|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the troops have to build on darkside?
2. What are those who died in the exercise only allowed to take during the next three days?
3. What poem does Cortez recite in this chapter?
4. What does Mandella learn has been lost?
5. What are the company's fighting suits set to?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what have the platoon commanders been pre-programmed?
2. How does Mandella try and help Marygay as they wait for a medic?
3. What shots are the troops given in Chapter 2, Part 1?
4. How can the suits be dangerous to its user?
5. How does Mandella feel towards the enemy in Chapter 15?
6. How has Stargate changed since the last time Mandella was there?
7. Describe a fighting suit.
8. What are the students' responses to the film?
9. What two things does Captain Stott tell the troops on Charon?
10. Why are the reasons for the army maintaining a strict level of discipline during their journey in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine homosexuality in the novel. Is it a feasible idea that the majority of the population could become homosexual? What would have to change on today's Earth for that to happen?
Essay Topic 2
The Forever War is a famous book which has greatly influenced science fiction. Choose a book written after the Forever War that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Haldeman use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)