The Yankton Reservation 1876 to 1884: Woniya Kin Tinta Kin Piyawanikiye; Wounspe Tokaheya
1. What was Gertrude's last name as a girl?
2. Who is Tate?
(a) The president's wife.
(b) A young warrior.
(c) Gertrude's mother.
(d) A Sioux chief.
3. Gertrude was born on February 22 in what year?
4. What is the meaning of Zitkala-Sa?
(a) Blue skies.
(c) Wise owl.
(d) Red bird.
5. How many children did Tate have?
6. How many marriages did Tate have with white men?
7. Who was Tate's son from her second marriage?
8. The U.S. government forced Tate to send David to _____________________.
(a) boarding school.
(b) another reservation.
(d) a hospital.
9. What did Tate teach Gertrude to do?
(b) Trap small animals.
(c) Ride a horse.
(d) Catch salmon.
10. What was the name of the Indian agency where Tate and the others received their government food rations?
(b) Green River.
11. The Yankton Indians were part of which Indian nation?
This section contains 3,455 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)