|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam call his son?
(a) An anti-Semite.
(d) A fool.
2. What does Julian think a year after being an adopted Jew?
(a) The Jews are indeed victims.
(b) The Jews are not any different from other people.
(c) The Jews do not have a chance.
(d) The Jews bring harassment on themselves.
3. Where does Julian go on this particular morning in this chapter?
(a) A pub.
(b) The park.
(c) The zoo.
(d) A sleezy motel.
4. In what does Julian think Sam is interested?
(a) Moving to Israel.
(b) Moving to Palestine.
(d) Marrying again.
5. How did Tyler arrange the details of her death?
(a) In a business-like manner.
(b) She dies so quickly she did not have time to make any arrangements.
(c) By ignoring the truth.
(d) By having Sam make the arrangements.
6. Why does Julian help a fifteen-year-old boy?
(a) The boy is crying.
(b) The boy is lost.
(c) He is a Sephardic Jew that is being harassed.
(d) The boy twisted his ankle.
7. To what does Julian dream he is summoned?
(a) A judge.
(b) A inquest.
(c) A death chamber.
(d) A parody of death.
8. What did Julian do when the beautiful girl asked him to paint her face?
(a) He paints her blood red.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He made her a clown.
(d) He paints her with zebra stripes.
9. Who introduces herself to Sam and Julian?
(b) Libor's daughter.
(c) Libor's brother.
(d) Libor's sister.
10. Where does Libor meet with Julian?
(a) At a bookstore near Libor's home.
(b) At the Globe.
(c) At the museum.
(d) At Nosh Bar.
11. Where does Sam find his son?
(a) In jail.
(b) In Blaise's bed.
(c) He can't find him.
(d) At the son's girlfriend's house.
12. How does Julian think Hephzibah's family treats him?
(a) Like an untouchable.
(b) Like a leper.
(c) Like a lost Jew.
(d) Like a Gentile.
13. Who does Libor sit opposite of on a bus one day?
14. Besides Libor and Tyler, who else can Sam mourn while saying Kaddish?
(a) His parents.
(b) The world.
(c) His own failures.
(d) All Jewish people.
15. What does the young girl do who is left behind from a group of children?
(a) Taking off her shoes.
(b) Sits on a bench.
(d) Trying to catch a butterfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julian feel lonely and dejected?
2. What does Julian think to himself that he is good at while sitting in his and Hephzibah's bedroom?
3. Where does Julian nap?
4. Who does Libor suggest Julian hire?
5. Where does Julian walk when he feels overwhelmed?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)