|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who requests Mandella to report to the briefing room?
(a) The sub major
(b) The captain
(c) The commodore
(d) The field marshall
2. What do the troops have that is more advanced than the Taurans?
3. Where is Mandella called for a briefing?
(a) The debriefing room
(b) The luncheon room
(c) The assembly hall
(d) The lounge
4. What is the name of the company's captain on Charon?
(a) Captain Stott
(b) Captain Jones
(c) Captain Jonah
(d) Captain Laurel
5. Where do the troops spend the vast amount of their journey to Charon?
(a) Double gravity
(b) Hyper space
(c) Half gravity
(d) Worm holes
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the commodore likely to be court-martialed?
2. What does Mandella learn has been lost?
3. What does Marygay say Mandella's grenades took out?
4. What are those who died in the exercise only allowed to take during the next three days?
5. What do the green animals look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the companies' orders once they reach the planet?
2. How have things changed at the beginning of Chapter 1, Part 2?
3. What has happened to Marygay at the beginning of Chapter 4, Part 2?
4. Why are the reasons for the army maintaining a strict level of discipline during their journey in Chapter 6?
5. What advantages and disadvantages do the human have in fighting the Taurans?
6. Describe Sergeant Cortez.
7. How does Mandella feel towards the enemy in Chapter 15?
8. How have the Taurens improved their technology since the last meeting?
9. How does the novel open?
10. What is Mandella's feeling about killing the animals in Chapter 12?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)