|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Indian tribe lived on the reservation in #111?
2. In her lifetime, Zitkala-Sa had difficulty with _________________.
(c) fitting in.
3. Who was the main character in Zitkala-Sa's opera?
4. How did Gertrude sign the article that appeared in the publication in #103?
(b) G. Bonnin.
(c) Red Bird.
(d) Gertrude Bonnin.
5. Who did Gertrude marry when she was 26?
(a) Raymond Telephause Bonnin.
(b) Thomas Marshall.
(c) Robert Lopez.
(d) Carlos Montezuma.
6. Gertrude and her husband headed to a reservation located in which state?
7. What was the name of the opera co-written by Zitkala-Sa?
(a) Dances with Wolves.
(b) The Sun Dance.
(c) The Buffalo Moon.
(d) Indian Summer.
8. Which city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond move to which made them both happy?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) Sioux Falls.
9. Who lived near the Indian village?
(a) White soldiers.
(b) White settlers.
(c) White missionaries.
(d) White robbers.
10. What part of Zitkala-Sa emerged when on the Ute reservation?
(a) Her maternal identity.
(b) Her white identity.
(c) Her Sioux identity.
(d) Her female identity.
11. Which of the following is NOT something which Gertrude needed?
(b) City Life.
12. With what illness was Zitkala-Sa very sick at this time?
13. Zitkala-Sa protested the use of peyote because ________________________.
(a) it was addictive.
(b) it caused cancer.
(c) it was toxic.
(d) it was easy to get.
14. Which one of Zitkala-Sa's former boyfriends started the Society of American Indians?
15. Zitkala-Sa told the government that Sitting Bull was her ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did Zitkala-Sa convert to during this time?
2. Who was the young man who became engaged to Gertrude when she returned to Pennsylvania in 1897?
3. Tate's family did not have _________________ for food.
4. On whom did the Ute Indians rely for food?
5. What problem did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond have with Ohiya's children when they took them in?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)