|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian mull over?
(a) Why he doesn't mind losing his wallet.
(b) Whether to call the police.
(c) What identity he could assume without his walllet.
(d) Why he was chosen to be attacked.
2. For what is Hephzibah not looking?
(a) A non-Jew.
(b) A lover.
(c) A third husband.
(d) A live-in arrangement.
3. What does Julian hope to clear out of his head?
(a) The hope of meeting a woman.
(b) The desire to be a real father to his sons.
(c) The hope that his sons and he will have a good time.
(d) The nonsense that is filling it.
4. What happens when Julian is on his way home from dinner with friends?
(a) He is almost hit by a taxi.
(b) He is attacked.
(c) He falls and breaks his arm.
(d) He is shot at.
5. What does Julian do on his first night back working?
(a) Captures two felons on video.
(b) Sells a worthless car to an elderly woman.
(c) Works as a lookalike at a lavish party.
(d) Sells a great car for a low price to a pretty, young woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Jewish group Sam belongs to upset with him?
2. What does Julian name his assailant?
3. Who is Emmy Oppenstein?
4. Why did Sam appear on "Desert Island Discs"?
5. What does Sam not have the courage to ask Tyler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What debates does Julian think about as he walks to Regent's Park and what is Julian's thought about what Libor says?
2. What does a Gypsy woman tell Julian when he is on a school holiday in Barcelona?
3. How do Sam and Tyler respond to Sam's invitation to join the ASHamed Jews?
4. How does Alfredo explain knowing Sam and knowing about Julian's mugging?
5. What do Tyler and Julian do and what is their thought about it?
6. How does Sam respond to Libor's dinner invitation?
7. What is Libor's first date after widowhood like for him?
8. Why doesn't Julian accept a dinner invitation from Libor a week after Julian's mugging?
9. About what do Sam and Tyler feel ashamed?
10. What happens to Julian one late summer evening in London on his way home?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)