|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Libor teach at Sam and Julian's school?
(a) English literature.
(b) The classics.
(c) European history.
(d) Higher mathematics.
2. What does Julian hope to clear out of his head?
(a) The hope that his sons and he will have a good time.
(b) The hope of meeting a woman.
(c) The desire to be a real father to his sons.
(d) The nonsense that is filling it.
3. What happened to Emmy's grandson?
(a) He was attacked in San Franciso last month.
(b) He was killed in a raid in Jerusalem.
(c) He was killed in Istanbul.
(d) He was attacked and blinded.
4. About what is Hephzibah not certain?
(a) Her feelings about Julian's sons.
(b) Julian's certainty.
(c) Her feelings about Julian.
(d) Her feelings about being involved with a Gentile.
5. What does Kimberley give Julian?
(a) A poem she wrote when she was twelve.
(b) Advice about the mugging.
(c) Her card in case he is ever in Los Angeles.
(d) A black eye on the other eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian visit again?
2. What is one reason Julian considers for the person mugging him?
3. How long before Tyler's death did Sam appear on "Desert Island Discs"?
4. Of what is Tyler ashamed?
5. What surprises Sam when Libor invites Sam over for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Libor tell Julian to go ahead and do and how does Libor start Julian on the path?
2. About what do Sam and Tyler feel ashamed?
3. How does Libor fare with the bereavement counseling?
4. What do Julian and his sons discuss and what does Julian wonder about his sons?
5. Why does Julian decide to go to dinner at Libor's two nights later?
6. Why doesn't Julian accept a dinner invitation from Libor a week after Julian's mugging?
7. What do Tyler and Julian do and what is their thought about it?
8. How do Sam and Libor say and think concerning Sam and Julian?
9. What is Libor's first date after widowhood like for him?
10. What does Emmy ask of Libor?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)