|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Reckoning: "Black and Blue"; "The Condition of Black Life is One of Mourning"; "Know Your Rights!"; "Composite Pops".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many hours was Michael Brown's body left facedown in the street after being shot six times by police in Ferguson?
2. How old was Tamir Rice at the time he was shot and killed by Cleveland police officers?
3. Who was the author of Memoir and Poems of Phyllis Wheatley, a Native African and a Slave?
(a) Marie Ellen Magdalena.
(b) Mary Margaret Johann.
(c) Margaretta Matilda Odell.
(d) Jane Augusten Burroughs.
4. When all flags in the United States flew at half staff after the killings at Mother Emanuel Church in Charleston, which state did not lower its Confederate flag on state-house grounds?
(d) South Carolina.
5. In what state did Kiese Laymon's grandmother live and work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragic event had occurred the week before Emily Raboteau took her family on a walk over The High Bridge?
2. The author of "White Rage" states that the case of Connick vs. Thompson ruled that it was what "for a city prosecutor's staff to hide evidence that exonerated a black man who was rotting on death row for 14 years" (87)?
3. To end his essay "Blacker Than Thou," what three fruits does Kevin Young recollect eating in the morning?
4. The author of "'The Dear Pledges of Our Love'": A Defense of Phillis Wheatley's Husband" states that most of the information about Phillis Wheatley comes from a book published how many years after the poet's death?
5. What does Emily Raboteau name as her first instinct when she first sees the first Know Your Rights mural in her neighborhood?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)