|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julian nap?
(a) In the monkey house at the zoo.
(b) No where.
(c) At the sleezy motel.
(d) On a park bench.
2. How often does Sam say Kaddish for Libor?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Three times a day.
3. What debate started the scuffle outside the Oxford Union?
(a) About the newest developments in Iran.
(b) About Israel forfeiting its right to exist.
(c) About whether the Palestinians have the right to exist.
(d) About the way the Americans support Israel no matter what.
4. What does Libor say Julian is cruel to do?
(a) Refuse to help Julian's daughter through college.
(b) Refuse to visit Alfredo.
(c) Tell Libor about Tyler.
(d) Doubt Hephzibah.
5. Who does Sam go to find?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
6. What does Hephzibah believe about Libor?
(a) He went for a walk and simply fell.
(b) He was too good to stay in the world.
(c) He could not believe in life after Malkie dies.
(d) He had not intended to actually die.
7. What interrupts Julian's nap?
(a) A monkey throws something and hits Julian.
(b) A bad dream.
(c) A scream from someone in the room next to his.
(d) The sounds of children taunting someone.
8. What does Libor say all Julian is?
(a) A destroyer.
9. In what part of being Jewish does Julian feel he is deficient?
(a) In his heart.
(b) In his looks.
(c) In his knowledge of the Jewish traditions.
(d) In practice.
10. Why does Julian help a fifteen-year-old boy?
(a) The boy is lost.
(b) The boy twisted his ankle.
(c) He is a Sephardic Jew that is being harassed.
(d) The boy is crying.
11. What does Julian ask Hephzibah about Jews?
(a) If Jews feel superior to others.
(b) If Jews all want to have a Jewish state.
(c) If there is a special bond between Jews.
(d) If Jews truly accept gentiles who convert.
12. Who does Libor suggest Julian hire?
(a) A chef.
(b) A janitor for the museum.
(c) A Hebrew teacher.
(d) A valet for parking cars at the museum.
13. To what does Julian dream he is summoned?
(a) A death chamber.
(b) A judge.
(c) A inquest.
(d) A parody of death.
14. What is the beauty of Kaddish in Sam's mind?
(a) It is easy to remember.
(b) It is all embracing.
(c) It can be said anywhere.
(d) It is simple.
15. What has Julian forgotten about when he arrives back at his apartment?
(a) The museum opening.
(b) The dinner at Sam's.
(c) The opera tickets they had for tonight.
(d) His grandson's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julian stay overnight in the hospital?
2. Who helps Julian help the boy?
3. About what does Julian talk to both Sam and Libor to gain their opinions?
4. How is Hephzibah feeling as she walks to the museum a week after the play?
5. What is Kaddish?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)