|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emmy suggest Libor do?
(a) See a grief counselor.
(b) Come with her to the United States.
(c) Come with her to Prague.
(d) Write about Malkie.
2. What does Josephine ask Julian's sons?
(a) If they are still planning a trip through Europe together.
(b) If they are going to visit their father over holiday.
(c) If they have heard from Julian lately.
(d) If they want to catch a film before going home.
3. Why did Sam appear on "Desert Island Discs"?
(a) He thought it was good for his career.
(b) He was offered a great deal of money.
(c) Because Tyler wanted him to appear on the show.
(d) He wanted to hurt Tyler.
4. What does Kimberley give Julian?
(a) A black eye on the other eye.
(b) Her card in case he is ever in Los Angeles.
(c) A poem she wrote when she was twelve.
(d) Advice about the mugging.
5. What profoundly shames Sam?
(a) The way the Jews handled Palestine.
(b) That his parents were avid Zionists.
(c) That Tyler refused to support him publicly.
(d) That his grandfather was in the Israeli Parliment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Libor's first date since widowhood?
2. Who is Emmy Oppenstein?
3. What disappoints Sam as he looks around the room in the meeting?
4. About what is Hephzibah not certain?
5. Why is the Jewish group Sam belongs to upset with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Julian one late summer evening in London on his way home?
2. How does Libor fare with the bereavement counseling?
3. Why does Julian return to the scene of his mugging?
4. What does Julian realize about Kimberly and how does that puzzle him?
5. What does Emmy ask of Libor?
6. Who does Julian meet at a party and what do they do?
7. Why does Julian tell Libor about the mugging, and what is Libor's response?
8. Who is Emmy Oppenstein and how does Libor reconnect with her?
9. Why doesn't Julian accept a dinner invitation from Libor a week after Julian's mugging?
10. How does Sam respond to Libor's dinner invitation?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)