|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Blaise say is involved in an anti-Semitic incident?
2. For what does Libor say Julian has longed for since Libor has known him?
(a) The beginning of things.
(d) The end of things.
3. What does the young girl call Julian when he asks her a question?
4. To what does Julian dream he is summoned?
(a) A parody of death.
(b) A judge.
(c) A inquest.
(d) A death chamber.
5. What did Julian do when the beautiful girl asked him to paint her face?
(a) He paints her with zebra stripes.
(b) He paints her blood red.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He made her a clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam realize about Julian?
2. What does Libor say all Julian is?
3. In what does Julian think Sam is interested?
4. What does Libor do in Beachy Head?
5. Who do Sam, Julian and Hephzibah encounter after a play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Hephzibah and Sam decide to say Kaddish for Libor, and why doesn't Julian do so as well?
2. What is the manuscript Tyler leaves for Sam and how does he respond to it?
3. Why is Hephzibah feeling paranoid?
4. How does Hephzibah respond when Sam asks her about a special bond between Jews?
5. How does Julian end up in the hospital?
6. What interrupts Sam's plans to play online poker?
7. How do Julian and Hephzibah each blame him/herself for Libor's death?
8. What does Julian realize when he returns to the apartment he shares with Hephzibah and what does he decide?
9. How is Hephzibah grieving?
10. How does Julian cause Libor to cry?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)