|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond return after their travels in "Despair"?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington D.C.
2. Which of the following is NOT something the white men did to the Osage Indians?
(a) They returned a parcel of their land.
(b) They forced them to live in extreme poverty.
(c) They stole their money.
(d) They kept their money.
3. How did Gertrude sign the article that appeared in the publication in #103?
(a) Red Bird.
(b) Gertrude Bonnin.
(d) G. Bonnin.
4. In one example of how the whites swindled the Osage Indians, one woman was entitled to $15,000 a year but her white guardian gave her only __________ a week.
5. Zitkala-Sa wanted peyote to be ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond have with Ohiya's children when they took them in?
2. What was Zitkala-Sa's husband's name?
3. What was peyote?
4. Which were the only Indians who received fertile land when the U.S. government divided up the tribal land?
5. For what war did Raymond enlist?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)