|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state was the school in #139 located?
2. To what city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond return after their travels in "Despair"?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York.
3. What role did Zitkala-Sa take on in the Society of American Indians?
(a) Public Relations agent.
(c) Board member.
4. Gertrude received recognition with performances using which musical instrument?
5. Who was the greedy agent at the Indian Bureau with whom Raymond had trouble?
(a) F. Bolton.
(b) F. Baker.
(c) F. Bowen.
(d) F. Barker.
6. Tate's family did not have _________________ for food.
(a) cooking utensils.
7. Who was the young man who became engaged to Gertrude when she returned to Pennsylvania in 1897?
(a) Thomas Miller.
(b) Thomas Marshall.
(c) Thomas Mulgrove.
(d) Thomas Martin.
8. Zitkala-Sa protested the use of peyote because ________________________.
(a) it was toxic.
(b) it caused cancer.
(c) it was addictive.
(d) it was easy to get.
9. What was the name of the organization founded by Zitkala-Sa and Raymond?
(a) National Indian Association of America.
(b) Native American Council.
(c) National Council of American Indians.
(d) American Indian Association.
10. From what disease did Gertrude's fiance die?
11. Gertrude and her husband headed to a reservation located in which state?
12. What was the name of the reservation where Zitkala-Sa and her husband lived in the state in #110?
(a) Yankton Reservation.
(b) Lakota Reservation.
(c) Uintah Reservation.
(d) Colorado Reservation.
13. Zitkala-Sa's best memories were from living ____________________.
(a) in Boston.
(b) in Pennsylvania.
(c) in Indiana.
(d) at the reservation.
14. Which were the only Indians who received fertile land when the U.S. government divided up the tribal land?
(a) Those who had little children.
(b) Those who had old people.
(c) Those who were not ill.
(d) Those who accepted the white culture.
15. Which of the following is NOT something the white men did to the Osage Indians?
(a) They kept their money.
(b) They forced them to live in extreme poverty.
(c) They returned a parcel of their land.
(d) They stole their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a major problem with the Indian tribe in #112?
2. What did David do that helped with the family's prosperity?
3. Ohiya's children can be described as ______________ in this chapter.
4. Who wrote the document entitled "Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians"?
5. What was the name of the white settlement where Zitkala-Sa and her family lived in 1913?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)