|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zitkala-Sa hate about her life in Utah?
2. What was the membership fee for Indians to belong to the National Council of American Indians?
3. Why did Zitkala-Sa resign her position of secretary-treasurer of the Society of American Indians?
(a) She was too ill to serve.
(b) They elected a peyote majority leader.
(c) She had more creative pursuits now.
(d) Her family required more of her time.
4. Who did Gertrude marry when she was 26?
(a) Raymond Telephause Bonnin.
(b) Robert Lopez.
(c) Thomas Marshall.
(d) Carlos Montezuma.
5. What city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond move to after their son went away to boarding school?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which were the only Indians who received fertile land when the U.S. government divided up the tribal land?
2. At which school did Gertrude study music?
3. With whom did Zitkala-Sa collaborate on an opera?
4. On whom did the Ute Indians rely for food?
5. Why did Zitkala-Sa not attend the last hearing regarding the Osage Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zitkala-Sa's heritage, especially the Iktomi story, help equip her to manage in the white man's world?
2. What troubles were created for Zitkala-Sa and Raymond's marriage by F. Baker, the Indian Bureau agent?
3. What was Zitkala-Sa's opinion of peyote?
4. What was the plot of Zitkala-Sa's opera?
5. Why did Zitkala-Sa separate herself from the Ute Indians?
6. What did the U.S. government do with the tribal land and how did David fare in the action?
7. How did Zitkala-Sa reconnect with Carlos Montezuma in Boston?
8. What were the conditions on the Uintah Reservation that Zitkala-Sa wanted to escape?
9. How did Raymond fight for the Ute Indians?
10. What was the main problem facing the Ute Indians?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)