|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam drive to Oxford?
(a) He is meeting the co-author of a book he is writing.
(b) He's meeting a key member of the ASH group.
(c) He's meeting a woman who has written an article that appeals to him.
(d) He cannot reach his son or daughter on the phone.
2. How many times does Hephzibah sigh when Julian asks her about Sam?
3. What does Emmy say Libor expects of Jews?
(a) For them to live differently than others.
(b) For them to stay too boudn by their traditions.
(c) For them to always be persecuted.
(d) For them to give up their traditions.
4. Who do Sam, Julian and Hephzibah encounter after a play?
5. What does Julian feel he cannot handle?
(a) The pressure on Julian to convert to Judaism.
(b) The Jewish way of life.
(c) The way Hephzibah's parents talk to Julian.
(d) The way Sam looks at Hephzibah.
6. What is the beauty of Kaddish in Sam's mind?
(a) It is easy to remember.
(b) It is all embracing.
(c) It is simple.
(d) It can be said anywhere.
7. Where does Sam go to say Kaddish?
(a) The park.
(b) The synagogue.
(c) Anywhere he is.
(d) Libor's home.
8. Why won't Libor do anything for Emmy's grandson?
(a) The police are doing more than Libor can do.
(b) Libor says there is no point in doing anything.
(c) The grandson brought the attack upon himself.
(d) Libor stopped working for causes a long time ago.
9. What does Tamara think is hysterical at the debate?
(a) That Sam is at a loss for words.
(b) That Sam is indignant over a question by a Gentile.
(c) That Sam is indignant over something another ASH member says.
(d) That the people think they are making a difference.
10. About what propensity of Julian's does Hephzibah worry?
(a) Being overly optimistic.
(c) Being too dependent on her opinions.
(d) Titillation about odd people.
11. What does Hephzibah believe about Libor?
(a) He went for a walk and simply fell.
(b) He had not intended to actually die.
(c) He was too good to stay in the world.
(d) He could not believe in life after Malkie dies.
12. How often does Sam say Kaddish for Libor?
(a) Three times a day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a day.
13. What is Julian excluded from doing?
(a) Standing next to Hepzibah during the Kaddish.
(b) Saying Kaddish.
(c) Being in the room while Kaddish is said.
(d) Eating after the Kaddish is said.
14. What does Julian say a little girl claims at a family birthday party?
(a) That Julian does not belong there.
(b) That Julian is not family.
(c) That Julian is funny in a different way.
(d) That Julian should be a clown.
15. Where does Julian nap?
(a) No where.
(b) In the monkey house at the zoo.
(c) On a park bench.
(d) At the sleezy motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian worry about Hephzibah?
2. What does Libor say all Julian is?
3. Why do Hephzibah and Sam say Kaddish for Libor?
4. Where did Julian meet a beautiful hippy girl once?
5. How many pounds does Sam lose at poker?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)