|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which disease did Gertrude contract while at college?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
2. Which Indian chief was murdered on December 15, 1890?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(c) Crazy Horse.
3. In Indian society, the elders told stories to teach ______________ to the young people.
4. The Yankton Indians were part of which Indian nation?
5. On December 29, 1890, ______________ Indians were massacred at Wounded Knee.
(b) nearly 100.
(d) over 300.
6. Who is Tate?
(a) A young warrior.
(b) A Sioux chief.
(c) Gertrude's mother.
(d) The president's wife.
7. Gertrude enjoyed the stories about which Indian character?
8. How many years has Gertrude been at the boarding school?
9. A white woman tossed Gertrude around like ______________.
(a) a rug.
(b) an animal.
(c) a doll.
(d) a rag.
10. How old is Gertrude in the chapter, "The Returned Student"?
11. Who was Tate's son from her second marriage?
12. Gertrude attended the white man's school what timeframe?
13. Which of the following was NOT a behavior exhibited by the Indian children?
(a) They stopped eating.
(b) They wet their beds.
(c) They read the Bible.
(d) They had diarrhea.
14. What was Gertrude ordered to mash one day?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
15. What did Tate teach Gertrude to do?
(b) Catch salmon.
(c) Trap small animals.
(d) Ride a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being home with her mother for ________________, Gertrude went to another boarding school.
2. The Federal agents took away Indian children as young as ___________________.
3. What did the white hunter promise to give to Prairie Flower?
4. Where did Gertrude return to teach in 1891?
5. Where was the boarding school located?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)