|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julian doing when someone taps him on the shoulder?
(a) Looking in the window at Markham's.
(b) Tying his shoe in front of Stoleman's.
(c) Looking in the window at J. P. Guivier's.
(d) Trying to get a hold of his umbrella as it is caught by the wind.
2. Who does Libor suggest Julian telephone?
(a) His childhood sweetheart.
(b) A family friend or relative.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A medical doctor.
3. What subject did Libor teach at Sam and Julian's school?
(a) English literature.
(b) European history.
(c) Higher mathematics.
(d) The classics.
4. Where does Julian go two nights later after talking with Libor?
(a) To dine with Libor's fellow Jews.
(b) To meet with Alfredo.
(c) To meet with Sam.
(d) To the opera with a date.
5. Who is Kimberley?
(a) A German.
(b) An Italian.
(c) An American.
(d) A Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Emmy's grandson?
2. Why did Sam appear on "Desert Island Discs"?
3. What does Libor disbelieve about what he and Julian discuss?
4. What does Libor realize as he is on his first date?
5. What does Sam do when he gets online?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Julian meet at a party and what do they do?
2. How does Sam respond to Libor's dinner invitation?
3. What does Julian realize about Kimberly and how does that puzzle him?
4. Why does Julian decide to go to dinner at Libor's two nights later?
5. How does Alfredo explain knowing Sam and knowing about Julian's mugging?
6. Why doesn't Julian accept a dinner invitation from Libor a week after Julian's mugging?
7. What is Libor's first date after widowhood like for him?
8. What do Julian and his sons discuss and what does Julian wonder about his sons?
9. Who is Emmy Oppenstein and how does Libor reconnect with her?
10. What happens to Julian one late summer evening in London on his way home?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)