|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian think a year after being an adopted Jew?
(a) The Jews are not any different from other people.
(b) The Jews are indeed victims.
(c) The Jews bring harassment on themselves.
(d) The Jews do not have a chance.
2. Who does Libor suggest Julian hire?
(a) A Hebrew teacher.
(b) A valet for parking cars at the museum.
(c) A janitor for the museum.
(d) A chef.
3. What does Alvin try to create?
(a) A non-profit charitable organization.
(b) A news bureau.
(c) A business blog.
(d) A faux foreskin.
4. What does Julian ask Hephzibah one day while they are in bed?
(a) If she thinks Sam is an anti-Gentile.
(b) If she is interested in dating Sam.
(c) If she wants to invite Sam over for dinner.
(d) If she thinks Sam is attractive.
5. What does the young girl call Julian when he asks her a question?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Julian meet a beautiful hippy girl once?
2. How many times does Hephzibah sigh when Julian asks her about Sam?
3. Why won't Libor do anything for Emmy's grandson?
4. Why does Julian feel responsible for Libor's death?
5. What does Emmy say Libor expects of Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam doing after losing a lot of money in online poker and who does he encounter?
2. What concerns Julian about Sam and Hephzibah?
3. Where does Sam say Kaddish?
4. What interrupts Sam's plans to play online poker?
5. How does Julian end up in the hospital?
6. Why is Hephzibah feeling paranoid?
7. Why does Julian go to the park?
8. How does Hephzibah respond when Sam asks her about a special bond between Jews?
9. Why does Libor and a woman walking her dog intervene with some children?
10. What does Julian recall about a face-painting incident?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)