|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zitkala-Sa wanted to leave Washington D. C. and go ____________________.
(a) to Boston.
(b) to Indiana.
(c) to the West coast.
(d) back to the reservation.
2. What part of Zitkala-Sa emerged when on the Ute reservation?
(a) Her female identity.
(b) Her maternal identity.
(c) Her white identity.
(d) Her Sioux identity.
3. What was the name of the white settlement where Zitkala-Sa and her family lived in 1913?
4. Where did Zitkala-Sa long to live?
(a) A city.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A reservation.
(d) A beach area.
5. Zitkala-Sa died on January 26 in what year?
6. The Ute Indians had problems with drinking and __________________.
(a) playing cards.
(b) reckless driving.
(c) anger management.
7. What happened to the land belonging to Indians who were murdered?
(a) It was given to white guardians.
(b) It was given to white settlers.
(c) It was given to their families.
(d) It was given to Negro slaves.
8. In what state was the school in #139 located?
9. To what state did Zitkala-Sa and her husband move after their marriage?
10. How did Zitkala-Sa feel about the Ute reservation?
(a) It made her happy.
(b) It dissatisfied her.
(c) It frightened her.
(d) It pleased her.
11. What was the state of Zitkala-Sa and Raymond's financial situation?
(a) They were poor.
(b) They had plenty of money.
(c) They were comfortable.
(d) They were making more each year.
12. Zitkala-Sa told the government that Sitting Bull was her ___________________.
13. Which Indians were the richest people in the world?
(a) The Potawatomis.
(b) The Osages.
(c) The Dakotas.
(d) The Crees.
14. How much land had the U.S. government taken from the Ute Indians?
(a) 50 million acres.
(b) 500,000 acres.
(c) 10 million acres.
(d) 2 million acres.
15. Who did Gertrude marry when she was 26?
(a) Carlos Montezuma.
(b) Thomas Marshall.
(c) Raymond Telephause Bonnin.
(d) Robert Lopez.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zitkala-Sa's separate herself from the Ute Indians?
2. On whom did the Ute Indians rely for food?
3. Ohiya's children can be described as ______________ in this chapter.
4. To what city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond return after their travels in "Despair"?
5. What was the name of the opera co-written by Zitkala-Sa?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)