|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the animals?
2. Where does the company take a six-month journey?
3. What is Mandella's role within his team?
4. In what subject does Mandella have a background?
5. Where does Mandella stop for a drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advantages and disadvantages do the human have in fighting the Taurans?
2. What has happened to Marygay at the beginning of Chapter 4, Part 2?
3. Describe the journey to Charon.
4. How can the suits be dangerous to its user?
5. What does the company do on the third day?
6. How does Mandella try and help Marygay as they wait for a medic?
7. Why are the heating mechanisms turned off in the opening chapter?
8. What do squad leaders think are the reasons for low morale on the ship?
9. What is the company's job on darkside?
10. What shots are the troops given in Chapter 2, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Haldeman's writing style. How would you describe Haldeman's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Haldeman's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
The Forever War was made into a series of graphic novels. How different are the graphic novels from the book in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
The Forever War is a famous book which has greatly influenced science fiction. Choose a book written after the Forever War that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)