|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gertrude and her husband headed to a reservation located in which state?
2. Ohiya's children can be described as ______________ in this chapter.
3. What lie did the Indian Bureau agent tell about Raymond?
(a) That he gambled his money away.
(b) That he was a drunk.
(c) That he stole food from the bureau.
(d) That he beat Zitkala-Sa.
4. Zitkala-Sa was always reminded of which folklore character when dealing with the government?
(a) Brother Moon.
(c) Little Turtle.
5. Zitkala-Sa's name meant _________________.
(a) mourning dove.
(b) little turtle.
(c) black crow.
(d) red bird.
6. How did Gertrude sign the article that appeared in the publication in #103?
(a) Gertrude Bonnin.
(c) G. Bonnin.
(d) Red Bird.
7. What was peyote?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A house.
(c) A small cactus.
(d) A necklace.
8. In what state was the school in #139 located?
9. For how long did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond travel around in the chapter entitled, "Despair"?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 18 months.
10. What was the state of Zitkala-Sa and Raymond's financial situation?
(a) They were poor.
(b) They were comfortable.
(c) They had plenty of money.
(d) They were making more each year.
11. What Indian tribe lived on the reservation in #111?
12. Why did the character in #132 have to dance a sun dance in the opera?
(a) To bring an abundant harvest.
(b) To prove his worthiness to his beloved.
(c) To insure luck on the buffalo hunt.
(d) To bring an end to the rains.
13. What was the name of the reservation where Zitkala-Sa and her husband lived in the state in #110?
(a) Yankton Reservation.
(b) Lakota Reservation.
(c) Uintah Reservation.
(d) Colorado Reservation.
14. For what war did Raymond enlist?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
15. What did Zitkala-Sa hate about the white world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zitkala-Sa long to live?
2. From which tribe did the young man in #98 come?
3. Gertrude wrote an article which appeared in which publication?
4. Zitkala-Sa's best memories were from living ____________________.
5. How old is Gertrude in the chapter, "A Second Visit Home"?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)