|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julian nap?
(a) On a park bench.
(b) At the sleezy motel.
(c) In the monkey house at the zoo.
(d) No where.
2. Why does Julian feel responsible for Libor's death?
(a) For telling Libor about Julian and Tyler.
(b) For not inviting Libor over for dinner the day Libor dies.
(c) For telling Libor that he should move on.
(d) For not noticing that Libor was sinking further into depression.
3. Where does Julian go on this particular morning in this chapter?
(a) A sleezy motel.
(b) The park.
(c) A pub.
(d) The zoo.
4. What does Libor say Julian is cruel to do?
(a) Refuse to help Julian's daughter through college.
(b) Refuse to visit Alfredo.
(c) Doubt Hephzibah.
(d) Tell Libor about Tyler.
5. Why does Emmy say about where they meet?
(a) It was the bridge where Libor and Emmy first met.
(b) Libor could not have afforded it in his pre-Malkie days.
(c) It is busy enough that Libor does not have to talk much.
(d) It near Chaires that Emmy first saw Libor.
6. What pain is Hephzibah feeling about Julian?
(a) The pain of their separation.
(b) The pain of his being beaten up.
(c) The pain that he was not there for her at the museum opening.
(d) The pain of his lack of understanding.
7. What interrupts Sam's plans to play online poker?
(a) A call from his mother.
(b) A call from his ex-wife.
(c) A call from Libor.
(d) A call from his daughter.
8. What is Julian excluded from doing?
(a) Eating after the Kaddish is said.
(b) Standing next to Hepzibah during the Kaddish.
(c) Saying Kaddish.
(d) Being in the room while Kaddish is said.
9. What is the beauty of Kaddish in Sam's mind?
(a) It is simple.
(b) It can be said anywhere.
(c) It is easy to remember.
(d) It is all embracing.
10. Where does Sam find his son?
(a) In jail.
(b) In Blaise's bed.
(c) At the son's girlfriend's house.
(d) He can't find him.
11. What does Julian feel he cannot handle?
(a) The pressure on Julian to convert to Judaism.
(b) The Jewish way of life.
(c) The way Sam looks at Hephzibah.
(d) The way Hephzibah's parents talk to Julian.
12. What does Libor do in Beachy Head?
(a) Meets Emmy.
(b) Drinks and look out to sea.
(c) Calls his children.
(d) Rents a room in a motel on the beach.
13. Who helps Julian help the boy?
(a) No one.
(b) A policeman.
(c) An elderly gentleman.
(d) A woman with a dog.
14. What does Tamara think is hysterical at the debate?
(a) That Sam is indignant over something another ASH member says.
(b) That Sam is indignant over a question by a Gentile.
(c) That Sam is at a loss for words.
(d) That the people think they are making a difference.
15. What is Kaddish?
(a) A special dinner.
(b) The Jewish prayer for the dead.
(c) A ritual to ensure the safety of one's person.
(d) A prayer for success in an endeavor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tyler arrange the details of her death?
2. Who does Julian notice outside the museum?
3. How many times does Hephzibah sigh when Julian asks her about Sam?
4. What has Julian forgotten about when he arrives back at his apartment?
5. Why does Julian stay overnight in the hospital?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)