|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Likings and Loves for the Sub-Human: Pages 20-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, if anyone, does Lewis cite as "waiting" at the ultimate destination that he mentions that the individual in his example is trying to reach?
(a) His parents.
(c) His sibling(s).
(d) No one.
2. Lewis warns against focusing solely on nature as a means toward which of the following?
(d) Verification of scientific theory.
3. Lewis notes that in the case of an alcoholic, desire pleasure can give way to which type of pleasure?
(a) Need pleasure.
(b) Absolute pleasure.
(c) Sporadic pleasure.
(d) Genuine pleasure.
4. According to Lewis, which of the following is the "safest" type of love?
(a) Absolute love.
(b) All-consuming love.
(c) Romantic love.
(d) Superficial love.
5. Patriotism, according to Lewis, is good in which of the following amounts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lewis suggest that the love in nature be kept?
2. Lewis notes that a true nature lover is more interested in which of the following?
3. The love of a child for a parent is which type of love?
4. Lewis states that all things should remain in which of the following ways?
5. Lewis writes that which of the following can be considered equal to appreciative love?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)