does Lewis cite as having encountered as he was preparing himself to write his book?
(b) Encouragement from his colleagues.
(c) A large number of publishers who were eager to publish his book.
(d) Documentation to support his manuscript.
3. When people ask for God's intervention and forgiveness, Lewis notes, they are exemplifying which type of love?
(a) Deity love.
(b) Gift love.
(c) Agape love.
(d) Need love.
4. According to Lewis, it is necessary to make which of the following out of nature?
(a) A forecast.
(b) A theory.
(d) An opinion.
5. Which type of pleasure, according to Lewis, lasts only as long as the need for it does?
(a) Need pleasure.
(b) Temporary pleasure.
(c) Sporadic pleasure.
(d) Involuntary pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following elements does Lewis attribute to making people judge others by themselves?
2. In explaining contrast between "like" and "love," Lewis states that the highest will not stand with which of the following?
3. According to Lewis, how many type(s) of love may co-exist for a single person or thing at any given time?
4. Lewis notes that a true nature lover is more interested in which of the following?
5. According to Lewis, an individual must take which of the following to reach his/her ultimate destination?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)