|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sam go to say Kaddish?
(a) The park.
(b) Anywhere he is.
(c) The synagogue.
(d) Libor's home.
2. What is Julian excluded from doing?
(a) Eating after the Kaddish is said.
(b) Saying Kaddish.
(c) Standing next to Hepzibah during the Kaddish.
(d) Being in the room while Kaddish is said.
3. Why does Julian feel lonely and dejected?
(a) Because he is not a real Jew.
(b) Because he is missing the parties he used to go to as a lookalike.
(c) Because his sons seem to have forgotten about him.
(d) Because his job seems to be a dead end.
4. About what propensity of Julian's does Hephzibah worry?
(a) Being overly optimistic.
(b) Titillation about odd people.
(c) Being too dependent on her opinions.
5. What does Sam realize about Julian?
(a) Julian can never be Jewish.
(b) Julian cannot be Jewish because Jewish cannot be anything.
(c) Julian does not really know Julian.
(d) He never really knew Julian.
6. What does Libor do in Beachy Head?
(a) Calls his children.
(b) Rents a room in a motel on the beach.
(c) Drinks and look out to sea.
(d) Meets Emmy.
7. Where does Sam go after he stops at his son's place?
(a) The Classics Department at Oxford.
(b) The Religion Department at Oxford.
(c) His ex-wife's apartment.
(d) Blaise's apartment.
8. Where does Julian nap?
(a) No where.
(b) In the monkey house at the zoo.
(c) At the sleezy motel.
(d) On a park bench.
9. Where does Julian walk when he feels overwhelmed?
(a) To Libor's place.
(b) To the red light district.
(c) Just in circles.
(d) To Sam's place.
10. Why does Sam drive to Oxford?
(a) He is meeting the co-author of a book he is writing.
(b) He cannot reach his son or daughter on the phone.
(c) He's meeting a key member of the ASH group.
(d) He's meeting a woman who has written an article that appeals to him.
11. Why does Hephzibah feel paranoid?
(a) Because of Sam showing up daily at the musem.
(b) Because of Julian's close questioning.
(c) Because of the loss in the vandalism.
(d) Because a Jewish boy is beaten down the street from the museum.
12. What does the young girl do who is left behind from a group of children?
(a) Sits on a bench.
(c) Taking off her shoes.
(d) Trying to catch a butterfly.
13. What does Emmy say Libor expects of Jews?
(a) For them to always be persecuted.
(b) For them to stay too boudn by their traditions.
(c) For them to live differently than others.
(d) For them to give up their traditions.
14. How many times does Hephzibah sigh when Julian asks her about Sam?
15. Where did Julian meet a beautiful hippy girl once?
(a) At the opera.
(b) At the horse races.
(c) At a party in East Sussex.
(d) At his best friend's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julian cause Libor to cry?
2. What does Sam call his son?
3. Why does Julian feel responsible for Libor's death?
4. What does Libor say all Julian is?
5. Why might Immanuel be arrested?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)