|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Gertrude been at the boarding school?
2. A Quaker woman offered to pay for Gertrude's education at which school?
(b) Earlham College.
(d) University of Detroit.
3. What did the girls wear at the boarding school?
(a) Stiff dresses.
(b) Long shirt.
(d) Jeans and shirt.
4. Who was Judewin?
(a) Gertrude's friend.
(b) Gertrude's sister.
(c) Gertrude's mother.
(d) Gertrude's grandmother.
5. How many children did Tate have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the devil in Gertrude's dream symbolize?
2. What did Gertrude observe that was important to the Quaker teachers?
3. Gertrude was born on February 22 in what year?
4. What was forbidden to the Indian children?
5. Gertrude had a bad dream in which _________________ came to get Tate and her guest.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the devil in the Bible stories symbolize for Gertrude?
2. What publication did Gertrude write for when she was 24, and what was the content of her article?
3. How did Gertrude begin her fight for both women and Indian rights?
4. What is the premise of "The Flight of Red Bird: The Life of Zitkala-Sa"?
5. What did Gertrude recall about what her mother said about people who had their hair cut off and what did Gertrude do to try to avoid losing her own hair?
6. What shocked Gertrude about punishment meted out on Judewin for playing in the snow?
7. What were some of the shocking experiences of Gertrude and the other children on the first day of school?
8. Was Gertrude conflicted while experiencing an identity crisis as a girl?
9. How was Gertrude able to attend college in Indiana?
10. Describe what you can recall about the story of Prairie Flower and Cloud Elk.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)