|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gertrude wrote an article which appeared in which publication?
(a) New York Post.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) Atlantic Monthly.
(d) The Boston Globe.
2. How many children did Ohiya have?
3. Who lived near the Indian village?
(a) White robbers.
(b) White soldiers.
(c) White settlers.
(d) White missionaries.
4. Which of the following was NOT a use for peyote among the Indians?
(a) Visionary powers.
(c) Religious ceremonies.
(d) Medicinal uses.
5. What was a major problem with the Indian tribe in #112?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the U.S. government finally award the Utes their $3 million?
2. How many years have passed since Gertrude was home at the Yankton Reservation?
3. To what state did Zitkala-Sa and her husband move after their marriage?
4. What did Zitkala-Sa hate about the white world?
5. Which Indians were the richest people in the world?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)