|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Zitkala-Sa emerged when on the Ute reservation?
(a) Her white identity.
(b) Her female identity.
(c) Her maternal identity.
(d) Her Sioux identity.
2. Who was the greedy agent at the Indian Bureau with whom Raymond had trouble?
(a) F. Barker.
(b) F. Bolton.
(c) F. Bowen.
(d) F. Baker.
3. From which tribe did the young man in #98 come?
4. With whom did Zitkala-Sa collaborate on an opera?
(a) William Hanson.
(b) Joseph Samuels.
(c) James Hennigan.
(d) Edward Coates.
5. Why did the character in #132 have to dance a sun dance in the opera?
(a) To prove his worthiness to his beloved.
(b) To insure luck on the buffalo hunt.
(c) To bring an abundant harvest.
(d) To bring an end to the rains.
6. What did David do that helped with the family's prosperity?
7. Why did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond travel around in the chapter entitled, "Despair"?
(a) They documented Indian injustices.
(b) They looked for some land to purchase.
(c) They looked for a good place to start a school.
(d) They were covering the West for a Boston publication.
8. Why did Zitkala-Sa not attend the last hearing regarding the Osage Indians?
(a) She was too ill.
(b) She was afraid of being murdered.
(c) She had a scheduling conflict.
(d) It was too far to travel.
9. Which of the following is NOT something which Gertrude needed?
(c) City Life.
10. What was a major problem with the Indian tribe in #112?
11. What was the state of Zitkala-Sa and Raymond's financial situation?
(a) They had plenty of money.
(b) They were comfortable.
(c) They were making more each year.
(d) They were poor.
12. Which of the following was NOT true about Kitkala-Sa's opera?
(a) Indians danced in the dance scene.
(b) It was performed in Indiana.
(c) Indians donated costumes.
(d) It had Indian lyrics.
13. Why did Zitkala-Sa resign her position of secretary-treasurer of the Society of American Indians?
(a) They elected a peyote majority leader.
(b) She was too ill to serve.
(c) She had more creative pursuits now.
(d) Her family required more of her time.
14. What was the name of the reservation where Zitkala-Sa and her husband lived in the state in #110?
(a) Uintah Reservation.
(b) Colorado Reservation.
(c) Yankton Reservation.
(d) Lakota Reservation.
15. Who did Gertrude marry when she was 26?
(a) Robert Lopez.
(b) Thomas Marshall.
(c) Raymond Telephause Bonnin.
(d) Carlos Montezuma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruthless men swindled money from the Utes by selling __________________-.
2. Zitkala-Sa wanted to leave Washington D. C. and go ____________________.
3. Zitkala-Sa died on January 26 in what year?
4. What role did Zitkala-Sa take on in the Society of American Indians?
5. On whom did the Ute Indians rely for food?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)