• Author C.S. Lewis discusses how he arrived at the decision to write about love, how he organized his thoughts, and the problems that he encountered.
• The author begins his first explanation about what love is by introducing two major categories that accommodate all of the various types of human love that are known to exist: "need love" and "gift love."
• Associating "pleasure" with love, the author introduces two major categories, "need pleasure" and "desire pleasure," to accommodate all of the various types of human pleasures known to occur.
• Providing examples, author Lewis issues the reader the first warning about allowing any type of love in his/her life from becoming all-consuming and taking over their life.
Likings and Loves for the Sub-Human: Pages 10-19
• Likings and Loves for the Sub-Human: Pages 10-19.
• Author Lewis begins this section discussing the difference between "like" and "love," as...
This section contains 1,666 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)