|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much land had the U.S. government taken from the Ute Indians?
(a) 2 million acres.
(b) 50 million acres.
(c) 10 million acres.
(d) 500,000 acres.
2. How old is Gertrude in the chapter, "A Second Visit Home"?
3. What did Raymond want the government to give to the Utes?
(a) Buffalo for the land they took.
(b) Food for the land they took.
(c) Housing for the land they took.
(d) Money for the land they took.
4. What was a major problem with the Indian tribe in #112?
5. Who wrote the document entitled "Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians"?
(a) Zitkala-Sa and Raymond.
(b) Zitkala-Sa and others.
(d) Richard Henry Pratt.
6. To what state did Zitkala-Sa and her husband move after their marriage?
7. Which of the following was NOT a use for peyote among the Indians?
(a) Medicinal uses.
(b) Visionary powers.
(d) Religious ceremonies.
8. Ruthless men swindled money from the Utes by selling __________________-.
9. Who was the young man who became engaged to Gertrude when she returned to Pennsylvania in 1897?
(a) Thomas Marshall.
(b) Thomas Mulgrove.
(c) Thomas Miller.
(d) Thomas Martin.
10. Why did Zitkala-Sa not attend the last hearing regarding the Osage Indians?
(a) She had a scheduling conflict.
(b) She was too ill.
(c) It was too far to travel.
(d) She was afraid of being murdered.
11. The Utes won a settlement from the U.S. government in the amount of ______________ for their land.
(a) $1 million.
(b) $50 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $3 million.
12. At which school did Gertrude study music?
(a) The Julliard School.
(b) Boston Conservatory.
(c) Cincinnati Conservatory of the Arts.
(d) New York Arts Academy.
13. Zitkala-Sa's best memories were from living ____________________.
(a) in Indiana.
(b) in Boston.
(c) at the reservation.
(d) in Pennsylvania.
14. Ohiya's children can be described as ______________ in this chapter.
15. Which of the following is NOT something which Gertrude needed?
(b) City Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the land belonging to Indians who were murdered?
2. What Indian tribe lived on the reservation in #111?
3. In what year did the U.S. government finally award the Utes their $3 million?
4. How old was Zitkala-Sa's son in the chapter, "Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Bonnin"?
5. Gertrude wrote an article which appeared in which publication?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)