|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Likings and Loves for the Sub-Human: Pages 20-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of pleasure can lead an individual to vice?
(a) Desire pleasure.
(b) Superficial pleasure.
(c) Genuine pleasure.
(d) Absolute pleasure.
2. According to Lewis, when bestowed upon which of the following, admiration can be deemed as appreciative love?
(a) A musical composition.
(b) A woman.
(c) A parent.
3. Lewis warns against focusing solely on nature as a means toward which of the following?
(d) Verification of scientific theory.
4. According to Lewis, it is necessary to make which of the following out of nature?
(a) A forecast.
(b) An opinion.
(c) A theory.
5. Are any of the following pleasures cited as being existent by Lewis?
(a) Need pleasure.
(b) Aromatic pleasure.
(c) Nostalgic pleasure.
(d) Inherent pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis points out that patriotism can be aimed at all but which of the following?
2. Lewis writes that which of the following can be considered equal to appreciative love?
3. Lewis acknowledges which of the following as being a category of love?
4. Which of the following poets does Lewis quote when he writes, "A man's reason for not wanting his country to be ruled by foreigners are very like his reasons for not wanting his house to be burned down."
5. Who, according to Lewis, is more likely to be consumed by love?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)