|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something which Gertrude needed?
(d) City Life.
2. What was the membership fee for Indians to belong to the National Council of American Indians?
3. What was the state of Zitkala-Sa and Raymond's financial situation?
(a) They were poor.
(b) They were making more each year.
(c) They had plenty of money.
(d) They were comfortable.
4. In her lifetime, Zitkala-Sa had difficulty with _________________.
(c) fitting in.
5. Why did David lose his job at the Indian Bureau?
(a) He came in drunk after lunch one day.
(b) He stole some money.
(c) He was late too many times.
(d) The job was given to a white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Zitkala-Sa's husband's name?
2. What was a major problem with the Indian tribe in #112?
3. With whom did Zitkala-Sa collaborate on an opera?
4. From what disease did Gertrude's fiance die?
5. On whom did the Ute Indians rely for food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Carlos Montezuma and why did Zitkala-Sa not marry him?
2. Why did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond travel for five months of 1917?
3. How did Zitkala-Sa reconnect with Carlos Montezuma in Boston?
4. What was the main problem facing the Ute Indians?
5. Why were Zitkala-Sa and Raymond happy to move to Washington D.C.?
6. What is peyote, and how did the Indians use it?
7. What did Zitkala-Sa's opera signify to the world regarding the integration of Indian and white cultures?
8. What were the circumstances that had Zitkala-Sa sick, broke and exhausted?
9. What conditions did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond find when they moved to Utah?
10. Why did peyote represent a lack of control that Zitkala-Sa had in both her Indian and white worlds?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)