|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David do that helped with the family's prosperity?
2. Why did the character in #132 have to dance a sun dance in the opera?
(a) To insure luck on the buffalo hunt.
(b) To bring an end to the rains.
(c) To prove his worthiness to his beloved.
(d) To bring an abundant harvest.
3. What gave Zitkala-Sa the cultural joy she most craved?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The white culture.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her Indian home.
4. To what city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond return after their travels in "Despair"?
(b) New York.
(c) Washington D.C.
5. Who wrote the document entitled "Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians"?
(b) Richard Henry Pratt.
(c) Zitkala-Sa and Raymond.
(d) Zitkala-Sa and others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main character in Zitkala-Sa's opera?
2. Where did Zitkala-Sa long to live?
3. Why did Raymond accuse Zitkala-Sa of having an affair?
4. Gertrude and her husband headed to a reservation located in which state?
5. Ohiya's children can be described as ______________ in this chapter.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)