|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zitkala-Sa wanted to leave Washington D. C. and go ____________________.
(a) to Boston.
(b) to the West coast.
(c) to Indiana.
(d) back to the reservation.
2. What did Zitkala-Sa love about the white world?
3. What was the membership fee for Indians to belong to the National Council of American Indians?
4. Who was the main character in Zitkala-Sa's opera?
5. What religion did Zitkala-Sa convert to during this time?
6. Zitkala-Sa's best memories were from living ____________________.
(a) in Pennsylvania.
(b) at the reservation.
(c) in Boston.
(d) in Indiana.
7. On whom did the Ute Indians rely for food?
(a) Tribal farmers.
(b) Tribal trappers.
(c) The U.S. government.
(d) Tribal hunters.
8. What was Zitkala-Sa's husband's name?
9. What problem did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond have with Ohiya's children when they took them in?
(a) They were malnourished.
(b) They were too out of control.
(c) They had no formal schooling.
(d) They had no table manners.
10. Zitkala-Sa told the government that Sitting Bull was her ___________________.
11. In what year did the U.S. government finally award the Utes their $3 million?
12. Which of the following is NOT something which Gertrude needed?
(a) City Life.
13. Which were the only Indians who received fertile land when the U.S. government divided up the tribal land?
(a) Those who had old people.
(b) Those who were not ill.
(c) Those who had little children.
(d) Those who accepted the white culture.
14. Gertrude received recognition with performances using which musical instrument?
15. What was the name of the white settlement where Zitkala-Sa and her family lived in 1913?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Raymond accuse Zitkala-Sa of having an affair?
2. The Utes won a settlement from the U.S. government in the amount of ______________ for their land.
3. From which tribe did the young man in #98 come?
4. How did Zitkala-Sa feel about the Ute reservation?
5. With whom did Zitkala-Sa collaborate on an opera?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)