|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zitkala-Sa's best memories were from living ____________________.
(a) at the reservation.
(b) in Indiana.
(c) in Boston.
(d) in Pennsylvania.
2. With whom did Zitkala-Sa collaborate on an opera?
(a) James Hennigan.
(b) William Hanson.
(c) Joseph Samuels.
(d) Edward Coates.
3. Which Indians were the richest people in the world?
(a) The Osages.
(b) The Crees.
(c) The Potawatomis.
(d) The Dakotas.
4. How much land had the U.S. government taken from the Ute Indians?
(a) 10 million acres.
(b) 50 million acres.
(c) 500,000 acres.
(d) 2 million acres.
5. For how long did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond travel around in the chapter entitled, "Despair"?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 5 months.
6. For what war did Raymond enlist?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
7. At which school did Gertrude study music?
(a) The Julliard School.
(b) Cincinnati Conservatory of the Arts.
(c) New York Arts Academy.
(d) Boston Conservatory.
8. What was a major problem with the Indian tribe in #112?
9. How old is Gertrude in the chapter, "A Second Visit Home"?
10. What happened to the land belonging to Indians who were murdered?
(a) It was given to white guardians.
(b) It was given to white settlers.
(c) It was given to their families.
(d) It was given to Negro slaves.
11. What was the state of Zitkala-Sa and Raymond's financial situation?
(a) They were making more each year.
(b) They were comfortable.
(c) They were poor.
(d) They had plenty of money.
12. What gave Zitkala-Sa the cultural joy she most craved?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her Indian home.
(d) The white culture.
13. What was the name of the white settlement where Zitkala-Sa and her family lived in 1913?
14. From what disease did Gertrude's fiance die?
15. Why did Raymond accuse Zitkala-Sa of having an affair?
(a) She spoke another man's name in her sleep.
(b) She was no longer affectionate toward him.
(c) She would gaze longingly at another man.
(d) She was away for opera rehearsals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Gertrude marry when she was 26?
2. To what city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond return after their travels in "Despair"?
3. What problem did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond have with Ohiya's children when they took them in?
4. Zitkala-Sa was a trailblazer for ___________________.
5. Gertrude and her husband headed to a reservation located in which state?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)