|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Tate have?
2. Why did Gertrude cry at the boarding school?
(a) She wanted her mother.
(b) She was ill.
(c) She was hungry.
(d) She was tired.
3. The Yankton Indians were part of which Indian nation?
4. What did some of the children at the boarding school sneak out to do?
(a) Swim in the creek.
(b) Pick apples.
(c) Went to town.
(d) Post letters.
5. What animals were slaughtered by the white hunters?
6. What was the name of the boarding school?
(a) White's Boarding School.
(b) White's Christian Day School.
(c) White's Manual Labor Institute.
(d) White's School for Indian Integration.
7. What was forbidden to the Indian children?
(a) Buying candy.
(b) Telling jokes.
(c) Going home to see their parents.
(d) Drinking lemonade.
8. In what year did Gertrude return home from the second boarding school?
9. The Indian children did not have immunity to ______________________.
(a) European diseases.
(b) Asian diseases.
(c) Adult diseases.
(d) Eastern diseases.
10. How many children slept in each bed at the boarding house?
11. Gertrude enjoyed the stories about which Indian character?
12. The Federal agent told Gertrude that she could have as much as she wanted of what?
13. How many marriages did Tate have with white men?
14. According to Gertrude's mother, who were the only people who had their hair cut off?
(a) Little boys.
(b) Unskilled warriors.
(c) White women.
(d) Captured white men.
15. Who stared at Gertrude and the other Indian children?
(a) The Indian men.
(b) The nuns.
(c) The train conductor.
(d) White people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gertrude become at the age of 17?
2. What did the people in #12 wrap a newborn baby in during their visit with Tate's tribe?
3. How did Gertrude get revenge on the matron who ordered her to mash the item in #59?
4. How did the boarding school make money off the Indian children?
5. Which disease did Gertrude contract while at college?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)