|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT true about Kitkala-Sa's opera?
(a) Indians danced in the dance scene.
(b) It was performed in Indiana.
(c) Indians donated costumes.
(d) It had Indian lyrics.
2. Who was the young man who became engaged to Gertrude when she returned to Pennsylvania in 1897?
(a) Thomas Marshall.
(b) Thomas Miller.
(c) Thomas Martin.
(d) Thomas Mulgrove.
3. How did Zitkala-Sa feel about the Ute reservation?
(a) It pleased her.
(b) It dissatisfied her.
(c) It frightened her.
(d) It made her happy.
4. Which city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond move to which made them both happy?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) Sioux Falls.
5. Who lived near the Indian village?
(a) White soldiers.
(b) White missionaries.
(c) White robbers.
(d) White settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who testified on Zitkala-Sa's behalf before a senate sub-committee?
2. With what illness was Zitkala-Sa very sick at this time?
3. What lie did the Indian Bureau agent tell about Raymond?
4. Why did Zitkala-Sa not attend the last hearing regarding the Osage Indians?
5. Zitkala-Sa was a trailblazer for ___________________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)