|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zitkala-Sa long to live?
2. Zitkala-Sa's name meant _________________.
3. What happened to the land belonging to Indians who were murdered?
4. In what state was the school in #139 located?
5. Tate's family did not have _________________ for food.
Essay Topic 1
Rappaport was a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
What is Zitkala-Sa's legacy? Why did she die in despair? Would she be pleased at the foundation she laid if she were to view the lives of Native Americans in American today?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the book. Why would Zitkala-Sa have felt periods of loneliness in her life? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)