|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the young man who became engaged to Gertrude when she returned to Pennsylvania in 1897?
(a) Thomas Mulgrove.
(b) Thomas Martin.
(c) Thomas Marshall.
(d) Thomas Miller.
2. Who was the greedy agent at the Indian Bureau with whom Raymond had trouble?
(a) F. Baker.
(b) F. Barker.
(c) F. Bowen.
(d) F. Bolton.
3. Tate's family did not have _________________ for food.
(d) cooking utensils.
4. What did Zitkala-Sa hate about her life in Utah?
5. What did Raymond want the government to give to the Utes?
(a) Buffalo for the land they took.
(b) Housing for the land they took.
(c) Money for the land they took.
(d) Food for the land they took.
6. What city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond move to after their son went away to boarding school?
(c) New York.
7. Which of the following is NOT something the white men did to the Osage Indians?
(a) They forced them to live in extreme poverty.
(b) They returned a parcel of their land.
(c) They kept their money.
(d) They stole their money.
8. Which Indians were the richest people in the world?
(a) The Dakotas.
(b) The Osages.
(c) The Potawatomis.
(d) The Crees.
9. How did Zitkala-Sa feel about the Ute reservation?
(a) It made her happy.
(b) It pleased her.
(c) It frightened her.
(d) It dissatisfied her.
10. The Utes won a settlement from the U.S. government in the amount of ______________ for their land.
(a) $10 million.
(b) $1 million.
(c) $3 million.
(d) $50 million.
11. Which city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond move to which made them both happy?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Sioux Falls.
12. Which one of Zitkala-Sa's former boyfriends started the Society of American Indians?
13. Into what type of boarding school did Zitkala-Sa place her son?
(a) A government boarding school.
(b) A Benedictine boarding school.
(c) A college preparatory school.
(d) An Episcopalian boarding school.
14. With whom did Zitkala-Sa collaborate on an opera?
(a) Edward Coates.
(b) Joseph Samuels.
(c) James Hennigan.
(d) William Hanson.
15. Zitkala-Sa's best memories were from living ____________________.
(a) in Boston.
(b) in Indiana.
(c) in Pennsylvania.
(d) at the reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the membership fee for Indians to belong to the National Council of American Indians?
2. Who lived near the Indian village?
3. In her lifetime, Zitkala-Sa had difficulty with _________________.
4. In what state was the school in #139 located?
5. Why did Zitkala-Sa not attend the last hearing regarding the Osage Indians?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)