|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one example of how the whites swindled the Osage Indians, one woman was entitled to $15,000 a year but her white guardian gave her only __________ a week.
2. How did Gertrude sign the article that appeared in the publication in #103?
(a) Red Bird.
(c) G. Bonnin.
(d) Gertrude Bonnin.
3. At which school did Gertrude study music?
(a) Cincinnati Conservatory of the Arts.
(b) Boston Conservatory.
(c) The Julliard School.
(d) New York Arts Academy.
4. What was the state of Zitkala-Sa and Raymond's financial situation?
(a) They were making more each year.
(b) They were poor.
(c) They were comfortable.
(d) They had plenty of money.
5. What was the membership fee for Indians to belong to the National Council of American Indians?
6. What was a major problem with the Indian tribe in #112?
7. What fib did Zitkala-Sa tell the government in Washington?
(a) Her mother was captured by the Sioux Indians.
(b) Her father was full-blooded Indian.
(c) Her little brother was massacred at Wounded Knee.
(d) Her mother was killed by white soldiers.
8. Who was the main character in Zitkala-Sa's opera?
9. Ohiya's children can be described as ______________ in this chapter.
10. Which of the following was NOT a use for peyote among the Indians?
(a) Medicinal uses.
(c) Religious ceremonies.
(d) Visionary powers.
11. What was Zitkala-Sa's husband's name?
12. From what disease did Gertrude's fiance die?
13. In what state was the school in #139 located?
14. Who was the greedy agent at the Indian Bureau with whom Raymond had trouble?
(a) F. Bowen.
(b) F. Baker.
(c) F. Barker.
(d) F. Bolton.
15. Who was the Indian doctor who wanted to marry Gertrude in Boston?
(a) Carlos Santana.
(b) Carlos Ackley.
(c) Carlos Montezuma.
(d) Carlos Lopez.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zitkala-Sa's best memories were from living ____________________.
2. Which Indians were the richest people in the world?
3. Who testified on Zitkala-Sa's behalf before a senate sub-committee?
4. Gertrude received recognition with performances using which musical instrument?
5. How old was Zitkala-Sa's son in the chapter, "Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Bonnin"?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)