|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Likings and Loves for the Sub-Human: Pages 10-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lewis' example of an individual making his way toward his ultimate destination, each movement that he makes puts him at which of the following distances from his goal?
(a) Closer in actual distance.
(b) Equidistant from his destination.
(c) Farther in absolute distance.
(d) Closer in absolute distance.
2. Which type of pleasure, according to Lewis, lasts only as long as the need for it does?
(a) Involuntary pleasure.
(b) Sporadic pleasure.
(c) Need pleasure.
(d) Temporary pleasure.
3. Who, if anyone, does Lewis cite as "waiting" at the ultimate destination that he mentions that the individual in his example is trying to reach?
(a) His sibling(s).
(b) No one.
(d) His parents.
4. Lewis acknowledges which of the following as being a category of love?
(a) Unrequited love.
(b) Familial love.
(c) Appreciative love.
(d) Natural love.
5. Dirt, writes Lewis in the introduction to his book, is clean as long as it remains on the ground, and not on which of the following?
(a) Church altar.
(b) Kitchen floor.
(c) Hospital floor.
(d) Library floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis notes that which of the following may help or hinder a personal walk with God?
2. How many types of pleasure exist, according to Lewis?
3. In explaining contrast between "like" and "love," Lewis states that the highest will not stand with which of the following?
4. Lewis warns against allowing love from becoming which of the following?
5. Lewis writes that human emotion tends to lead people toward doing which of the following?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)