|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived near the Indian village?
(a) White soldiers.
(b) White settlers.
(c) White missionaries.
(d) White robbers.
2. What role did Zitkala-Sa take on in the Society of American Indians?
(b) Board member.
(d) Public Relations agent.
3. In one example of how the whites swindled the Osage Indians, one woman was entitled to $15,000 a year but her white guardian gave her only __________ a week.
4. Which city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond move to which made them both happy?
(b) Sioux Falls.
(d) Washington D.C.
5. With whom did Zitkala-Sa collaborate on an opera?
(a) William Hanson.
(b) James Hennigan.
(c) Edward Coates.
(d) Joseph Samuels.
6. How much land had the U.S. government taken from the Ute Indians?
(a) 2 million acres.
(b) 500,000 acres.
(c) 50 million acres.
(d) 10 million acres.
7. For how long did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond travel around in the chapter entitled, "Despair"?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 18 months.
8. Zitkala-Sa told the government that Sitting Bull was her ___________________.
9. What did Zitkala-Sa hate about the white world?
10. Zitkala-Sa was always reminded of which folklore character when dealing with the government?
(b) Brother Moon.
(d) Little Turtle.
11. Which of the following was NOT a use for peyote among the Indians?
(a) Religious ceremonies.
(b) Medicinal uses.
(d) Visionary powers.
12. Zitkala-Sa died on January 26 in what year?
13. Which of the following is NOT something which Gertrude needed?
(c) City Life.
14. The Ute Indians had problems with drinking and __________________.
(a) playing cards.
(b) reckless driving.
(c) anger management.
15. What did Zitkala-Sa love about the white world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zitkala-Sa's separate herself from the Ute Indians?
2. Where did Zitkala-Sa long to live?
3. How many children did Ohiya have?
4. What happened to the land belonging to Indians who were murdered?
5. How did Gertrude sign the article that appeared in the publication in #103?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)