Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which school did Gertrude study music?
(a) Boston Conservatory.
(b) The Julliard School.
(c) Cincinnati Conservatory of the Arts.
(d) New York Arts Academy.
2. Who testified on Zitkala-Sa's behalf before a senate sub-committee?
(a) Samuel Edward Pruitt.
(b) James Allan Michener.
(c) Richard Henry Pratt.
(d) Clayton Edward Hall.
3. Who was Ohiya?
(a) Zitkala-Sa's son.
(b) Zitkala-Sa's brother.
(c) Zitkala-Sa's husband.
(d) Zitkala-Sa's father.
4. Zitkala-Sa wanted peyote to be ____________________.
5. In what year did the U.S. government finally award the Utes their $3 million?
6. Why did Zitkala-Sa not attend the last hearing regarding the Osage Indians?
(a) She was too ill.
(b) She had a scheduling conflict.
(c) She was afraid of being murdered.
(d) It was too far to travel.
7. For what war did Raymond enlist?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Vietnam War.
8. Gertrude and her husband headed to a reservation located in which state?
9. How many children did Ohiya have?
10. Which were the only Indians who received fertile land when the U.S. government divided up the tribal land?
(a) Those who had old people.
(b) Those who accepted the white culture.
(c) Those who were not ill.
(d) Those who had little children.
11. What religion did Zitkala-Sa convert to during this time?
12. What did David do that helped with the family's prosperity?
13. Which city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond move to which made them both happy?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(d) Washington D.C.
14. The white settlement in #127 was how many miles from the Ute reservation?
15. How old was Zitkala-Sa's son in the chapter, "Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Bonnin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the document entitled "Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians"?
2. From what disease did Gertrude's fiance die?
3. How did Gertrude sign the article that appeared in the publication in #103?
4. What was Zitkala-Sa's husband's name?
5. What did Zitkala-Sa love about the white world?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)