|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which school did Gertrude study music?
2. Zitkala-Sa's name meant _________________.
3. What was the name of the white settlement where Zitkala-Sa and her family lived in 1913?
4. What was Zitkala-Sa's husband's name?
5. How many children did Ohiya have?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Raymond Bonnin. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What were his primary motivations during his life?
Essay Topic 3
It is said that a writer writes what he knows and an artist creates what he knows. What does this statement mean? Did Zitkala-Sa create what she knew? Give three examples to support your answer.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)