|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David do that helped with the family's prosperity?
2. Where did Zitkala-Sa long to live?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A city.
(c) A beach area.
(d) A reservation.
3. Tate's family did not have _________________ for food.
(c) cooking utensils.
4. What did Raymond want the government to give to the Utes?
(a) Money for the land they took.
(b) Buffalo for the land they took.
(c) Food for the land they took.
(d) Housing for the land they took.
5. Zitkala-Sa was always reminded of which folklore character when dealing with the government?
(a) Little Turtle.
(c) Brother Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gertrude wrote an article which appeared in which publication?
2. Which Indians were the richest people in the world?
3. Why did Zitkala-Sa resign her position of secretary-treasurer of the Society of American Indians?
4. How old is Gertrude in the chapter, "A Second Visit Home"?
5. Who was the main character in Zitkala-Sa's opera?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zitkala-Sa's heritage, especially the Iktomi story, help equip her to manage in the white man's world?
2. How did Raymond fight for the Ute Indians?
3. What did Zitkala-Sa's opera signify to the world regarding the integration of Indian and white cultures?
4. What conditions did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond find when they moved to Utah?
5. What were the circumstances that had Zitkala-Sa sick, broke and exhausted?
6. Explain the cultural conflict Zitkala-Sa experienced no matter where she was?
7. What was Zitkala-Sa's opinion of peyote?
8. Explain how Zitkala-Sa's name meaning Red Bird symbolized both her life and afterlife.
9. Why did Zitkala-Sa separate herself from the Ute Indians?
10. Who did Zitkala-Sa marry and why did she choose him over Carlos Montezuma?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)