|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boarding school?
(a) White's School for Indian Integration.
(b) White's Christian Day School.
(c) White's Boarding School.
(d) White's Manual Labor Institute.
2. What was the name of the Indian agency where Tate and the others received their government food rations?
(b) Green River.
3. Gertrude attended the white man's school what timeframe?
4. What did Tate teach Gertrude to do?
(b) Trap small animals.
(c) Ride a horse.
(d) Catch salmon.
5. What image did Gertrude scratch out in the Bible?
(a) The devil's eyes.
(b) Moses parting the Red Sea.
(c) Jesus with the little children.
(d) God descending on clouds.
6. The baby in #13 grew up to sign a treaty with the U.S. government to give away how much Indian land?
(a) 5 acres.
(b) 11 million acres.
(c) 500,000 acres.
(d) 2 million acres.
7. What did the cutting of Gertrude's braids symbolize?
(a) Submission to the white man.
(b) The elimination of vanity.
(c) Rigorous hygiene.
8. The Indian children did not have immunity to ______________________.
(a) Asian diseases.
(b) Adult diseases.
(c) Eastern diseases.
(d) European diseases.
9. How many children slept in each bed at the boarding house?
10. How many marriages did Tate have with white men?
11. What were the children not allowed to wear at the boarding school?
12. The Federal agents took away Indian children as young as ___________________.
13. What animals were slaughtered by the white hunters?
14. In which state was the college in #84 located?
(a) South Dakota.
15. What did the Federal agents do to force the Indians to give up their children?
(a) Raped the women.
(b) Withheld their food rations.
(c) Withheld money.
(d) Burned their villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Indian children serve as when they were sent to live with white families?
2. Where was the boarding school located?
3. When did Gertrude realize she had made a mistake by going to the boarding school?
4. Who was Prairie Flower's ill husband?
5. Which of the following is NOT something the girls did at the boarding school?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)