|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which school did Gertrude study music?
(a) Boston Conservatory.
(b) The Julliard School.
(c) Cincinnati Conservatory of the Arts.
(d) New York Arts Academy.
2. Who testified on Zitkala-Sa's behalf before a senate sub-committee?
(a) Samuel Edward Pruitt.
(b) James Allan Michener.
(c) Richard Henry Pratt.
(d) Clayton Edward Hall.
3. Who was Ohiya?
(a) Zitkala-Sa's son.
(b) Zitkala-Sa's brother.
(c) Zitkala-Sa's husband.
(d) Zitkala-Sa's father.
4. Zitkala-Sa wanted peyote to be ____________________.
5. In what year did the U.S. government finally award the Utes their $3 million?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zitkala-Sa not attend the last hearing regarding the Osage Indians?
2. For what war did Raymond enlist?
3. Gertrude and her husband headed to a reservation located in which state?
4. How many children did Ohiya have?
5. Which were the only Indians who received fertile land when the U.S. government divided up the tribal land?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)