|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the greedy agent at the Indian Bureau with whom Raymond had trouble?
2. What did Mormon families come to the white settlement to see?
3. Who wrote the document entitled "Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians"?
4. Why did Raymond accuse Zitkala-Sa of having an affair?
5. What did Zitkala-Sa love about the white world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zitkala-Sa was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of her life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, characters and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Doreen Rappaport's writing style. How is she different from other writers of her time? What are some of her characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of her classic style in "The Flight of Red Bird".
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)