|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the beauty of Kaddish in Sam's mind?
(a) It can be said anywhere.
(b) It is simple.
(c) It is easy to remember.
(d) It is all embracing.
2. How often does Sam say Kaddish for Libor?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Once a week.
3. What does Emmy say Libor expects of Jews?
(a) For them to give up their traditions.
(b) For them to always be persecuted.
(c) For them to stay too boudn by their traditions.
(d) For them to live differently than others.
4. What did Julian do when the beautiful girl asked him to paint her face?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He made her a clown.
(c) He paints her blood red.
(d) He paints her with zebra stripes.
5. How many pounds does Sam lose at poker?
(a) About 450.
(b) Almost 1000.
(c) Over 2000.
(d) Almost 300.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hephzibah believe about Libor?
2. What does Julian say a little girl claims at a family birthday party?
3. What does Libor say Julian is cruel to do?
4. What did Sam ask Hephzibah when he came to the museum?
5. Where did Julian meet a beautiful hippy girl once?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julian go to the park?
2. How does Julian end up in the hospital?
3. What does Emmy say about Libor's attitude towards his fellow Jews?
4. What does Libor tell Julian when Julian mentions his fears about Sam and Hephzibah?
5. Why is Hephzibah feeling paranoid?
6. Where does Sam say Kaddish?
7. What does Julian recall about a face-painting incident?
8. What concerns Julian about Sam and Hephzibah?
9. What is the worse time for Malkie as she was dying and how is Libor feeling similarly?
10. What has happened to Immanuel?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)