|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the document entitled "Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians"?
(a) Zitkala-Sa and Raymond.
(c) Richard Henry Pratt.
(d) Zitkala-Sa and others.
2. What did Mormon families come to the white settlement to see?
(a) Farm implements.
(b) An opera.
(c) The Indians.
(d) Indian housing.
3. Who lived near the Indian village?
(a) White soldiers.
(b) White missionaries.
(c) White robbers.
(d) White settlers.
4. For what war did Raymond enlist?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Vietnam War.
5. Zitkala-Sa died on January 26 in what year?
6. The Ute Indians had problems with drinking and __________________.
(a) playing cards.
(b) anger management.
(d) reckless driving.
7. Into what type of boarding school did Zitkala-Sa place her son?
(a) A government boarding school.
(b) An Episcopalian boarding school.
(c) A Benedictine boarding school.
(d) A college preparatory school.
8. How many years have passed since Gertrude was home at the Yankton Reservation?
9. How old was Zitkala-Sa's son in the chapter, "Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Bonnin"?
10. Who was the Indian doctor who wanted to marry Gertrude in Boston?
(a) Carlos Ackley.
(b) Carlos Santana.
(c) Carlos Lopez.
(d) Carlos Montezuma.
11. Gertrude wrote an article which appeared in which publication?
(a) New York Post.
(b) Atlantic Monthly.
(c) The Boston Globe.
(d) The New Yorker.
12. What was the name of the white settlement where Zitkala-Sa and her family lived in 1913?
13. What was a major problem with the Indian tribe in #112?
14. With what illness was Zitkala-Sa very sick at this time?
15. What part of Zitkala-Sa emerged when on the Ute reservation?
(a) Her female identity.
(b) Her Sioux identity.
(c) Her maternal identity.
(d) Her white identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zitkala-Sa long to live?
2. What city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond move to after their son went away to boarding school?
3. Who was Ohiya?
4. Why did Raymond accuse Zitkala-Sa of having an affair?
5. What did Zitkala-Sa love about the white world?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)