|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stott feel about the exercise?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He thought it was average.
2. Why does Mandella think that morale is low on the ship?
(a) They need real life.
(b) They need initimacy.
(c) They get no exercise.
(d) They have been there too long.
3. What does one of the men break on his fighting suit?
(a) His heat exchanger
(b) His zip
(c) His oxygen supply
(d) His cooling fan
4. Where does Mandella stop for a drink?
(a) A bar
(b) A cafe
(c) The lounge
(d) His mother's house
5. What will the troops be doing in Charon?
(b) Finding a mate
6. What is the laser designed to do?
(a) Deafen the victim
(b) Blind its victim
(c) Slice the victim into many parts
(d) Warn the victim
7. To what rank has Stott been promoted?
(a) Field marshall
8. What poem does Cortez recite in this chapter?
(a) The harmony poem
(b) The trigger poem
(c) The poem of death
(d) The staying alive poem
9. Which of the following words best describes the Tauran ship?
(a) Bubble like
(c) Coffee colored
(d) Tiger like
10. What is the name of the company's ship?
(a) The Ten-minute Warning
(c) Slim Chance
(d) The Aniversary
11. Who pours out of the building?
(a) Human wasps
(c) Human bees
(d) Woman and children
12. What rank does Mandella get promoted to in this chapter?
(a) Acting corporal
(b) Acting commander
(c) Acting captain
(d) Acting sergeant
13. What is the name of the ship on which they leave Stargate?
(b) Mary Anne
(c) Earth's Hope
(d) The Patriot
14. What do Marygay and Mandella have the pick of if they decide to rejoin the army?
(b) Non-combat assignments
(d) Their rank
15. Where does the company take a six-month journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the troops move to at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What is the name of the novel's main character?
3. What is the nationality of the private that dies in this chapter?
4. What is the name of the alien force with which Earth is at war.
5. What is the name of the company's sergeant on Charon?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)