|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Zitkala-Sa convert to during this time?
2. The Utes won a settlement from the U.S. government in the amount of ______________ for their land.
(a) $1 million.
(b) $3 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $50 million.
3. For what war did Raymond enlist?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
4. What lie did the Indian Bureau agent tell about Raymond?
(a) That he was a drunk.
(b) That he beat Zitkala-Sa.
(c) That he stole food from the bureau.
(d) That he gambled his money away.
5. What was the name of the organization founded by Zitkala-Sa and Raymond?
(a) National Council of American Indians.
(b) Native American Council.
(c) National Indian Association of America.
(d) American Indian Association.
6. Zitkala-Sa wanted peyote to be ____________________.
7. Why did David lose his job at the Indian Bureau?
(a) He stole some money.
(b) He came in drunk after lunch one day.
(c) He was late too many times.
(d) The job was given to a white man.
8. Who lived near the Indian village?
(a) White robbers.
(b) White missionaries.
(c) White soldiers.
(d) White settlers.
9. What problem did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond have with Ohiya's children when they took them in?
(a) They had no table manners.
(b) They had no formal schooling.
(c) They were too out of control.
(d) They were malnourished.
10. Why did Zitkala-Sa not attend the last hearing regarding the Osage Indians?
(a) It was too far to travel.
(b) She was too ill.
(c) She was afraid of being murdered.
(d) She had a scheduling conflict.
11. To what city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond return after their travels in "Despair"?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
12. What role did Zitkala-Sa take on in the Society of American Indians?
(a) Public Relations agent.
(b) Board member.
13. What did David do that helped with the family's prosperity?
14. Who was the greedy agent at the Indian Bureau with whom Raymond had trouble?
(a) F. Bolton.
(b) F. Bowen.
(c) F. Barker.
(d) F. Baker.
15. In what year did the U.S. government finally award the Utes their $3 million?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a major problem with the Indian tribe in #112?
2. What city did Zitkala-Sa and Raymond move to after their son went away to boarding school?
3. In what state was the school in #139 located?
4. What Indian tribe lived on the reservation in #111?
5. In one example of how the whites swindled the Osage Indians, one woman was entitled to $15,000 a year but her white guardian gave her only __________ a week.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)