|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zitkala-Sa was a trailblazer for ___________________.
(c) indigent people.
(d) Indian rights.
2. Why did Raymond accuse Zitkala-Sa of having an affair?
(a) She would gaze longingly at another man.
(b) She was no longer affectionate toward him.
(c) She spoke another man's name in her sleep.
(d) She was away for opera rehearsals.
3. Who was the young man who became engaged to Gertrude when she returned to Pennsylvania in 1897?
(a) Thomas Miller.
(b) Thomas Mulgrove.
(c) Thomas Marshall.
(d) Thomas Martin.
4. In her lifetime, Zitkala-Sa had difficulty with _________________.
(b) fitting in.
5. Which Indians were the richest people in the world?
(a) The Osages.
(b) The Crees.
(c) The Potawatomis.
(d) The Dakotas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zitkala-Sa died on January 26 in what year?
2. In what year did the U.S. government finally award the Utes their $3 million?
3. How many children did Ohiya have?
4. Zitkala-Sa wanted peyote to be ____________________.
5. In what state was the school in #139 located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Zitkala-Sa's state of mind at the time of her death in 1938?
2. What was the main problem facing the Ute Indians?
3. What was the plot of Zitkala-Sa's opera?
4. Who did Zitkala-Sa marry and why did she choose him over Carlos Montezuma?
5. What was the project Zitkala-Sa collaborated with William Hanson on in Vernal?
6. Why did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond travel for five months of 1917?
7. Who was Carlos Montezuma and why did Zitkala-Sa not marry him?
8. How did Zitkala-Sa reconnect with Carlos Montezuma in Boston?
9. How did Raymond fight for the Ute Indians?
10. Why did Zitkala-Sa write a report entitled "Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians" and what effect did it have on changes being made for the Osage Indians?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)