|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank has Potter been promoted to in this chapter?
2. What causes broken bones during the journey?
(a) Double gravity
(b) Half gravity
(c) Worm holes
(d) Baseball bats
3. Why does Cortez say that capital punishment is the only punishment for not following orders?
(a) Because that is the way it is
(b) Because they cannot afford to lose the war
(c) Because disobedience means death anyway
(d) Because it makes people listen
4. What does the company use to dig holes into the rocky surface of Charon?
(b) Toe lasers
(c) Finger lasers
(d) Nail files
5. Which part of the Russian private's body is blown off?
(a) Her leg
(b) Her hand
(c) Her head
(d) Her arm
6. Where does the company take a six-month journey?
7. What does Cortez order everyone to do at the beginning of this section?
(a) Take cover
8. Where do the troops move to at the beginning of this chapter?
9. What will the troops be doing in Charon?
(a) Finding a mate
10. What rank has Mandella been promoted to in this chapter?
11. The materials are submerged in _____________.
12. How does Stott feel about the exercise?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He thought it was average.
(d) He is disappointed.
13. What is the laser designed to do?
(a) Deafen the victim
(b) Slice the victim into many parts
(c) Blind its victim
(d) Warn the victim
14. What do the troops have to build on darkside?
(a) A bunker
(b) A base
(c) Sleeping quarters
(d) A bridge
15. For what is the commodore likely to be court-martialed?
(a) Disobeying orders
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the private that dies in this chapter?
2. Who requests Mandella to report to the briefing room?
3. What do the troops have that is more advanced than the Taurans?
4. Which of the following words best describes the Tauran ship?
5. What is the name of the female recruit who questions the sergeant about the film?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)